Sixth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

                “You have got to be kidding me!” Soyeon is just too excited.

                “Yeah. Look at yourself.” I show her the report file that Matron Kim gave me just now.

              “Ward 4, Room 7…. Patient’s name, Do Kyung Soo.” She pauses for a while before looking back at me and shrieks, “That’s D.O.!!”

               “Easy sister. Why are you over excited anyway?” I just can’t seem to find the reason why I should be excited like her.

                “Well, first; you are just being assign to attend a very special patient which is undoubtedly a Hallyu star. Second; there are might be chances you will interact will all of the EXO members and third; did anyone ever told you that you are going to be the first junior nurse that works at the VIP wards?”

             “I think the first two reasons are quite nonsense. Except for the last one.” I giggle to Soyeon’s reaction to what I said just now.

              “Well maybe later you will learn to understand why girls like me went crazy over some cute boys that can sing and dance well.” Soyeon sticks out her tongue at me and continues her unfinished work. I just laugh at her.

               “Enjoying yourself aren’t you?” Yeonhee sunbae appears out of nowhere and stands beside me. Her eyes draw to the report file on my hand.

               “Good afternoon sunbae-nim.” I would rather choose not to answer her question.

             “I don’t even understand why Matron Kim let you take care of him. You are not even a senior yet.” she sounds so sarcastic with her annoying voice. Oh I really wish I can cut and take out her voice box right now.

          “Don’t be so happy my dear hoobae. Because I don’t think that you’ll be taking care of him long enough for him to even know your name.” she pretends to pat my back before she slaps my shoulder and leaves. I frown but I manage to avoid myself from falling.

          “Are you alright? How can you just stood there and do nothing?! She is totally over the limit right now.” Soyeon seems so unsatisfied with what just happened.

            “I’m fine. Don’t worry.” I smile at Soyeon. Being underestimate by people is not a new thing in my life. Even during high school and college people always oppress me. Only those who know me well and what I am capable of will treat me equally.

             “Don’t worry Soyeon. I’m okay, seriously. I have to go now. I think Doctor Sung is already waiting for me right now.” I take all my things and leave the counter. Suddenly a verge of curiosity appears inside my head. What is so special about this patient anyway?

 

**********

 

             “Hyung, can I sign on your knee?” Sehun speaks as he looks at Kyungsoo's broken knee.

             “Yeah. Go on. Do whatever you want Sehun.” Kyungsoo never says no to the maknae.

             Sehun quickly grabs a marker on the small table and sign Kyungsoo’s cemented knee as big as he can. Suddenly Chanyeol sees what he’s doing.

             “Yah! Sehun-ah! Live some space for the others too!”

            “Sorry hyung. First come, first serve.” Sehun raises his eyebrows to Chanyeol. Kyungsoo just laughs at them.

             “Hey you two! Can’t you guys be a little bit quiet? Look!” Baekhyun yells softly and point his finger to the sleeping Suho on the couch besides Kai. Chanyeol and Sehun quickly lower down their voice. Suho must be so tired. Their managers are nowhere to be seen.

              Suddenly the door creaks open and a doctor with a nurse come in. “Hi everyone.” The doctor gives a warm smile to them. Looks like the nurse behind him tries to hide her amazement but it seems that Kyungsoo manage to notify it first.

 

**********

 

            Oh. My. God. They look like mannequins! There’s the tallest one with a very charming smile. His teeth looks like he deserves to be stand alongside Doctor Hong at the dental department. Then there’s the fairest one. His skin looks so soft and fair. Better than mine perhaps. Then there’s the one with a bronze skin. His tanned body looks so beautiful. I don’t even know why I think he is y the moment I see him. Those three are in tall group I guess. Then there’s the shortest one I think. The one that is sleeping. His face looks like an angel except for the bruises and cuts on his face. Then there’s the one with the eye smile. He has that innocent face and when he smiles; his eye smile just blows me away. And then the last one of course, the real patient. Do Kyung Soo. He does not really impress me like the other except for his cute round eyes. But still he’s the one that needs to be treated and not the rest. I think I’m starting to understand Soyeon’s excitement and Yeonhee sunbae jealousy about this thing.

 

**********