The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 4

Most Important Person In The World

 

During the next few days, LAY and I had a good time. We weren't on the "kissing level" yet. I never had a first kiss, even with my last boyfriend. Gosh, I was such a newbie. I wanted my first kiss to be with LAY. I could tell he wanted to kiss me too, because he was always flustered and nervous when he got near me. 

Once, when LAY and I were just about to kiss, WU YI FAN interrupted. Seriously, sometimes I wonder about that guy.

It was a Friday. During my lunch break, LAY came over. We talked for a while. Then, it was awkward silence. Suddenly, he told me I was so cute, and started leaning in. My heart started beating faster. When his lips were just an inch away, WU YI FAN came into the shop and yelled my name. I looked up, kind of glad he did, but also pouted a little inside.

HALLEY told me about D.O. everyday. She whined about how she was going nowhere with him. He was just flirting with her, unknowingly. I told her to that it was okay, and that maybe he just wasn't the right guy. She was also interested in SEHUN, so I said maybe he was the right guy. 

"Easy for you to say," she said, "you're going out with LAY."

I blushed. 

 

* * * * * 

  

YI FAN invited me to another showcase, VIP seats again. 

At the end of the showcase, HALLEY and I were just about to leave when someone grabbed us. A stranger. I was kind of freaked out, but WU YI FAN came over and said it was only an employee.

"Hi, I thought you and you're friend has the potential to model for our company." 

I wasn't sure. "Umm...." I thought for a while. If I modeled for them, I would be closer to YI FAN and LAY. So I said yes. HALLEY said yes right away. 

"Great!" the worker said. "We just need you to sign this contract. Follow me please."

I was kind of nervous, but WU YI FAN gave me an assuring smile. 

HALLEY signed quickly. I stared at the contract, which was four pages. After a while, I signed it anyway. I had some modeling experience. I modeled for heels/shoes once.

"Now we can be together more often," WU YI FAN said, once we left the office. He put his arm around my shoulder and gave me his babyish smile. His smile had stayed the same. 

I smiled back, but took his arm off me. "Not so fast, dummy. You still have your practices and performances and travels and I still have to model."

LAY came over. "You joined?" he asked. I nodded.

"Great, now we can be together more often!" 

I looked at YI FAN and we both started laughing. HALLEY joined in later. LAY looked at us. "Am I that funny?" 

I looked at YI FAN and we both started laughing again. HALLEY laughed late again. I punched LAY. "I have to model. You have to practice, perform, and travel. We won't see each other so often."

He pouted. "Don't make fun of me like that." Then he gave me a peck on the cheek. 

YI FAN stared at us. "Stop being so lovey-dovey in front of me. It's sickening."

I gave YI FAN a kiss on the cheek too. "Was that sickening?" I joked. 

He didn't say anything. In fact, none of us did. So I pulled HALLEY's arm. "Come on, we have to go resign for our jobs."

HALLEY twirled me around with a little dance. "Of course. Tonight, we're celebrating because we quit our jobs. LOL."

"Bye," LAY responded. YI FAN didn't say anything. He looked so out of it. I elbowed him. "Bye, bestie."

He snapped out of his daydream. "Oh, bye!"

HALLEY and I headed toward the exit, twisting and turning along the way. I blew kisses to LAY and YI FAN. HALLEY blew a kiss to me. We both started laughing.

 

* * * * * 

 

The next few days were really tiring. I hardly got to see YI FAN and LAY and the rest of EXO. 

Finally, on the next week, our commercial was released and we got some time off. We decided to watch EXO practice. 

I giggled every time YI FAN made a mistake. He was so cute, so clumsy. When they were done practicing, LAY came over, about to kiss me on the forehead when I pushed him away with a finger. "Ew, you're sweaty." I giggled. 

He pouted. "Then I'm going to take a shower right now." 

WU YI FAN cut in. "Nope. I'm going first." They both raced out of the dance studio and to their room. 

HALLEY sighed. "No luck with SEHUN either."

I patted her shoulder. "I'll help you."

I went over to SEHUN. "Hey, can you come with me for a second?"

SEHUN his lips. "Um, okay."

I walked over to HALLEY with SEHUN. When we got to her, I pushed the both of them together. "There. Now you two can be in your own little world!" I smiled and gave them a thumbs-up. 

SEHUN blushed and his lips again. "Noona..." he said to me. 

I shook my head. "I knew you liked her a while ago." Then I walked away, leaving the two of them alone. On my way to EXO's room, I saw D.O.. He didn't look too happy with me.

 

* * * * *

 

I waited by YI FAN's bed. I thought it would be weird to wait by LAY's. When YI FAN came out the shower, he was topless. Somehow, that wasn't surprising. He used to play basketball topless sometimes, and I sat on the side, watching him. Plus, when we were younger, we were so close we took baths together. 

LAY went in to take a shower while I spoke with YI FAN. "So how's your practice coming along?" I giggled. 

He knocked me on my head softly with his knuckles. "Stop making fun of me. I'm trying my best." 

I rubbed my head even though it didn't hurt. "WU YI FAN, you're such a bully." 

He opened his eyes wide. "Me? The bully? How many times have you punched and slapped me since you got here?" 

I frowned. "That doesn't count."

"And me knocking your head lightly does?" He emphasized "lightly." He crossed his arms. "I don't think that's fair."

We chatted for about ten more minutes until we had almost nothing to say left.

I yawned. "Alright, I'm going to bed. Tell LAY goodnight for me. Goodnight, Mr. Duizhang," I joked sarcastically. 

I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

He turned. "Goodn-

OH.

MY.

GOD.

My lips met his. And LAY came out the shower just in time to see everything.