The Most Important Person In The World 2 - Chapter 2

Most Important Person In The World

After the performance, EXO and KATS got into the same limo. I sat on YI FAN's lap. LAY sat next to YI FAN.

I hadn't paid much attention to LAY these days. "LAY, how're you doing these days? I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you lately. The baby's really keeping me busy."

He blinked. "Oh. I was just used to you calling me YI XING. Um, I've been great."

Suddenly, the car lurched, making me fall on LAY.

 

* * * * * (LAY/YI XING'S POV)

 

She grabbed onto my lap to stop herself from falling onto me. Her face was so close to mine. I could smell her. The sweet scent that reminded me of when we were married, having her within my reach. I looked at her lips. They were red and shiny. They looked so kissable. Then I looked at her eyes, the beautiful shape of her eyes. The lashes and the sparkling of her eyes that made me want her even more. I had never gotten over her. I didn't want to, even though she was married to dui zhang/my best friend now.

She took her hand off my thigh and pulled away from me. "Oops."

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

What was that look that he just gave me? That sad, longing look. It gave me a glimpse of the YI XING I was with before. But I didn't love him like that anymore... He didn't move me that much anymore.

Instead, I focused on YI FAN. He smiled at me. Then I gave him a peck on the lips. And another one. And another one.

TAO suddenly spoke up. "Is there any food in here? I'm hungry watching dui zhang." He got a bag of chips, which he shared with CHANYEOL, BAEKHYUN, and KAI. The four of them looked like cookie monsters, who ate quickly but dropped crumbs everywhere. Especially CHANYEOL and BAEKHYUN, munching happily and quickly like there was no tomorrow.

YI FAN got some strawberries. He put one in my mouth.

 

* * * * * (LAY/YI XING's POV)

 

I looked at the strawberry that was in . I wanted it. I wanted the strawberry that was eating.

She looked at me. "LAY, do you want one?"

No, I want the one that's in your mouth right now.

"Sure," I replied.

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

We got back to SM really fast. We had to practice a lot. After practicing, YI FAN and I went home.

YI FAN's mother greeted us. "How was today?"

YI FAN smiled. "Great, Ma."

"You must have worked hard today, Ma ma," I replied.

"You're such a good girl. I'm fine. You two should go rest. You must be tired."

I shook my head. "YI FAN, do you want to go to sleep? I'll wake you up when dinner's ready."

"No," he pouted. "I want to stay here with you and cook."

I turned to YI FAN's mother. " Ma ma, you should go get some sleep. We'll wake you up for dinner, okay?"

She smiled. "YI FAN, you chose the right girl. She's like my own daughter."

I blushed. "Ma ma..."

"Alright, alright," she said, and went upstairs to rest.

YI FAN chopped the scallions while I cooked. When he was done and had nothing else to do, he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"KAREN..."

"Yes?"

"Do you want to make another baby?" He nibbled on my ear.

I was surprised. I stopped stirring the ingredients for the fried rice. "YI FAN, we can't even take care of baby KRIS right now. Don't you think we should wait?"

He nodded. "You're right. I just want to take care of someone right now."

"Hmph. You can take care of me."

He laughed. "Of course, of course." He kissed my cheek. "I love you, KAREN."

"I love you too, YI FAN."

"Forever?"

I looked at him. "Of course." I turned off the fire for the rice. Then I looked at my ring. "In the next life and the next and then so on. Always."

I kissed him. He backed me into the refrigerator and put his hands on my waist. He let the kiss linger for a while before I pulled away. "YI FAN, I have to cook."

I made chicken and broccoli and some soup. I fed YI FAN some.

We called mother downstairs. She brought baby KRIS downstairs and put him in the high chair. He gurgled, a then some saliva came out and dripped onto his bib.

I smiled. "Awww..."

Then he reached for YI FAN. "Dada."

All three of us sat still.

"Did he just?" I asked.

YI FAN smiled at me. Then he picked up baby KRIS, who squirmed around a little in his baby blue pajamas.

I laughed.

YI FAN kissed baby KRIS on the forehead and then retied the bib around his neck.

Baby KRIS picked up a tiny silver spoon and threw it on the floor. I picked it up and washed it. Then I put the spoon back on the table. Baby KRIS grabbed it and threw it on the floor again. Then he looked at me.

I laughed. Then I picked up the spoon and washed it. I put it away.

YI FAN's mother started talking. "You should have seen YI FAN when he was a baby. He threw everything. Spoons, forks, bowls."

I giggled.

YI FAN blushed. "Ma..."

I kissed him.

His mother shook her head. "I can't believe how much he's grown. He's a father now." Then she looked at all of the food I cooked. "Wow, this looks so delicious!"

"Thank you, Ma ma."

"I'm just so happy YI FAN chose you. He has good taste. And good eyes. He can see through people's personalities."

YI FAN spoke up. "Ma, let's just eat. The food is getting cold." He put baby KRIS back in his high chair.

Baby KRIS reached for me. "Momma."

I laughed. "Looks like someone wants attention."

As I put baby KRIS in my lap, I thought about how I wanted us to live like this forever. As one happy family.