The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 8

Most Important Person In The World

 

I looked at YI FAN. Searched his eyes. What was he planning to do? I couldn't tell, but he looked so determined.

LAY turned to look at YI FAN too. YI FAN was his best man, why was he objecting?
 
WU YI FAN walked to face the altar. He looked straight at me. "I love you."
 
I laughed. "I love you too, but why did you have to stop the wedding? YI FAN, don't joke around." I turned. "Go on with the wedding."
 
But YI FAN stopped him. "No. I loved you since we were kids. I never told you, and when you left, I couldn't deal with it, I still can't. When we kissed that night two years ago, I didn't regret it and I never will. Don't get married...You're supposed to be with me."
 
I stood there, suddenly overwhelmed and about to faint. "What? ...Are you serious? I love LAY and I'm getting married to him." I took LAY's hand. "This is not fair to LAY or I." The whole room was silent. HALLEY was shocked too. She looked at SEHUN. 
 
"I love you, don't you understand?" YI FAN pleaded. "I want you to be with me."
 
LAY was starting to get impatient, I could tell. He squeezed my hand a little tighter. 
 
I looked at LAY. "I'm sorry, LAY, this is too much. Let's postpone the wedding. We'll get married another day?"
 
LAY looked at me. "You know what? I always knew there was something going on with you two. I don't think this will work out. We're not getting married." He looked at WU YI FAN one last time before he walked out through the double doors I had just entered twenty minutes ago. 
 
I burst into tears and ran past WU YI FAN, out of the chapel. I couldn't take it anymore. The day I was going to get married to someone I actually loved, and everything was ruined. I cried really loudly. I bet I was ruining my wedding dress with tears. Not that I even cared. I wasn't even getting married. My legs no longer could take it anymore. They were shaking so much I had to lean against the wall corner and sit down. I cried even more. 
 
 
(WUYIFAN's POV)
 
 
I stood there, hands in fists. I could feel a lot of people's eyes on me. Like I had ruined everything. I couldn't blame them. I did. But I didn't regret it. The woman I love could make me do anything without regrets.
 
I walked out of the chapel to find her sitting in a corner, shaking and crying.
 
 
(MY/YOUR POV)
 
 
I felt YI FAN approach me. I pushed myself/my back against the wall even harder. I didn't want him to get close. He had ruined everything. My wedding, gone, just like that. 
 
"No regrets," he said. "I will always love you. Forever. I will wait until you love me back."
 
"That won't happen." I responded angrily and wiped my tears.
 
"I want to make that happen. I will always wait for you to love me back."
 
"I hate you! I will never love you. I don't even think of you as a best friend anymore! You ruined everything. Get away from me!"
 
That only made YI FAN get closer. "You're my princess, I won't leave you. We've been together since young. I loved you since young. Do you think it's that easy for me to leave you like this?"
 
His soothing words only made me angrier. "You lied. That means our friendship was fake. You never thought of me as your friend. I always thought of us as friends." I started crying all over again. "Why...? Why did you have to go ahead and fall in love with me like that?"
 
"Because you're beautiful. You make me want to take care of you. You're smart, you'r-
 
I cut him off there. "Smart? More like stupid. Too stupid to realize that you weren't my friend, never were."
 
"You're everything to me..." He suddenly sounded so hurt. "Do you know how much it hurt when you left to New York? How long I waited for you to come back to me? How I felt when I found out you liked LAY? How I felt when you told me you were getting married to LAY? HUH?! DO YOU?!" He came closer to me. We were only inches apart. "You don't know how much it hurt when you were leaving for New York. Letters and phone calls, you think that's enough? No, I didn't get to see you. I wanted to see you. I even went to the park where we met everyday, thinking you would come back. I sat by the sandbox. People thought I was crazy, visiting that park everyday. It was like waiting forever. Too long. I gave you everything to make you happy. But in the end, you fell for someone else. That's not even a slap in the face. A slap doesn't hurt. You stabbed me, right through the heart." He stopped talking. Tears were running down his face now. 
 
That made me very sad. Because even though I didn't love him like a boyfriend/significant other, I still loved him as my best friend. I knew him for that long. Although he didn't love me like a friend and as much as I hated him for ruining my wedding with LAY, I knew him for too long. I extended a shaking hand and wiped his tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't know...You never told me. If you told me earlier, before I left, maybe I would have loved you. Maybe we could have been together. Maybe I wouldn't have to be here, right now with someone else. It's too late now. I'm in love with LAY."
 
"Don't say that...I don't want to hear that. It's not too late. I want you to love me." He held the hand that I used to wipe his tears away and kept it on his face, like he was scared I would take it back. "Why do you have to do this to me...? I was stupid. I couldn't tell you, never had the courage. I was embarrassed that I fell in love with my best friend. You were three years younger. I had no idea how to tell you. "
 
I had nothing to say, all I needed to say was already spoken.
 
We stayed there, silent for a very long time. "I'm so sorry, YI FAN...really." I got up from that small corner and left him, once again, heartbroken.