The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 18

Most Important Person In The World

 

(WU YI FAN's POV)

 

The hospital scene, it was so familiar. We'd been there three times in the last eight months. I sat outside, waiting for the doctor.

YI XING rushed into the hospital. "Where is she?! Is she okay?"

"The doctor didn't come out yet."

"What happened anyway?"

"I don't know. After the performance, I went to talk to her, but she wasn't talking. Then she vomitted blood." I saw the whole scene replay in my head. 

"YOU. It's your fault. You were the only one who was with her. She was fine before and during the performance. YOU DID SOMETHING!!!" He grabbed my shirt by the collar.

"No. Why would I try to harm her? YI XING, you know that I love her. Why would I harm her?"

He let out a sigh of frustration. "You're jealous. You're mad that she chose me. And you did something so that none of us could have her. What the did you do?"

"I swear I didn't do anything. ZHANG YI XING, calm down okay? You don't know what you're talking about."

He nodded. "You're right. I should calm down. But you're not getting away with this."

Suddenly, the emergency room doors opened. The doctor came out. LAY and I rushed over to him.

"It's poison," he said. "I tested the blood. There was a lot of poison ingested. She's not responding right now. Her heart rate is also really low. Now, I can't promise I can save her, but it's very hard to save someone who swallowed such a large amount."

"No, you have to do something! You're a doctor!" I yelled. I grabbed his hands. "Please. You have to...." I got on my knees. 

"I'm sorry, some things I really can't do. We'll just have to wait and see." He went back into the emergency room. 

YI XING covered his face with both of his hands. "Why? What? Who would do this?" He kept pacing back and forth while I was still kneeling on the ground, staring at the empty and plain white hospital wall.

Later, HALLEY and the rest of EXO came. 

BAEKHYUN and CHANYEOL were hugging each other. "NOOOOONAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" they wailed.

HALLEY was crying loudly. "What the !!!!!! We've been in the hospital so much already...Why is this happening?!" D.O. went over to comfort her. SEHUN stared at the both of them.

SUHO was pretty mad. "Damn! Why do these type of people even exist anyway?" 

KAI faced the wall. "I'm surprised anyone even had the nerve to do that. They must be so psycho."

XIUMIN and CHEN were so in shock too. "How can anyone have such a dark heart? So closed, so mean?" XIUMIN said, wide-eyed.

"If I knew who did it, I would not forgive them," TAO said. Wushu mode...

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN POV)

 

I slept at the hospital. 

LUHAN had contacted TORI/ANNA/SALLY and told them to see if there was anything in the rooms that she might have drank or eaten. TORI found a bottle of orange juice, half-finished.

The cops had inspected it, taken DNA fingerprints from the bottle.

I wanted to see that person. Who was cruel enough to do something like that? Since none of us were able to visit KAREN, we went back to the showcase to see the person getting arrested. 

When I saw her, I remembered. That girl, she ran out of the room once I went in yesterday night. 

While she was getting arrested, she turned and looked at me. "KRIS! LAY! Tell them to stop arresting me, I did it all for you! She caused you two so much harm, why are you still siding with her!?"

I only turned to LAY, trying to block out the suspect's words.  

"Dui zhang, sorry about yesterday. I was wrong."

I patted his shoulder. "It's okay. I understand."

After the arrest, we went back to the hospital to see how she was doing.

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

A lot of people. I looked up to see a lot of people looking down at me. Nurses. Doctors. The light was blinding. 

Suddenly, they all disappeared. The voices felt farther, slipping away.

It was really bright. Really bright. All white. 

At first, it was hurting my eyes, this bright light. But then it turned a dreamy white color, I felt like I was floating. 

I wanted to be there. It looked better there than where I was. So I went to the bright dreamy white light. 

But there was something sketchy about that light. Every time I went toward it, it seemed to go farther, so what was I supposed to do? Keep going?

No idea.

But the nurses and the doctors were too loud, like echoes, far away. Hurry up! She's not breathing.

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN POV)

 

"How is she doing?"

The doctor shook his head. "I don't think she will make it. It doesn't look good so far. No response."

He didn't think she would make it. But I didn't want to lose hope. "She's a strong person." 

The doctor put a hand on my shaking shoulders. "I can tell she must be very important to you. You're a good boyfriend...or husband?"

I didn't know what to say, because I was neither. He went back into the emergency room. 

I thought of our childhood together. No way it would disappear that fast. No way was she going to just leave like that. There was so much I wanted her to see. I wiped the tears from my eyes and face. No. She had to make it. 

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

That light, it was teasing me. It made me want to go toward it. Follow it. No. I turned around.

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

After hours at the hospital, it felt like I was getting used to the place. I didn't eat anything. I couldn't eat. It seemed to selfish to eat, right now in this situation.

 

* * * * *

 

Later, the doctor came back out. "She's okay! We got most of it out out of her system. Now she just needs to take medicine regularly. To get rid of the rest."

I hugged the doctor so tight. I couldn't be happier.  

"Umph." The doctor grunted. "Uh...."

I let go. "Sorry. Thank you so much. Can we see her now?" 

"She needs her rest. You can visit her later."

"Is it okay if I just watch her?" I felt like if I left her alone again, something was going to happen.

"Alright." He brought her out. She was still sleeping, but her face looked so drained, so tired. 

LAY came over. "She's okay." He took her hand. Such a small frail hand.

They brought her to another room. LAY wanted to stay with her first. So I let him, since he was her husband.

"I thought..." the doctor started. 

"No... He's her husband," I told him. 

LAY stayed with her for three hours. I went in after him. She was awake now.

She smiled at me. "Thank you, YI FAN." Her voice was so weak. So quiet, I could barely hear her.

That made me start crying. I hated seeing her like this. 

"Hey...why are you crying? I'm fine now, aren't I? Don't cry..."

I took her hand. "I love you so much...." Then I lay my head down, right beside her.

That made her go quiet.

"...I...I...I love you too."

I loved hearing that.

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

I love WU YI FAN. I love him so much. What had I done? I was really confused. I loved YI FAN and YI XING...

I only realized this now. I loved YI XING as a brother. Not like I loved YI FAN. YI FAN had done so much for me. I never even noticed. He gave me everything, since childhood. Happiness, Love, Hope, Trust. All of those things, you can't buy with money. Not even a million dollars. You could never buy what WU YI FAN gave me. He gave me a secure feeling too. I wrapped my fingers around his.

I went to sleep holding his hand.