The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 2

Most Important Person In The World

We arrived in Seoul. The flight felt like forever. 

HALLEY was so excited. "Oh my gosh, when are we going to see them?"

I was so tired and had a minor headache. "I'm not sure, but WU YI FAN gave me this address to a hotel. I think he'll be waiting for us there."

"Why don't you just call him KRIS? It's kind of weird to hear his real name. Besides, I bet he's probably more used to people calling him that. Is D.O. going to be there?" she asked.

"Um, I think everyone in EXO is going to be there. I call him WU YI FAN because I'm used to it. I like the name KRIS, but I like WU YI FAN better." I stopped walking and asked someone for directions on how to get to the hotel. It turned out to be a really well-known hotel, and almost everyone knew it.

After I got the directions for the hotel, I thanked the stranger and we continued to walk.

"I can't believe you knew KRIS. And you two grew up with each other! It must feel weird, right? I mean, knowing someone for so long, and then he becomes famous? That's gotta be cool though."

I laughed. "I don't care about that stuff right now. I just can't wait to see my childhood friend." I paused. "It's been....six years...I really miss him." I started getting sad thinking about it. 

"Aw, cheer up! You'll be able to see him soon!" HALLEY responded, patting me on the back.

We got to the hotel at about 11:45am. The time was different, since we were in Seoul. YI FAN wasn't there yet. The manager said that the room was already paid for. It was one of the VIP rooms. One of the biggest rooms in the hotel. HALLEY started hyperventilating. "OH. MY. GAWD. THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! WE'LL BE ABLE TO SEE EXO SOON, OHMYGAWD, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M EVEN IN KOREA! AND I'M ABOUT TO MEET EXO!!!!!!!"

"HALLEY, calm down," I giggled. 

She started jumping on the bed. "Calm down?! Do you not realize how big this is for me? I get to see D.O. soon! Why aren't you celebrating? Don't you like LAY?"

I blushed. "Yeah, but the reason I even came here was to see my friend (that's the truth). I just want to watch and admire LAY from afar. I doubt he'd be interested in me anyway. It's like a one-in-a-million-chance." It was 12:05pm now, and I was tired. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay, I'm gonna watch some TV." 

I went into the shower, and washed my hair. I didn't want to smell like the plane when YI FAN arrived. I didn't want that to be his first impression of me when I got to Seoul.

When I came out of the shower, there was a knock on the door. I froze, still in my towel. HALLEY froze as well, looking at me, and then the door. She muted the TV, threw the remote on a sofa and started fixing her hair. I wanted to change into something nice before I opened the door, but at the same time, I couldn't leave them waiting outside for so long. I walked to the door.

"Um..." I thought about how WU YI FAN was on the other side of the door. I didn't have super powers like EXO, but I could feel his presence.

"What are you waiting for?" HALLEY asked. 

My hands were shaking, holding the doorknob. I opened the door slowly. Oh my god.

WU YI FAN....he changed so much. He smiled, then handed me a bouquet of roses. "Welcome to Seoul!" he said. He looked surprised to see me in a towel, but I ignored his reaction.

Tears started filling up in my eyes. "WU YI FAN!" I smiled, took the flowers, stood on my tippy-toes and hugged him. "Oh my god, I missed you so much," I whispered, still hugging him. It felt good to have him by my side, once again. 

Then I saw EXO, waiting behind him. "Oh! Please excuse my rudeness," I said. "I'm KAREN." I stepped to the side to let them in. HALLEY was silently jumping. "...And that's HALLEY."

They came in saying, "Annyeonghaseyo! We are EXO, we are one!" They bowed, and then started laughing. A guy slightly shorter than YI FAN laughed the loudest, clapping as he did. I shook all of their hands. HALLEY did too. They inroduced themselves.

We sat on the sofas. There were three. I sat on the end of one sofa, WU YI FAN next to me. "Sorry, let me go change. I just took a shower, I had no idea you guys would be here so early."

KAI smiled. "Oh, don't worry. You can stay in your towel, we don't mind," he joked. "When KRIS told us about you, we had no idea you were this...good looking."

WU YI FAN glared at him. Gave him a look that said, She's my best friend. Don't even try.

I patted YI FAN's arm. "Alright, I'll go change now. HALLEY, why don't you introduce yourself?" I went into my bag and dug for something appropriate to wear. I found a floral romper and went into the bathroom to change. 

While I was changing in the bathroom, I heard HALLEY talking. "Oh, I'm such a big fan of EXO! Can I get your autographs?!"

"Of course, of course," I heard D.O. reply. I imagined what her face looked like at that moment.

When I was done changing, I came out. I sat back down next to WU YI FAN. 

"So, how are you? I can't believe I'm reunited with my childhood friend." I grinned. 

"Great," YI FAN answered. "We've been busy, but yeah, great! What about you?"

I smiled. "I've been better," I responded honestly. "But nothing's been going on with my life. You're the ones who are famous, what are you guys doing these days?" The question was directed at all of them.

"Well," LUHAN replied, "We've been working on a song called HISTORY. It's awesome. I mean, you've probably seen the videos on YouTube, but it's much much better at the performances. You get to see the whole dance."

LAY spoke too. "It's cool, but we've been really busy."

I blushed. I was listening to LAY's voice in reality. YI FAN shifted in his seat. "You wanna come check out SM? After we get lunch, I mean. Because right now it's our lunch break."

HALLEY sat up straight. "Lunch with EXO? How could we turn that down?" 

CHEN giggled. "We can have baozi," he joked. He patted XIUMIN's shoulder. "Just kidding, hyung."

EXO laughed at that. Everything with them was always in sync.

BAEKHYUN and CHANYEOL perked up. "Oooooh....baozi...." They started drooling. Their faces looked something like this - :3

"Come on, let's go," WU YI FAN said. EXO got up first, and then HALLEY and I got up. 

I think D.O. knew he was HALLEY's favorite. Probably because she couldn't stop staring at him the whole time we were talking. When we got outside the hotel, he put his arms around her shoulders and asked, "How old are you?"

"Eighteen," she replied, blushing and looking at the floor.

I couldn't help but think about LAY. I peeked over at him. He was walking with XIUMIN. His hair fluttered in the wind. Wow, he was even better looking in person. Eeeek, his hair was so beautiful, and his dimples...

Suddenly, WU YI FAN scared me, making me jump. "Boo!" 

I shrieked, and then blushed because that caught so many people's attention. The fangirls were starting to crowd the streets. I slapped WU YI FAN's arm. "What'd you do that for?" I asked. "It's not funny." 

He rubbed his arm, pretending that it hurt. "Ow. Don't you remember? The old times?"

I remembered. When I was 12 and he was 15, we played this game where we would catch each other off guard, yelling "Boo!" 

I closed my eyes, walking with WU YI FAN next to me. I thought of other memories I had of us, just the two of us, in Vancouver...