The Most Important Person In The World Chapter 6

Most Important Person In The World

When we got back to SM, WU YI FAN and I got cleaned up. The manager was not happy at all. 

"Do you know how much fans we would lose or disappoint if they had seen you two?"

I was too exhausted to answer. And my head was pounding. Not that I had a good answer to his question anyway. YI FAN spoke up. I thought he was drunk. Apparently not as much as I was. He clearly was thinking straight, because he said, "Sorry. It was my fault. I took her out. She didn't do anything."

"She's drunk! That's her responsibility. It's not like you got her drunk. You're a leader, KRIS. Do you think that this is a good example to the rest of the group?"

"Hey....w-what are you...you talking about? He's a good leader. I-It was...my...my choice to...to drink. H-h-he's not...he's not drunk." It took me a lot of courage to say that because I didn't know what was going to happen to my modeling career at SM. I felt like I was going to throw up again. I swallowed. I couldn't even see the manager correctly. Everything was spinning. How did I get drunk in the first place? And why wasn't WU YI FAN drunk? Wasn't he drunk on the sidewalk before when we were walking all over the place and supporting each other up?

The manager cleared his throat. His voice had gotten louder. "Go upstairs, the both of you. She better be well enough to practice tomorrow. If not, she's out of here."

YI FAN helped me up from the seat. Wow, his clothes smelled really nice. I buried my nose in the sleeve of his shirt and kept sniffing and giggling. I felt so lazy, about to fall over any second. My legs were like jelly, or not even there. When we got out of the office, A blurry LAY was waiting. 

"I'll take her from here," I heard him say. 

YI FAN said no. "She's not feeling too well. If she's not better by tomorrow, the manager wants her out. I'll take care of her."

I wanted to say something, but no sound came out.

LAY laughed. "Dui zhang, you think I'm not good enough to take care of her?"

"I'm not saying you're not good enough. I just think that I know her better, so I want to take care of her."

LAY shrugged. "Alright. Whatever you say. But next time, I'll take care of my own girlfriend."

WU YI FAN brought me to EXO's room. 

"Noona!" I heard CHANYEOL's voice. It was really loud, making my head pound harder.

"Shhh..." I heard YI FAN say.

CHANYEOL replied. "Shhh???" He nodded. I always wondered why he called me noona. I was younger than him. 

YI FAN put me on LAY's bed. Seconds later, I heard the water run. YI FAN came out and picked me up, then brought me to the bathroom.

"I can do this myself," I said, more awake now. YI FAN nodded. I'll just wait for you here." He pointed to the floor, right next to the bathtub. I was still wearing my clothes but I didn't care. I got into the tub of hot water. 

LAY came in to check on us once in a while. Aw, how caring. 

WU YI FAN told me stories. Mostly of our childhood. It really made me relax.

"Remember when you used to come to my home everyday? You ate almost all of my cookies." He laughed. "My mom thought you were never going to be full."

I nodded, thinking back. Thinking of it made my head feel better. 

"And the first time you came to my house, my mom joked that I had a girlfriend at such a young age."

I laughed and then sighed.

"And when we went shopping with my mom, you always wanted to get ice cream."

He continued on with a list of things. I drifted off into deep sleep.

 

* * * * *

 

When I woke up in the morning, I was on LAY's bed. Apparently LAY stayed up all night until I fell asleep to dry me off and bring me back to his bed. 

My head didn't hurt anymore. It's amazing what childhood stories could do. WU YI FAN was still sleeping when I walked over to his bed. I touched his soft hair and face. Even though he changed a little, he still reminded me of the YI FAN I always knew. Those sleepovers, I used to watch him sleep sometimes. 

I whispered "Thank you." I didn't think he heard. I slipped out of the room quietly and went to HALLEY's and my room. She was already awake.

"You're awake, this early?" 

"Of course. I was worried sick about you. Where were you last night anyway?"

"I was with YI FAN. We hadn't had the chance to talk alone since I got here, so yesterday was a dinner that you know, really meant a lot."

"Oh." She nodded. "Anyway, SEHUN didn't even talk to me yesterday while you were gone," she whined. "Help out a friend?" she asked.

"Of course."

 

* * * * * 

 

A lot of time passed. About eight months. My relationship with LAY got even stronger, and SEHUN finally asked HALLEY out. 

Everything was going great. At least I thought so.