The Most Important Person In the World 2 - Chapter 6

Most Important Person In The World

I looked up. "Oh, I'm sorry. I meant KRIS. I don't know what came over me..."

Baby KRIS cooed again. He waved the dragon around. I laughed. He was making my head feel better. 

"Mommy."

"Awww....I wish I was, you little cutie pie." I kissed him on the forehead. He was so adorable. "Woogy woogy woo." I made faces at him.

"Daddy."

I looked at him. "YI- KRIS, he wants you." I almost said "YI FAN" again. What was wrong with me? I handed baby KRIS over to him. He took the baby and bounced him up and down. 

Baby KRIS dropped the dragon. "Waahhhhhh....!!!!!" He started crying.

I picked it up. 

"Mommyyyyyyyyy.....!!!"

I didn't even mind that he called me that now. It kind of made me happy. I gave the dragon back to baby KRIS. He gurgled. 

"You're a good mother," KRIS said. He put the baby back in his crib. 

Something came to me, but I lost it again. It was like a flash. A faint memory, but it was gone again. "Um, I have to go," I said. "YI XING is probably waiting for me."

Suddenly, he took me by the wrist and pulled me into his arms. For some reason, I didn't mind. It felt good, I liked it. It felt so familiar. YI XING came into my mind and I pulled away from KRIS. "No...LAY is waiting for me." I started to leave.

KRIS grabbed me by the wrist. "Please don't leave me again...Please...You left me so many times, I don't want to lose you again."

"What are you talking about?" I turned around. His facial expression, it looked so pained. I looked away from him, it made me feel sad. Then I saw the picture again. The wedding photo. 

KRIS pulled me against him. He was shaking so much that I didn't want to leave him. "Why is this so unfair?" he whispered. "Don't go back to LAY. I love you. You're supposed to be with me. We're married."

I pulled away from him. "What? We're what?" I looked at the picture again.

"We were so happy... Now everything is gone. KAREN, please come back to me," he choked out.

I felt so sad, watching him. I never seen a him like that. I could have said he was sad, but that wasn't it. He was suffering, and I didn't want to see him like that. Something about what he said and how he said it made me trust him. 

I started walking over to him. "Okay."

I didn't see him smile on the outside, but I saw something in his eyes. It was a smile. He was happy. Happy. Something I hadn't seen from him in a while. Sure, I didn't know who he was, but I had a slight feeling.....that I had known him forever.

 

* * * * *

 

I wanted to know what was going on.  When KRIS brought me back to SM, I went straight to YI XING. "YI XING...tell me. Is KRIS my husband?"

He looked surprised. 

I grabbed his hand. "Please...I want to know!!!"

"Where did you hear that?"

"Just tell me if it's true." I knew that LAY had lied.

"Fine. He is."

I got up. Then I slapped him. Hard, right across the face. "I can't believe you! How can you treat a friend that way? You haven't seen what he is going through. He's supposed to be your best friend. You put him through so much and you don't even know. On top of that, you lied to me!"

I left the room and headed for the stairs. I needed to go downstairs for some fresh air. My head was pounding.

When I got to the stairs, a rush of thoughts and memories came to my head. 

 

SCRAM, losers!

Do you want a cookie?

This is my home. You can come here whenever you want.

I want you to sleep over.

KAREN? Are you still awake?

I love you (My first kiss, in the dark. Though I didn't consider it to be because he was my friend and I thought it was a sibling kiss).

What? You're going to New York?

I don't want you to go. Can't you stay here with me? You can live with me.

I love you. I'll miss you.

It's not the same here without you. 

I love you. 

I'm trying out for SM's Global Audition.

Welcome to Seoul!

Try this.

I'm not saying you're not good enough to take care of her. It's just that I've known her longer. I'll take care of her.

Great, now we'll see each other more often.

I object!

Do you know how long I waited for you to come back to me? ....A slap doesn't hurt. You stabbed me, right through the heart.

Watch out!

 

I love you, WU YI FAN.

 

Happy Birthday.

Yes, LAY is okay. He's just not awake yet.

You'll be okay.

You have to drink it. I need you to get better. 

"Dada."

 

I swallowed. "Oh my god. YI FAN...." What had I done? How could I have forgotten him? "I'm so sorry," I cried. "So sorry....."

Everything went white as I felt my knees buckle. I felt myself fall forward, down the stairs.

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

We were at the hospital. Again.

"I don't care if you don't remember me," I said through my tears. I was holding her hand. "Just please live for me, okay?" I kissed her small soft hand. 

"I love you." I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath. "I want you to live. As long as you're happy, I'll be happy. I promise that..."