The Most Important Person In the World 2 - Chapter 4

Most Important Person In The World

 

Who was this stranger? Why was he looking at me like that? I looked at YI XING. 

"YI XING, who is this?"

The person took my hand again. "What are you saying? It's me, YI FAN."

I took his hand off me. "I don't know who you are." YI FAN.....the name didn't register. I didn't know anyone named YI FAN.

"Do you know who we are?" CHANYEOL asked.

"Of course I know, don't be stupid. CHANYEOL, BAEKHYUN, KAI, SUHO, SEHUN, D.O., LUHAN, TAO, LAY, XIUMIN, CHEN. But I don't know who this is."

YI XING came over. "Dui zhang, let's just let her rest, okay?"

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

What was going on? She didn't know who I was. I felt myself shaking. "No, I don't believe this. She has to remember me." I took her hand. "Don't play around, KAREN. Please tell me you're only playing around."

"How do you know my name?" She looked at my hand, which was holding hers. 

LAY looked at me. "Dui zhang, I already told you, just let her rest, okay? Just leave her alone." 

I looked at them the rest of EXO. They all had sympathetic looks on their faces. I had no choice but to leave the room. 

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

"YI XING?" We were the only ones left in the room.

He turned and looked at me. 

"Who was that guy?"

"Oh, he's just this member of EXO. His name is KRIS."

"Oh."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well, when he touched my hand just now, I felt something. But I'm not sure what it was. You said his name was KRIS? He said it was YI FAN."

"Well, YI FAN is his real name, KRIS is his stage name. You just call him by KRIS if you don't know him."

"Okay." I leaned back. "I'm sorry. Um, can you let me rest for a while?"

"Sure." He paused, before leaning in to kiss me. "See you later."

I was blushing too much to say bye. "Okay." 

I didn't want to think so much now, my head was beginning to hurt. So I leaned back and dozed off.

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

The days that she was in the hospital, I wasn't able to see her. Well, I was able to see her, but she didn't want to see me. It hurt so much that she had forgotten me. She only wanted LAY. 

When I was at home, mother kept comforting me. "Don't worry, YI FAN. She'll remember you. I know she will. You two had something that no one else could have understood."

At the use of the word "had," and "understood," I flinched. 

Baby KRIS kept crying for "mommy." He was only one year old. Now he had no mom. What was I supposed to do? I tried to take care of him as best as a father could. I didn't want to lose him too. He was what was left of her. 

At night, when I put him to bed, I cried and told him everything. I knew he couldn't understand anything, but I knew he wanted me to stop crying, because he didn't want to sleep. He wiped my tears away. I felt so lost without her. Before I went to sleep, I moved KRIS' crib into our room. Well, my room, now that KAREN wasn't here. I couldn't sleep. The bed felt so empty without her there. Nothing was the same.

She came back to SM. I was surprised that I was the first person she came to. 

"I wanted to apologize for the other day," she said. "For being so rude."

"KAREN, do you know who I am?" I asked, ignoring her apology.

"Sure. LAY told me. KRIS, right? Or...Mr. Wu?"

She didn't really know who I was. I stood there, looking at her. She was still so beautiful. Why couldn't she remember me? 

She waved a hand in my face. "Hello? KRIS?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed her and I hugged her. Really tight. I didn't want to let her go. It felt so good to have her in my arms.

 

* * * * * (MY/YOUR POV)

 

I was standing on tippy-toes, surprised, looking over his shoulders. He was hugging me. Even though I didn't know him, it felt so familiar, this hug. I stood there, on my tippy-toes, frozen, not knowing what to do. It felt good, being hugged by him. 

He was shaking. It took me a while to find out he was crying. His crying made me feel sad, like I could feel everything he was feeling. Could it be? Did I really forget him? Was he someone important to me before? Even if he was important to me before, I didn't know him now. I started crying too. I couldn't stop myself, it was uncontrollable. I felt sadness. 

 

* * * * * (WU YI FAN's POV)

 

She was crying. Did she remember me? 

Suddenly, someone pulled us apart. 

LAY. 

"Let go of her, dui zhang. You're scaring her."

She looked at YI XING. "It's okay, YI XING. I'm not scared. I just thought...I don't know. I felt like I knew him for a second."

I saw hope in that response.

 

Only time will tell.