Fourteenth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

*forgive me dear readers, it looks like i broke my promise one more time. it's 870 words this time. sorry.*

 

               “HAHAHAHAH!!!!!” I realize that everybody in the lobby is staring at us when Soyeon laughs.

                “Soyeon-ah!” I pinch her elbow and give her the ‘silence’ sign.

                “Oh.” She realizes that everyone is staring at us. “Sorry.”

                Soyeon looks at me again and laughs. But this time, she covers with her hand.

                “I bet he must be so embarrassed with Dr. Sung after this.”

                “I think so too.” I can’t help but laugh too.

                “Why didn’t he at least checks whether it was only you or not?”

                “I told you, he looked at the wrong clock.”

                “And those things he said are the worst pick-up lines I ever heard in my entire life! Ever!”

               “Hey, it wasn’t even his idea. It was one of ’s suggestions that he use those lines.”

                “But still, what he did to you just now was quite brave you know. Singing and saying those stuffs. I think it was sweet. Seriously.”

                “Yeah.” Soyeon is right. I do feel touched with what he did.

                “So, what did he said after Dr. Sung left?”

                “After we both realized the un-working clock in his room was the cause for the failure of his plan, we just laughed and I told him that I have other work to do. So I left.”

                “You should at least let him explain. Why did you left so early?”

                “I don’t know.” Honestly, I feel a little uneasy about it, that’s why I left.

                “What’s wrong?” Soyeon realizes my gloomy face.

                “Nothing. I just feel a little uneasy about it.”

                “Why? Hey, an idol just confessed to you and you feel uneasy? Come on.”

                “That’s why I feel uneasy.”

                “Because he’s a celebrity?”

                “Yeah. But that’s not the only reason.”

                “Hey, just spill it out. You know I’m a good listener right?” Soyeon pats my back softly.

                “I just knew him you know. And so is he. Then suddenly he confessed like that. I don’t think it was right.”

                “Oh, you’re right. I almost forgot that you just met him yesterday.”

                “That’s the point. When I walked back here after I left his room, I was thinking, how can he fall in love with someone that he just met less than 24-hours ago?”

                “Yeah. It doesn’t seem right after all. But, can I ask you something about it?”

                “What is it?”

                “Do you like him too?”

                Soeyon’s question just strikes me like lightning.

                “I don’t know. I didn’t even think about it. I was touched with what he did and I like it. But that doesn’t mean that I like him.” I emphasize the ‘him’.

                “Well, in my opinion, you should just act normally after this. He’s not even asking you anything about it after all. Maybe you should give yourself some time to think.”

                “You’re right Soyeon. Thanks.”

                “Hey, we’re BFF right?” we both smile to each other.

 

************

 

                Asking their manager hyung to go buy some coffee is just an excuse so that he leaves the room. But it looks like their manager hyung fell for it. When Sehun closes the door and gives them the ‘ok’ sign, all of them quickly sit on Kyungsoo’s bed.

                “Hyung, did your plan work?” Kai is the first one to ask.

                “How did she look like when you do the buing buing?” then Baekhyun.

                “Did she like it hyung?” and Sehun.

                “I bet she must be crying isn’t it?” and even Suho hyung.

              “I guess my pick-up lines must be working huh?” and yeah, the most to blame, this tall creature, Chanyeol.

                “Pick-up lines?” the other four except Kyungsoo look at Chanyeol.

                “You gave him your pick-up lines hyung?” Sehun looks excited.

                “Yeah he did. And it work so WELL.” Kyungsoo punches Chanyeol shoulder.

                “Ouch. Hey, what’s with the punch bro? I expect a thank you would be nicer.”

                “Will you be my hammer, if I be your nail? Will you be my headphone if I be your mp3? Will you be my paper if I be your pencil? What the hell. I told you that those lines are weird.” Kyungsoo gives Chanyeol a deadly stare as he reads the lines on the paper.

                The other four are laughing hardly.

                “What’s wrong with it? It was good right?” Chanyeol pretends to look innocent.

                “What did you say? Good? Dude, it was the worst thing ever! To make it worst, she was not the only one who heard it, Dr. Sung was there too!”

                  Now all five of them are laughing hardly except him.

              “Kyungsoo-ah, sometimes, things just go unplanned. I pity you, but I think I should laugh because it’s too funny.” Chanyeol pats his back and laugh again.

                “You guys can laugh as much as you can.” Kyungsoo pulls the blanket and covers himself, pretending to be sleeping. Clearly he is upset.

                “Awww~ Our Kyungsoo is upset. Come to mama.” Chanyeol hugs him.

                “Get of me Chan!” Kyungsoo mumbles under the blanket.

                “Kyungsoo hyung, don’t be sad, we’re still here for you.” Now Kai is hugging him.

                “Aigoo~ Our omma is crying.” Baekhyun joins.

                “I’m not crying!” Kyungsoo screams.

                “Should we join hyung?” Sehun looks at Suho.

                “Yeah.”

                And all six of them are on the bed, hugging him. Poor Kyungsoo. 

 

**************