The Most Important Person In the World 2 - Chapter 7

Most Important Person In The World

(WU YI FAN's POV)

 

Her eyes opened. 

I squeezed her hand. "I'll call YI XING for you." I got up and started for the door.

"WU YI FAN, don't go..."

I stopped, and turned around. 

A single tear slid down her petite face. "Don't go, I'm sorry."

"You...You called me WU YI FAN?"

"Don't go..." She started crying really hard.

I sat down by the bed again and took her hand. "I won't leave."

She squeezed my hand.

A couple minutes later, she calmed down to just sniffles.

"WU YI FAN, I'm so sorry that I forgot you. You mean so much to me. I hate myself for forgetting you. I'm so sorry..." 

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault." I smoothed out her hair.

She stopped sniffling. "Where's baby KRIS? I want to see baby KRIS. Where's my baby?"

"YI XING's taking care of him."

"YI XING? LAY....."

"Yeah. Besides, I want you to rest. I don't want baby KRIS to see you like this. I promise you'll get to see him right away when you get better, okay?" 

"Okay."

"Will you stay if I go to sleep?"

"As long as you want me to." I smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"I want you to stay by my side forever."

"I'll stay by your side forever. You're my beautiful angel."

I saw a tear slide down her face. She squeezed my hand. 

I laughed, and she laughed with me. 

 

* * * * * 

 

The next few days, I stayed in the hospital with her.

When she was well enough to sit up, she let me go out. Even so, I didn't want to leave her. It seemed like every time I left her, she would get hurt. 

I bought roses for her. I hadn't seen KRIS in weeks and I knew how she must have felt. I wanted to see my son. 

I took her outside on a wheelchair one day. She smiled and closed her eyes while I told some stories of our childhood. 

 

* * * * * 

 

When she was able to leave the hospital, she wanted to go home right away. The doctor told her that she had to have a lot of rest and be cautious and careful of everything she did.

She slept on my shoulder the car ride home. I watched her every breath, in and out. 

"We're home."

Her eyes opened and she sat up. "My baby."

She kissed me, and then got out of the car when the driver opened the door. I got out after her and put my arm around her for support. She gave me a small smile and pulled me closer.

 

* * * * * 

 

(MY/YOUR POV)

 

It was a weekend and we had time off. YI XING was generous for taking care of baby KRIS. I was furious at first because of what he did to YI FAN, but later, I realized that he was sorry, and in return, he took care of our baby.

When I opened the door, I saw YI XING bouncing KRIS up and down. I smiled. 

"YI XING, I can take him now."

He looked up. "You two are home." 

YI FAN smiled. "Yeah." 

YI XING handed baby KRIS to me. He had gotten a little heavier. I missed him. I kissed his forehead and he gurgled. 

"Momma." 

I felt so happy to hear him call me. I felt hot tears coming to my eyes. I was such a crybaby. 

I kissed him repeatedly.

 

* * * * * 

 

(YI XING/LAY's POV)

 

I watched her kiss the baby KRIS.

Dui zhang looked at me. "Thank you, YI XING." 

I nodded. "No problem." I started to leave.

"Wait!" 

I turned around. God...what was she calling me for? 

"You should stay for dinner." She smiled at me for the first time in months. I was so hard for me to see that. I wanted to say yes. Of course I'd stay. "Sorry. I can't."

"Why?"

"I...I have to go."

"Where?"

I didn't know what to say now. I would probably just go back to the company. 

"YI XING...Is this about..."

I was silent. 

YI FAN spoke up. "That was all in the past, YI XING. You should stay for dinner."

"I..."

"YI XING, it's okay. Really." KAREN looked serious. "Stay. Don't go."

I didn't argue after that. 

 

* * * * * 

 

(MY/YOUR POV)

 

We sat at the dinner table. YI FAN had made chicken, rice, beef, broccoli and shrimp, and soup.

"Your cooking improved a lot," YI XING said. 

"Thank you."

Suddenly, we all heard crying.

"I'll bring him downstairs, YI XING said. 

"Alright." I smiled.

He went upstairs and then came back down a few seconds later. 

He was about to hand baby KRIS over to me when we all heard, "Dada."

I froze. What?

"Dada." He grabbed YI XING's shirt and pulled on it.

No. This couldn't be happening.