Twenty-six Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

             

                I arrive at the empty W4:7 again. The atmosphere is still the same. I sigh. I feel like crying again but I don’t think I should. What’s the point of crying anyway? I can’t turn back the time and he won’t even comeback. So let’s just move on. I just assume knowing him is one of the sweetest memoirs that I ever had in my whole life and forever it’ll be.

 

                I step into the room with heavy footsteps. There’s the un-working clock hanging on the wall. Still pointing at 8.30 like the last time I saw it. I laugh, remembering Kyungsoo’s embarrassing incident. He really does looks so cute when he’s embarrassed. But he did not know that his nail and hammer did work on me. He just left even before I had the chance to tell him. I sigh again. I walk over to the untidy bed and start arranging the pillows and fold the blanket.

 

                Then suddenly I hear a noise. I turn around and I see the TV suddenly switch on by itself. And then I see Kyungsoo on the screen, sitting on his bed.

 

                “It is on already?” Kyungsoo asks, his hand is pointing at the camera in front of him. It’s Chanyeol’s camera.

 

                “Yes!” Chanyeol yells at him.

 

                Kyungsoo looks nervous. He keeps fiddling with his finger and stares at his blanket.

 

                “Hyung! Come on! Say it!” now it’s Kai’s turn to yell at him.

 

                “Well…ok….erm….hi.” Kyungsoo stutters and smiles innocently at the camera.

 

                Suho raises his eyebrows at him, waiting for his next words.

 

                “Well…..actually….I……..” Kyungsoo takes a deep breath.

 

                 Everyone is nervous.

 

                “I can’t do this.” Kyungsoo sighs and he stares at s behind the camera.

 

                “Ok, that’s it. We’re leaving you alone with the camera. When we come back, make sure you finish recording it Kyungsoo.” Suho pushes the rest of the members to the door.

 

                “But hyung, I want to see our Kyungsoo’s confession.” Baekhyun whines.

 

                “No! We’re leaving. All of us.” Suho closes the door.

 

                Kyungsoo stares at the camera for a few seconds then he takes another deep breath.

 

                “Hi.”

 

                He smiles.

 

                “I know you must be surprise seeing this right? Me too. It was Joonmyeon hyung’s idea actually. All of this. With the help of Kris hyung’s advices.”

 

                He smiles again.

 

                “Ok, no more pick-up lines, no more hammer and nails, I’m going straight to the point.”

 

                He chuckles.

 

                “I like you. I really do. Since the day that Dr. Sung introduced you to me. I know it sounds really stupid because I just know you and you just know me too right? But I’m telling you the truth. I really, really do like you.”

 

                Now he starts to sound serious.

 

                “Remember the un-finish sentence that I want to tell you when you’re trying to leave after you sent me back here during our first ‘unofficial date’?”

 

                He looks calmer.

 

                “Actually, I’m trying to say that you have beautiful lips. And I think that it is very charming. That’s why I was shocked when you came into my room yesterday with the red lipstick. It totally blows me away. But hey, don’t get me wrong okay? That’s not the only reason why I like you. I’m not a ert.”

 

                 He chuckles again.

 

                “I know all the things that happened these past few days in here are crazy but hey, that’s what we called love. There’s nothing easy in it. You have to struggle and fight for it or not, it’ll just go away. And this is what I’m trying to do. Fighting for it. Sorry if it sounds cheesy but it’s true right?”

 

                Another innocent smile appears on his lips.

 

                “I know I can’t be the best guy that you’ve ever met because I’m not as tall as Chanyeol, or as handsome as Jongin, or as cute as Sehun, or as cheerful as Baekhyun or even as lovely as Joonmyeon hyung. But I can, be the best Kyungsoo that you ever known in your entire life.”

 

                His eyes look very sincere. I sob.

 

                “So if you think that I deserve a second chance, can you come to the balcony of my room now?”

 

                I freeze. Does he really means is?

 

                “I’m not kidding. Looks outside of the balcony now.” He smiles and points to the direction of the balcony.

 

                I look at the open window of the balcony and start walking to it. My heart is beating so fast right now. What did he just do to me?

 

                As I step on the balcony, I can see the hospital’s garden in my view. And then there’s Kyungsoo. Sitting on his wheelchair, wearing a white shirt and a white short matching his white cemented right knee with a guitar on his lap and looks straight at me.

 

                He gives me his usual innocent smile again and starts playing the guitar. I know this melody. It is my favorite song! I startle.

 

http://www.4shared.com/get/1a4UdDkg/edwin_mccain_-_ill_be.html

 

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath

And emeralds from mountains toward the sky

Never revealing their depth

 

And tell me that we belong together

And dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

 

                Tears from my eyes are unstoppable. I don’t even care of wiping it. I just don’t want to miss watching any second of this beautiful moment. His voice is so calming. Like an angel. Every note that he sings sounds so lovely. Although I’m at the second floor, I can hear his voice clearly.

 

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love's suicide

And I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

 

                That is my favorite part. And he nails it. The sound that coming from the guitar that he plays really blends well with his wonderful voice. He smiles at me as he continues to sing.

 

And rain falls angry on the tin roof

As we lie awake in my bed

And you're my survival, you're my livin' proof

My love is alive and not dead

 

And tell me that we belong together

And dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

 

                As he gets to the second part of the song, suddenly I see colorful-shiny-tiny pieces of papers falling in front of me. When I look up, there are all five of EXO-K members throwing confetti on me from the third floor. Then I look besides them, there’s Soyeon, Jinyoung and even Dr. Sung! They smile at me and give me a sign to look back at Kyungsoo.

 

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love's suicide

And I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

 

                And then there’s my favorite part again. I look at him and smile.

 

And I dropped out, I burned up

I fought my way back from the dead

Tuned in,

Remembered the thing that you, you said

 

I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love's suicide

And I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

 

I'll be the greatest fan of your life~

 

                He finishes the song beautifully. There’s no word to describe what I feel right now. Only tears running down my cheek. I continue to sob.

 

                “Noona! I think you should come down to Kyungsoo hyung!” Suddenly one of s shouts at me from above. I think it’s the maknae.

 

                I didn’t think twice and quickly run out of the room towards the staircase and out of the hospital. Then I see Kyungsoo again. His face looks like a tomato. Clearly he’s embarrassed. But still, he did not cover his face with his hand or bow down his head like he always does when he’s embarrassed. He lifts his head up and bravely looks at me. I approach him.

 

                “Do I have a nice voice?” he asks.

 

                I chuckle and nod.

 

                “Do I pronounce English well?”

 

                I nod.

 

                “Do you think it’s cute? All this?”

 

                I nod.

 

                “Do you think it’s sweet?”

 

                “Yes. Very much.” I answer.

 

                “Do you like it?”

 

                “A lot.” 

 

                Then he covers his face with his hand. Maybe he can’t resist the embarrassment.

 

                “Is that all that you want to ask?” now it’s my turn.

 

                He lifts his head.

 

                “No. There’s one more thing.”

 

                “Go on.”

 

                “Do you like me?” He stutters a little.

 

                I pause.

 

                “Of course.”

 

                I run to him, kneel down and we both kiss.

 

******************