The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 17

Most Important Person In The World

 

I visited YI XING everyday that I had time, until he was able to leave the hospital. 

The manager was really unhappy and upset. "Why is it always you three? We postponed three showcases already, and KAREN missed a commercial."

Things got worse from there. HALLEY told me she and SEHUN broke up. She stayed in bed a lot and she used up all of my tissues. I tried to comfort her. 

"Hey, look to the bright side. At least two guys didn't almost get killed for you in your situation. And you're not married, so you can still find someone else. Or, maybe you guys could patch things up."

That made her cry more. "Are you serious right now? He cheated on me with Jessica from Girls Generation! I'm not getting back with him."

I sighed. I couldn't really even sympathize or empathize for her now that I had gone through much more. So I went to SEHUN. 

"Hey, um. HALLEY's really upset. You think you could cheer her up? If you liked Jessica, why didn't you break up with HALLEY first? It would have hurt less if you did that."

"What? I don't even like Jethica. I would never cheat on HALLEY. Sthe just thinkth too much sthometimesth. I only hung out with Jesthica once at her birthday party, but only becausthe sthe wanted me to."

So he didn't cheat. I went back to HALLEY. "It's like I thought. SEHUN's not the cheating type."

"Whatever. I'm not getting back with him." She blew her nose and coughed.

I sighed. Well, I tried.

 

* * * * *

 

I had to work harder, now that I was going to be in a group that was about to debut. KATS was going to be the name. Weird. KAREN, ANNA, TORI, SALLY. Apparently I was the leader. Hmmm...

I had less training in the dance part, but I was a dancer before, in Vancouver and New York, so I knew what I was doing. I caught on pretty quickly.

The day before out debut, I tried to rehearse on my own in our room. I had to move to the KATS room. We had our own room, like EXO had theirs. I was still best friends with HALLEY.

We debuted the next day. EXO came to the performance. 

At the end of the performance, YI XING came and picked me up in a huge hug. "You were awesome. You dance great too. And you can sing. What else can you do that I don't know about?"

I giggled, then got serious. "Well, I can play the guitar. And I can be pretty funny at times, but that's all." (Hmm...reminds me of...LAY?)

He gave me a quick kiss, then put me down. I saw YI FAN watching so I looked away from him quickly. I didn't want to cause more trouble. 

LAY looked at my outfit. "You look so cute in this." 

I blushed. The chest area was really noticeable. So I covered it up and said, "Okay, I'm going to go talk to the others now. Bye, YI XING!" 

I went over to ANNA. 

"You were great! It's too bad your friend HALLEY couldn't attend." 

I smiled. "Don't worry, she will next time, when she's not modeling. By the way, you were really good too."

She smiled, but then stopped. "Um, I'll talk to you later." She was looking past me. So I turned.

WU YI FAN. I almost brushed noses with him, since he was looking down at me. 

"So, you're the leader." 

"Um. Yeah."

He smiled. It seemed like a sad one. "Congratulations." He hugged me.

His hug surprised me. But I guess it could be a friend hug. I hugged him back.

When we pulled away, I told him I had to go. 

 

* * * * *

 

The next week, we had another performance, but on a different stage. EXO was there too, because they were performing before us. 

I was kind of nervous, because it was only our second time dancing. Plus, we were lip-syncing, so I hoped I wouldn't mess that up.

When EXO was done performing, they came backstage. They were all sweaty. 

We were getting ready to go on stage. A sweaty LAY came over to me and kissed me on the forehead. "Good luck."

BAEKHYUN came over and hugged me. "Noona, you're very pretty in that costume." Then he hugged me tighter. And rubbed my back. I swear, sometimes that kid seemed like a ert. I didn't know why he called me noona. I was younger than him.

I then saw him go over to CHANYEOL and they high-fived. I opened my mouth in shock. What was that? BAEKHYUN saw me and winked. 

Then we had to go on stage. The crowd was silent. 

When our performance was over, I was so tired. Mainly because our song, "The Angel's Love is History (hehe)" was five minutes long and we had to dance a lot. 

I went backstage and sat down for a while. EXO wasn't there anymore. Probably went somewhere else.

"I'm going to the changing room," TORI said.

"Bathroom," ANNA and SALLY said in unison. They looked at each other and giggled.

Suddenly, a fan came backstage. An extreme fan, probably? Otherwise, how could she get backstage.

"Oh my gosh, I'm such a big fan of yours! I know you were a model before, and you sing and dance really good too! It's so cool to see you in person! And you're so lucky that you get to be with KRIS and LAY! You're so pretty! Can I get your autograph?" she gushed.

I smiled, kind of overwhelmed. When she mentioned the KRIS and LAY part, my heart skipped a beat. "Um, sure."

She quickly took out a pen and a piece of paper. "Here," she said, smiling. She shoved the pen and paper into my hand. 

I smiled back, and started signing.

When I gave the pen and paper back, she said, "Oh my gosh, you look so thirsty. Um, I have an orange drink." She pulled a bottle out. "Here." She gave me the bottle.

I smiled. "Thank you. Wow, I have such a cool fan."

She smiled so wide then. "Oh my gosh, KAREN just called me cool!" Then she skipped out, saying that over and over again. I noticed that she dropped the autograph paper.

I giggled and took huge gulps of the orange juice. Gosh, I was so thirsty. I drank half the bottle.

Suddenly, the fan came back. "Hi!!!!!"

I was surprised. 

Then YI FAN came backstage. "Hey."

The fan darted back out when she saw him. I laughed. What a weird fan.

I smiled at him and got up. "Hey, YI FA-

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. It happened over and over again. I clutched my stomach.

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

She held her stomach, and was looking down at the floor. She clutched the side of a table. Then she bent down and crouched down on the floor.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She didn't reply. Instead, she covered . 

I bent down too. "KAREN?" 

She kept looking at the floor. Then, I saw blood. It seeped out through her fingers.

I swallowed. "HEY! SOMEONE GET HELP!"

TORI came out of the changing room. "Oh my god."

They started running down the hall to get help. Her manager came running, holding a phone, talking quickly. 

I picked her up. She held onto my shoulder. Her hands were bloody, but I didn't mind. There was a line of blood trailing down the side of , down to her chin. 

"YI...FAN..."

"Hey, stay with me okay?" I looked at her. Her eyes were closed. More blood came out her already blood stained lips. 

When the ambulance came, I carried her into the back quickly, so we could hurry up and go. 

"YI FAN...It's cold...Cold." Beads of sweat were forming around her forehead.

"Don't worry, okay? You'll be fine." But the truth was, I didn't know if she was going to be. I felt my voice shake as I told her that, and seconds later, I knew I was crying. Why was this happening? We'd been to the hospital so many times in a year. About eight months, to be exact.

Seeing the blood made me so unsure that she was going to be fine. I squeezed her hand. "You'll be....okay."