The Most Important Person In the World 2 - Chapter 5

Most Important Person In The World

I spent a lot of time with YI XING. I felt like I was starting to like him more and more. When we weren't together, I was either performing or practicing with the KATS. I still couldn't quite understand why there was a "T" in our group name. After all, we were KAREN, ANNA, and SALLY. Shouldn't it be KAS? Or maybe because KATS sounded better.

I had an idea. I wasn't spending a lot of time with HALLEY lately, so I went to the manager. "Can HALLEY join our group?"

"Well....."

"Pleeease....if she does, we can be K-A-S-H!"

He was thinking about it, I could tell.

"I promise I'll teach her."

"Alright, we'll have to see what she thinks about this."

"Yay!" I skipped off to tell HALLEY.

"WHAT?! But I can't dance or sing!"

"I'll teach you! Don't you want to spend more time with your bestie?"

"I guess, but I don't want to embarrass myself."

"You won't. I'll help you!"

Finally, after a WHOLE LOT of convincing, she agreed. So it was settled. We were no longer KATS. We were KASH now.

 

* * * * *

 

After practicing with KASH, I went to EXO's room, but YI XING wasn't there. KRIS was there though. 

"KAREN, what are you doing here?"

"LAY. LALALALALALALALALALALALALAY."

He came over to me. "I want to help you remember."

I stopped playing around. "What?"

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

The next day, KAREN came over to me again. "I saw this and I thought of you," she said, extending her hand out shyly and cutely, revealing a stuffed dragon.

When I saw that, I could stop my feelings. To see what she was going through... She was like a child. 

"Why are you crying? You don't want it?" She tippy-toed and wiped some tears off my face. "Why are you crying?"

I hugged her. It felt so good having her in my arms again. She was so small, so fragile. To me, it didn't matter that she had forgotten me. She was still the KAREN I knew and loved in Vancouver and I still did. 

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

His hug was so warm. So familiar. Like...home. I snuggled closer into his chest and sniffed his shirt. It smelled like.....Vancouver? I shook my head. What was I thinking? How could anyone smell like a place? Plus, I was from New York, I'd never even been to Vancouver. I snuggled closer. Ah, so soft. I listened to his heartbeat. Wow, it was so fast.

"I want to take you somewhere. I know someone who would really love this dragon."

"No! This dragon is for you!"

He smiled. "Okay. But I still want to tke you somewhere."

I nodded.

 

* * * * * 

 

"This is your home?" It was so big.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps and someone came downstairs. I hid behind KRIS and held onto the back of his shirt. Then I peeked out from behind him. It was a lady.

"KAREN, this is my mother."

I stepped out from behind him. I felt foolish, so I bowed and said, "Hello, KRIS' mommy."

She patted my head. "Poor girl." I didn't understand what she meant by that.

"I'm going to bring her upstairs," KRIS said. He took my hand and brought me upstairs. 

The first thing I saw in his room was a crib. I got a weird feeling. Where had I seen one like that before? I walked over. There was a baby inside. I turned and looked at KRIS. "What's his name?"

"It's KRIS. I wanted you to give the dragon to him."

"Mommy." Why did that make me feel so happy, to hear the baby call me that? The baby reached for me. I looked at KRIS (WU YI FAN).

"You can pick him up." 

So I did. The baby was giggling now. I gave the dragon to it. Most babies would have cried if they saw that dragon. But baby KRIS, he cooed. I cooed back at him. What was this feeling? Why did I love this baby so much? I wanted to keep him. I wanted to take him with me, but he wasn't mine...

Suddenly, I saw a huge picture frame, hanging on the wall. How hadn't I noticed that before? It was huge, it almost covered the entire wall, it was like the wallpaper. It was KRIS and I. A wedding photo. A wedding photo? We were kissing, and it took place in a meadow. Probably a green screen. Maybe it was a model/photoshoot. I didn't remember doing a shoot with him though...and why did he have that picture? 

My head started hurting. 

"WU YI FAN...."

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

I walked over to her. "...W-What did you just say?"