The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 10

Most Important Person In The World

(MY/YOUR POV)

 

We went back to SM together. I didn't want to speak to him during the ride. 

I always thought of YI FAN as my best friend since childhood. I was stupid. This whole time, we weren't friends. Only I was stupid enough to think that. 

I could feel him staring at me. Finally, he spoke. "Are you ever going to talk to me?"

I stayed silent. But he kept staring, and I couldn't take it. "How long?" I asked. I felt my voice shake.

"How long what?"

"How long did you like me? How old were you!?"

The driver was eavesdropping from the rearview mirror. I glared at him. He looked back at traffic. 

"How long did I love you?

I didn't say anything. I hadn't addressed it as "love," I said "like." I stared out the window.

"Since forever. That day at the park."

"You didn't even know me. I didn't even know you. "

"Yes, but I watched you from afar. You went to the park everyday. It wasn't until those two knuckleheads pushed you that I approached you."

I almost laughed when he said "knuckleheads." But I looked out the window so that he wouldn't see me smile.

 

* * * * *

 

I continued modeling at SM. 

One night, in our bedroom, HALLEY whispered in the dark, "You're so stupid."

I sighed. "Why? Why do you think I'm stupid?" I was trying to fall asleep. I was really sleepy from the long hours of modeling.

"Because you don't realize that LAY still loves you."

I sat up. Then I squinted my eyes even though it was dark and I couldn't see any better. "Are you okay?" I the lamp light. Then I walked over to her bed and put a hand on her forehead.

She swatted my hand away. "I'm not kidding. SEHUN told me LAY's doing worse in his performances. And when they're not practicing, he stays holed up in his bed. You need to go talk to him."

I swallowed, feeling tears coming, knowing LAY's health was probably getting worse. God, I was such a crybaby. Even I was getting annoyed of it. "If he loves/loved me, he wouldn't have walked out at the wedding. He wouldn't have suspected anything between YI FAN and I."

"He was probably only frustrated. Now go," she said, pushing me out the door.

 

* * * * *

 

Once I entered EXO's room, the members that were inside opened their eyes wide, and left the room quickly. Except LAY. He was in bed. I walked over and sat down. His eyes were closed. He looked so peaceful.

"LAY."

He looked up. "KAREN?"

My eyes welled up with tears as I heard him say my name. "Yeah," I squeaked. Stupid tears.

He turned, back facing me. I knew it. HALLEY was wrong. He didn't love me. I felt my throat get tighter. I couldn't say anything. So I sniffed, wiped my tears and got up to leave. 

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist. "No, don't go."

I looked down at him. He was now looking at me. God, those puppy eyes always gave me butterflies.

I sat down on the bed. LAY brought my hand that he was holding to his face. 

"I love you," he murmured, dozing off. "I don't want you to ever leave me again..."

I kissed his forehead. "Of course not," I replied, though I didn't know if he heard. A lot of tears came rolling down my cheeks. I wiped my face with my sleeve. "Of course not. Never."

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN POV)

 

I stepped away from the doorway. I couldn't watch anymore. So I had no chance with her, my love. My first love. I sat down, outside, next to the doorway. Perfect time to cry. No one around. I pulled my knees to my chest, buried my face in my crossed arms and cried silently.

I didn't want anyone to comfort me. The only person that could was her. But she was inside with LAY. And she had no interest in him. So why did he keep going back to her? Because you love her, stupid. Yes, I love her.

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

I stayed with LAY, watching him sleep. I hated myself then. Why? I felt like I couldn't keep my promise to never leave him. I was so confused. Why did my life have to be so confusing? WU YI FAN made my life confusing. My feelings toward the both of them, YI FAN and YI XING. I lay down next to LAY, face to face with his sleeping angel face, and went to sleep.

 

* * * * *

 

I don't know how long I was asleep. When I woke up, the first thing I spotted was the ring on my finger. My hand was resting in front of me, on the pillow I was sleeping on. I remembered the ring from the wedding, right before the objection. I kissed it. The second thing I noticed was that LAY wasn't there. 

When I got up though, he surprised me. 

"Good morning, love." He came from behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

I turned half way and he kissed me. "We didn't go through with the wedding, but I pronounce us husband and wife," he explained. He kissed me again.

I giggled and kissed him too. "Okay, I have to go model now, honey."

LAY nodded. "Bye." He gave me a quick kiss.

As I walked away from LAY, I don't know what that feeling was, but it was something similar to guilt. I looked at my ring and smiled. No, it couldn't be guilt. Because what would I be guilty for?

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Hey readers, I know this is going kind of slow, but I promise I'll make it go faster + more dramatic scenes. I promise ><