The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 19

Most Important Person In The World

 

When I woke up, WU YI FAN was still there. He was sleeping. We were still holding hands. I smiled. I felt like a little kid, being taken care of by him. But I also thought of him as little. He looked like a kid at this point, sleeping so soundly, lips slightly parted. I touched his hair. It was so soft. I kept patting it, since it was messy as a nest.
 
He got up.
 
"Oops. Sorry, I didn't meant to wake you."
 
He rubbed his eyes. "Oh, it's okay." He looked at our hands, which were still together. My ring was on that hand. Suddenly, he sat up straight. "It's your medicine time."
 
I made a face when I saw the black liquid. "Ugh."
 
He brought the spoon to my lips.
 
"No, I don't want it. It looks ugly. It looks disgusting..." I turned away.
 
He came to the other side of the bed. "KAREN, you have to drink it. I need you to get better."
 
"Nooo..." I turned away again.
 
He came to this side of the bed. "Please? I don't want you sick."
 
I looked at him. "Fine." When he brought the spoon to my lips, I swallowed the liquid as fast as I could. It was bitter and sweet and had a really rooty taste. Then I drank a lot of water to wash the taste down my throat. "Yuck."
 
He smiled at me. I turned the other way. "Hmph."
 
He laughed. "You're still like a little kid. Ah, I remember the old times."
 
I remembered too. I still couldn't believe that I didn't notice YI FAN loved me.
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
When I was able to go back to SM, I pulled LAY aside. "YI XING....I don't know how to tell you this."
 
"What's wrong?"
 
I started crying then. Because I knew I would hurt him very much. "I think we should go our separate ways."
 
He drew back. "What?"
 
"I'm sorry. I love YI FAN, I always have. I never realized it until I thought about it. I loved him since childhood. I guess the only reason I didn't want to be with him at first was because it was hard for me to move away from him in Vancouver. And that I thought I completely got over him when I was in New York. But I have always loved him."
 
"Then what about me? If you have always loved him, what about me? Did you ever have feelings for me? Did you ever even love me?" He looked really hurt.
 
"LAY, I promise you, I did love you. I loved you for who you were, and not because you were famous. But YI FAN always had my heart. He waited for me to come back to him. I love him."
 
"Now what?" He looked to the side. I could see him shaking.
 
"LAY, I still love you. But just as a brother or a friend, okay? I can still hang out with you."
 
"Alright. Whatever. I can't make you stay with me. It would be so much unhappier this way, if it was only a one-sided love."
 
I took off the ring that was on my finger. Then I held it out to him. "YI XING, I'm so sorry."
 
He shook his head. "Keep it. If I take it back, it'll only remind me of you. There's nothing I can do with it anyway." His voice was shaky and lower.
 
I nodded. Then I closed my hand, ring in the center of my palm.
 
He was crying really hard now, but silently. It still hurt me to see him crying this much. I hugged him. "Please don't do anything stupid, like last time. You'll hurt me more."
 
When I pulled away from him, I gave him a kiss on the lips, a friendly one. "Bye, YI XING."
 
He walked away silently.
 
I watched him leave. Then, after he was gone, I sat down on the floor, curled my knees up to my chest and cried. I gripped the ring tightly. "I love you, YI XING. I'm sorry," I whispered.
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
I had to practice a lot with TORI, ANNA, and SALLY. They knew I was going through a lot, so they tried to comfort me.
 
After practice, I went to watch WU YI FAN practice. They were waiting to record, for their new song. It was YI XING's turn. I sat outside, next to YI FAN, watching him sing through the huge glass.
 
"Hey."
 
He smiled. "Hey."
 
"How is everything, between you and YI XING?" I asked.
 
"It's not so good. But it's better than usual..."
 
Then I nodded. "Well, that's good."
 
Just then, YI XING looked up, stared at me through the glass. He turned away and continued to sing. 
 
I sighed. "You think he'll ever forgive me?"
 
YI FAN nodded. "He's a good person."
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
About four weeks passed. When the album came out, I listened to it over and over again. YI XING's voice was really good. It was a sad song, which gave a lot of feeling.
 
When the song ended, I hit the replay button again.