The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 16

Most Important Person In The World

 

I felt my heart sink. Oh my god. No. "YI XING....!!!!!"
 
The knife dropped onto the floor with a loud clatter, and his body fell to the floor soon after.
 
"Noooo!!! YI XING!" I ran over to where his crumpled body was. "Somebody get help," I cried. "YI XING! Why did you do that?" I put his head in my lap. 
 
YI FAN called an ambulace. 
 
"You....you don't love me. Go back to....duizhang."
 
I shook my head. "You're wrong." I could feel my face getting hotter as more tears spilled down. "You're wrong, YI XING. I do love you." I hugged his limp body closer to mine. 
 
D.O. was really horrified. He was so in shock. SEHUN kept shaking him. "Umma." D.O.'s face: D.O
 
LUHAN ripped a part of the white tablecloth and wrapped it around the wound on YI XING's stomach.
 
I kept my focus on him. "YI XING, you stupidhead....." I choked out, and more tears slid down my face.  
 
The ambulance came and I got in after they brought him in. They had put a breathing mask in his nose/mouth area. I saw that he was sweating. I wiped the sweat away with my sleeve.
 
"YI XING, you better not d-die...You have to live. Or how would I g-go on?" I was shaking so hard and I felt so numb. Weak. 
 
His eyes were closed now. I didn't know if he heard me or not. The hand I was holding on to was losing its warmth. I shook my head and more tears spilled down my cheeks. "Nooo.....don't die and leave me behind...! I won't ever forgive you..." 
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
I couldn't believe I was back at the hospital. A week after I had just gotten out. I stayed there, sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room, next to the hallway. 
 
YI FAN, the rest of EXO, and HALLEY, arrived a couple minutes later. 
 
YI FAN rushed over to me and held my hand. "He will be okay. You just have to believe he will. He's strong."
 
I kept crying. I felt my chest heaving up and down. I managed to choke out, "The doctor didn't come out yet."
 
BAEKHYUN started wailing loudly. D.O. was still in shock. HALLEY was shaken. She wasn't crying, but she was holding SEHUN's hand and they both had solemn expressions.
 
The double doors to the emergency room opened. I got up first and rushed over to the doctor. "Oh my god, doctor, please tell me he's okay....!!!"
 
The doctor shook his head. "He's in critical condition. Right now, judging by the circumstances, we don't know if he'll make it or not. We'll just have to pray that he makes it." He looked really sad when he told me that. "I'm doing all I can." Then he went back in through the double doors. 
 
I could feel myself getting weaker. I looked into the windows of the doors. There was a lot of blood. The mask around his nose/mouth. The tools. I wanted to vomit, but I didn't eat anything, so nothing came out.
 
It was my birthday. Why did this have to happen to me? 
 
YI FAN came over. "Don't worry, okay? LAY is a strong person." 
 
I shook my head. "No. No! He wasn't strong enough to stop himself from stabbing himself." I pushed YI FAN away. "If he dies, I can't forgive myself. I really can't." I sat down on the floor.
 
WU YI FAN sat down next to me.
 
"Why do you still love me? I love YI XING."
 
"Because I don't think anyone has a warmer heart than you do. I've known you for sixteen and a half years. No one, nothing, can make me stop loving you."
 
I shook my head and buried my face in my hands. "I hate my life. It's so difficult and confusing! You don't understand."
 
"No. You're wrong. My life was confusing once too. Before I figured out that the reason was because I loved you."
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
I don't know how long I sat there, but I didn't want to leave. I couldn't get up anyway. My legs, felt so numb I couldn't move them. As much as my back was hurting, as tired as I was sitting there, I didn't want to leave. I felt like if I left the spot, YI XING would leave me too.
 
When the doors opened again, it was about 3am. EXO and HALLEY was asleep, falling all over each other on the waiting seats.
 
"The only way to save him is a blood transfusion," the doctor explained. "Blood type A or O only."
 
YI FAN wanted to help, but I stopped him. "I can give him some of my blood, I'm blood type A!" I said. "Anything to save him."
 
"Alright. Come with me."
 
