The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 3

Most Important Person In The World

 

We ate in a not so fancy restaurant but I didn't mind. I was only focusing on WU YI FAN. Sometimes LAY because I kept getting distracted, but mostly YI FAN. I missed him, even though he was so close. The time we spent apart made it feel like we had a lot of time to make up. 

He was treating me so nicely. "Try this." He put something on my plate. 

When I ate it, it was so spicy. I wrinkled my nose and fanned my mouth. "Water," I gasped. He started laughing. I smacked his arm. "YI FAN, don't playing around like that," I whined. I grabbed his cup of water. "This is what you get. I'm drinking everything so you're not going to have any."

LAY started laughing. Gosh, his laugh was so cute, like a little kid! He was sitting on my other side. "You better get used to this food."

I blushed. I couldn't believe I had just wrinkled my nose in front of LAY. I covered my face and looked over at HALLEY. She was sitting in between D.O. and TAO. I bet she was fangirling inside. She was hardly eating anything. Just taking pictures with a camera she brought along. She mostly focused on D.O. though. 

A lot of fangirls were crowding around. I was too scared to even do anything. Especially anything to get them mad. I avoided eye contact with any member. Even YI FAN.

I accidently made eye contact with an angry fangirl. She gave me such a venomous look, I swallowed and didn't feel hungry anymore. Instead, I felt like throwing up.

HALLEY was still taking pictures. She was so fascinated. I wish I were like her sometimes. Careless about everything, not noticing the fangirls. 

 

* * * * * 

 

When everyone was done eating, we got up.

"You hardly ate anything," WU YI FAN noted. 

"I'm not that hungry. Come on, let's go." I really wanted to get out of that place. The fangirls were starting to really freak me out. My head was hurting. Someone was screaming CHEN's Korean name, "Kim Jong Dae!" And someone yelled "SEHUN!!!!" and "SUHO!!!"

We were almost out of the restaurant when I noticed I left my purse at table. WU YI FAN noticed that I stopped walking. "What's wrong? You wanted to leave."

"I left my purse at the table. I need to go get it." I had very important things in there. My childhood picture with him. A stone he gave me when we were younger. I had brought it along with me to show to him.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, the fangirls might think something's going on between me and you. Why don't you guys wait for me outside? Apologize to the others for me, for making them wait." I could tell he was about to say something, but I started back toward the table before he could. 

I looked at the floor walking back to the table because I didn't want to make any eye contact with anyone. I knew there were some of those crazy, angry fangirls. When I got to the table, I was happy to see that it was still there. I grabbed it and started back to the entrance/exit of the restaurant. 

Suddenly, I was hit with a splash of something extremely cold. My hair was all wet. I looked up to see the girl I had made eye contact with before. She was holding an empty glass. The drink wasn't sticky, it must have been water. Still, it was dripping down my face. It was really cold. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and shivered. This reminded me of my childhood, and suddenly I felt scared all over again. 

Then someone grabbed my arm. WU YI FAN. He looked really angry. It reminded me of the day at the park when we first met. When he yelled at the bullies. I knew he wanted to say something to that girl. But I stopped him. "Let's just go," I said quietly. 

He pulled me by the wrist toward the exit. 

When we got outside, everyone else was waiting. HALLEY stopped laughing with D.O. and turned her attention to me. "What the happened?"

Then she covered and looked at D.O., hoping he didn't hear her curse.

"It's nothing, just a fangirl. Come on, why are we all still standing here?" I asked. I was really upset. I felt so embarrassed to be seen by LAY like this. 

WU YI FAN gave me a tissue. I thanked him. He really did care about me. Always did, like a big brother, since young. My real best friend.

We headed to SM. CHANYEOL led the way, he was really energetic, hopping, making bunny ears on BAEKHYUN, laughing. 

Once we got to SM, the boys had to go practice. HALLEY and I relaxed in their room. We had someone supervise us, since they couldn't trust "any fans."

I couldn't help but notice WU YI FAN had a photo of me eating a slice of watermelon back when I was 12. The summer before I left. I was wearing a straw hat. And laughing. And I didn't bite the watermelon yet, but my mouth was on it. I smiled and put the photo back where it was. 

 

* * * * * 

 

In the next few days, EXO visited us at the hotel and we visited them in SM, but rarely, since SM didn't like that we were "just fans" and we weren't allowed to get special treatment. 

HALLEY and I had to take a few jobs before we went house-hunting. I didn't like that YI FAN was spending his money, paying for the hotel room. We worked in a refreshments/smoothie shop. A lot of customers knew us because of recent visits to SM or EXO coming into the shop, enjoying bubble tea and having a chat with us. Some girls stayed calm, but there were a lot of times where we were both covered in smoothies or drinks. 

YI FAN said he didn't want me working there because of all the incidents, but I really wanted to make some money. I had to live my own life in Korea, not depending on him all the time. I also worked another job, in a fashion clothing store. HALLEY didn't work that job, saying it was too much for her and she was too tired of dealing with the lunatic fangirls.

I got so tired. We hardly saw EXO anymore, but when we did, we got to know them better. I got to know LAY more. I was surprised when he asked me out one day. I accepted, of course. He was my first boyfriend!!! >_<

A few days after LAY and I had started going out, EXO had a performance in Seoul. We were invited and had VIP seats. 

At the end of the mini interview, WU YI FAN pulled me up onto the stage and said that I was his childhood friend. He said he couldn't have done it without the constant "Fighting!" spirit of mine. I laughed, but blushed. He also called me the most beautiful girl in the world.  He used to call me that all the time back in Vancouver, even though I knew there were prettier girls than me. I could tell LAY thought it was awkward. He stared at the both of us.

After the performance, SM let EXO do whatever they wanted, which was rest. LAY brought me to a really fancy restaurant. I would never have guessed that I was ever going to have a dinner with him a couple months ago, but I knew at that moment that I was really lucky and happy.

I had no idea what was ahead of me. A lot of change and surprises........