The Most Important Person In The World Chapter 5

Most Important Person In The World

 

I pulled away quickly. I had just kissed my best friend. I covered my mouth.

"What was that?" LAY demanded.

"That was an accident," I blurted. "I swear, I was said goodnight and then leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek and he turned to say goodnight." I wiped my lips. "I'm serious."

LAY looked at YI FAN. "Is that true?" he asked, voice softer now.

YI FAN didn't say anything. His whole face looked blank. I waved a hand in front of his face. "Oh, yeah. It was an accident."

LAY nodded. But he still didn't look at ease. 

"LAY, do you believe me?" I got up from YI FAN's bed and took LAY's hand. 

He looked at me and pulled my hand off of his. "Just go to bed. We'll talk in the morning. This is too much to deal with right now."

I looked at WU YI FAN. "Okay then. Goodnight guys..." 

As I left the room, my eyes filled with tears. I knew LAY wasn't completely satisfied with the answer. Everything blurred up as I walked to HALLEY and my room. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" HALLEY asked when I got to the room. 

I broke down completely, and told her everything. 

"Wow, that's gotta be tough. You lost your first kiss to your best friend and LAY, wants to break up with you?"

"He didn't say he wanted to break up, but I know he will." I wanted to change the subject. No more talking about all this stuff. "So, how are you and SEHUN doing?"

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute! I only talked with him for five minutes, but he his lips eleven times." She giggled. "

"What did you guys talk about?"

"His lisp."

"Wow, what a topic." I suddenly felt so tired. I went to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I came out, I said goodnight to HALLEY. By the time I lay down, I was no longer tired. Instead, I cried to myself trying to cover my sniffles with my blanket so I wouldn't wake HALLEY up. 

 

* * * * *

 

The next night, YI FAN came to look for me. "Hey, about last nigh-

I cut him off. "That was nothing. Go back to your practice. You'll get in trouble."

But he wouldn't leave. "I just wanted to say sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry for what? You didn't do anything. It was an accident." I waved bye to him. "Bye now."

"Does this mean you're not mad at me?" He had a really confused look on his face. 

I smiled to reassure him I was not mad at him.

"Great. So we can have dinner together later? I have something to tell you. Alright, meet me outside. Bye!" He left so quickly I didn't have a chance to say anything. 

 

* * * * *

 

I met him outside of the building. He said he wanted to take me to a place that had really good food. So I followed him.

We were walking next to each other, footsteps falling at the same pace. We stayed silent.

When we got to the restaurant, I was surprised to see that it was fancy. "Why are we here? This is too fancy." 

He shrugged. "It's dinner, not lunch. I just wanted to make sure there were no problems between us. We could talk here."

He ordered my and his food, since I didn't really know how anything tasted like. 

"Um, I wanted to talk to you about something. Um. I wanted to tell you before you left for you know, New York. But yeah, you left before I could say anything."

I blinked. "Go ahead." 

Before he could say anything, the waitress came over. She placed all the food down but didn't leave just yet. "Can I get your autograph?" She looked at WU YI FAN. 

"Sure." He took her pen and signed her memo pad.  A waiter came by and asked for my autograph. That only led more waiters and waitresses over to our table.

We hardly had time to eat or talk to each other. 

Finally, they stopped coming over. 

I turned to YI FAN. "What is it?"

He only stared at his plate. "I...I uh, you know what? It's nothing, never mind." 

I knew he was hiding something, but I didn't wasn't going to push him to say it. 

By the end of the night, we were both so drunk. Seriously, very drunk. We had to lean on each other for support. 

So I called LAY to come pick us up. He was really annoyed. "What's with you guys hanging so much? If I didn't know you guys, I would have thought you were a couple."

Hearing that, I threw up on the sidewalk. I wiped my lips with a tissue threw it in a nearby trash can before I got into the backseat with YI FAN.

YI FAN just got in the car. He didn't look drunk anymore. He only looked upset. Probably about how LAY said we looked like a couple. I didn't blame him, I was kind of upset that LAY was thinking too much. YI FAN and I were childhood friends. What did he expect? That we weren't going to be close?