I followed the doctor to a small room. The lights were really bright. 
 
The doctor tested my blood first, and my blood did qualify to be given to YI XING. So he started the process. I had to lay down on a bed while my blood was being taken out. The doctor said a lot of people feel faint or pass out during the process. 
 
I watched my blood being taken out. I had to save LAY. YI XING. I closed my eyes. YI XING, I'm doing this for you. You better live for me. I love you, don't you know that?
 
Six tubes. 
 
The doctor gave me a cup of apple juice and smiled at me. Then he told me I was a nice young lady, and that LAY probably meant a lot to me.
 
I nodded. "Yes. I love him so much." After he left, YI FAN came in with flowers. Roses. He set them at the drawer/desktop next to my bed. 
 
"YI FAN...."
 
"Shhh.....you have to rest." He kissed me on the forehead. "Go to sleep."
 
I went to sleep. 
 
I woke up a couple of hours later. "I have to see YI XING!" I flipped over the sheets.
 
WU YI FAN was still there. "Whoa, slow down!"
 
I stopped. "What do you mean? He's okay, right?" 
 
"Yeah, but he's not awake."
 
"I still want to see him." I put on my slippers and started out the door.
 
Suddenly, everything flashed white. I held onto the doorframe. 
 
"Whoa, be careful," WU YI FAN said. He caught me before I fell. 
 
"Help me," I said. "Bring me to YI XING." I hated feeling so pathetic. 
 
YI FAN shook his head. "KAREN, relax." He kissed me. 
 
"WU YI FAN, not right now! I want to see YI XING!" I felt like I was about to have a panic attack if I didn't see him. What if this was all a plan? YI FAN didn't want me to know that YI XING... No. He couldn't be.
 
YI FAN picked me up. Then he carried me to LAY's room. 
 
Tears immediately came to my eyes when I saw him. He looked so weak and helpless. The tube that was attached to his nose. I wiped the tears away. "YI XING, can you hear me?"
 
I took his hand. "I love you. Okay? I love you, why don't you understand? Do you know that you changed me? I was so lost until I found you. You changed the way I saw everything. You showed me what love really was. I will never forget that, okay?" I took his hand. "So you show me your 'fighting' spirit!" My throat got tighter.
 
I saw a tear escape his eyes. "YI XING? Are you awake?"
 
He opened his eyes. "KAREN...."
 
I smiled at him through my tears. "Yes, I'm here, YI XING." I hugged him. I didn't want to let go.
 
"KAREN....you're ." He laughed weakly.
 
I blushed. "YI XING! I'm not joking here! You're still using your sense of humor at this moment? Hmph!" I let go of him.
 
"No, don't go. I love you too." He kissed me.
 
I blushed and stayed with him for a while until all of EXO impatient, so they went in one by one to see him. 
 
I knew what I had to do. It wasn't going to be easy. But I had to do it.
 
I pulled WU YI FAN aside in the hallway. "YI FAN...I'm....I'm choosing.....YI XING. I'm so sorry. He needs me. I want to stay with him. I love him." I closed my eyes tightly and then opened them when I started to walk away. 
 
But he grabbed my arm. "Don't do this..."
 
"I'm really sorry YI FAN. I've made my decision. I don't want to leave YI XING." I turned away.
 
He grabbed my arm again. "KAREN, I love you. Don't do this to me. Please," he pleaded. 
 
I felt sadness come over me. I didn't want to do this to WU YI FAN. I knew that I already hurt him a lot.
 
"KAREN....." He pulled me back and hugged me. His body felt so good, so warm, so manly. My head was against his chest. But I chose YI XING. I pulled away. 
 
"I'm sorry. This is hard for me too, you know?" I swallowed. "It's so unfair."
 
"No, I don't want you to be sorry." He kissed me. "I need you to love me," he whispered.
 
"No! YI FAN, I choose YI XING." I pushed him away and ran to the bathroom with tears filling up in my eyes.
 
I broke WU YI FAN's  heart. Again. I hit the sink with my hand and sobbed. Why did my life have to be so difficult?
 
When was this going to be over?