Eighteenth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

                “You know what; I think he was blown away with your y hot lips just now.” Soyeon still can’t stop teasing me since I got back to the counter with the red lipstick on my lips.

                “Do you know that it was embarrassing? I don’t care if he’s blown away. Oh gosh.” I’m still trying to remove the lipstick. But it’s too thick.

                “Ok girl. Relax. I’m just kidding. Well, now at least you understand what he feels about yesterday.”

                Oh, Soyeon is right again. I almost forgot about yesterday. So it makes us even.

                “What are you doing?” the wicky-witch of Seoul appears again. Urgh.

                “Nothing sumbaenim.” I try to hide my lips but looks like she had noticed it first.

                “Oh my God. Did you just put red lipstick on your lips?  Let me guess, you must be doing it on purpose aren’t you? You must be trying to get his attention don’t you?”

                This is so annoying. I’ve already get enough stress with this lipstick and now this witch just trying to add up more.

                “No, I’m not.”

                “Oh really?”

                “Sunbaenim, she really means it. She did not apply it by herself, it was her patient.” Soyeon is trying to help.

                “Shut up. I’m not talking to you.”

                Ok, that is so rude. Telling my friend to shut up while she is trying to defend me? I’ve had enough of you sunbae.

                “No! You shut up!”

                I stand up and stomp my fist on the counter, real hard. Everybody flustered.

                “I’ve had enough of you sunbae! I don’t care if you want to accuse me for anything but don’t you dare try to tell my friend to shut up when it is clearly that you should shut your DAMN mouth!”

                I think everybody in the lobby can hear my voice at that time because I can see that everyone is looking at my direction. Including the person that I really did not hope the most, Matron Kim.

                “What on earth is happening in here?!”

                Oh no. This can’t be good.

                “You two! In my office, now!”

                Great.

*****************

 

                “Now explain to me what happened just now.” Matron Kim is looking at us with her deadliest stare I’ve ever seen.

                “It was her! She started it!” Yeonhee sunbae points her finger at me.

                “What? No! It wasn’t me! It was Yeonhee sunbae!”

                “Oh yes you are.”

                “No, I’m not!”

                “Don’t lie hoobae.”

                “What are you talking about? I swear it…..”

                “Quiet! Both of you!”

                Both of us freeze.

                “I am so disappointed in both of you. Especially you, Yeonhee-sshi. You are a senior aren’t you? I thought that you would set a good example for the juniors, but no. I assume that your experience will makes you more professional in your work, but looks like you are no difference like the junior nurses.”

                Serves you right.

                “And you!”

                Ok, it’s my turn now.

                “I always amaze with your working skill. Even though you just started working here but your quality really impresses me. That’s why give you the chance to work in the VIP wards although you are still a junior nurse. But I did not expect that it can cause this chaos.”

                I sigh. Maybe the idea of giving me that chance was not a good idea after all.

               “So I’ve decided. You don’t have to attend Mr. Do Kyungsoo anymore. I’m assigning someone else.”

                I startle. Yeonhee sunbae is smiling.

                “Finally. So are you going to assign me at last?” Yeonhee sunbae is folding her arms. Looking satisfied.

                “No Yeonhee-sshi. I’m assigning a male nurse.”

                “What?!” Yeonhee sunbae releases her folding arm.

                “I’m not going to let the same thing happened twice. It’s too risking assigning a female nurse to take care of a male celebrity in this hospital. So that’s it. I don’t want to hear any more objections. Now, off you go. And I don’t want to hear any more screaming and shouting.”

                So we both walk out of Matron Kim’s office. As we step outside her office, Yeonhee sunbae turns to me.

                “This is all your fault. Well, at least now you are not taking care of him anymore too.” She smirks at me and walk away.

                Soyeon is looking at me. I look at her back.

                “Are you alright? What happen?”

                I run to Soyeon and hug her. Suddenly tears falling down my cheek. And I don’t understand why.  

 

***************** 

 

*can i ask something? do you guys like this twist that i put or not? come on share your opinion in the comment box! i thought it might be interesting to put some conflict in it so that's why i wrote it. but it is still not too late to change it since i just wrote a little for the next part.*