Thirteenth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

          “So you want me to be your hammer Kyungsoo?” Dr. Sung mocks him as he puts on his stethoscope.

              Kyungsoo feels like he should have jump out of the window or dunk his head into the toilet bowl for the next 100 years. What happened just now was so damn-freakin-awfully-mega embarrassing thing that ever happened in his 19 years of living on earth. The thing that he reads just now was from Chanyeol. He sent him that text last night after they ended their second phone call. Even he himself feels that those pick-up lines are quite weird but when he texted Chanyeol about it, he replied;

            Chanyeol: [Hey, don’t you trust the almighty Mr. Park? I’ve used it before and it works. Trust me.]

                Yeah Chanyeol, it’s REALLY does work. Hammer? Headphone? What the hell. Kyungsoo feels like he should pluck The Almighty Mr. Park’s teeth one by one and sells it on eBay. The fans will definitely buy it.

                “Maybe next time you should ask me for some much better pick-up lines Kyungsoo.” Dr. Sung continues to as he checks his heartbeat and body temperature.

                Kyungsoo don’t know where he should hide his face at that time. He is so embarrassed and Dr. Sung isn’t giving much help either. He can see she chuckles every time Dr. Sung teases him.

                “Well, looks like your heartbeat is a little too fast today and I understand why. But everything else looks fine. Even better than your condition yesterday. I wonder why.” Dr. Sung rolls his eyes to her but she doesn’t seem to notice it.

                “Thanks a lot doctor.” Kyungsoo smiles awkwardly and wishes that he could run away from the room now. Seriously.

                “Well, then I shall leave. Maybe you can continue with your plan just now. Nurse, you can stay.” Dr. Sung walks over to the door.

                Before he opens the door, Dr. Sung turns his head and said, “Oh yes, you can fall from the sky and you can fall from the tree, but the best way to fall…. Is in love with me.” *(This line is taken from here. Credit to the writer)*

                Kyungsoo’s face turns red.

                “I think that is much better than your hammer and nail isn’t it?” Dr. Sung chuckles before he leaves the room.

 

***************

 

                It’s only left me and him in the room right now all thanks to Dr. Sung. This is so awkward. He’s not talking and so do I. He must be so embarrassed. He’s not even lifting his head. He just looks down and stares at the blanket. I can see his face hasn’t turn into its original color yet. Honestly, he looks cute when he’s embarrassed.

                “You have a nice voice.”

                “Thanks.”

                “You can pronounce English very well.”

                “Thanks.”

                “The buing buing was shocking.”

                He chuckles. Good sign. Looks like he’s getting better. Just a little more.

                “But it was cute.”

                He covers his face with his hand and chuckles again. “Thanks.”

                “And sweet.”

                Silence.

                “And I like it.”

                He lifts his face. Finally.

                “Really?”

                “Yeah. But the hammer and the nail part, uh-ah.”

                He laughs. “I think so too. It was Chanyeol’s idea actually, those lines.”

                I laugh too. “Maybe next time don’t listen to his advice anymore. Was the buing buing his idea too?”

                He laughs again. “No, it’s mine. He just said shows some aegyo.”

                “Well, looks like not all of his advice are bad.”

                “Yeah. By the way, why did you come with Dr. Sung just now? I thought he’s supposed to come at 9.00 am.”

                “Well, I realize that it’s already 8.50 am when you push the button. I thought you must be in pain so I call Dr. Sung too.”

                “What? No, it was only 8.30 am when I push the button.” He looks puzzle.

                Oh, so it was my fault his plan didn’t work just now. I must have miss look at my watch again. Then I look at the clock on the wall.

             “Looks like you should blame that clock.” It wasn’t my fault! The clock in his room is not working. It’s still pointing at 8.30 right now.

                We both laughs. 

 

***************