The Most Important Person In the World Chapter 15

Most Important Person In The World

 

YI FAN's manager came to visit us the next day. "The showcase in China was postponed because you couldn't make it. You need to be careful next time. If the car was approaching to her, why would you jump in the way? Instead of just one person get hit, two did." He sighed. "I just don't get you kids these days. If she gets hit, that's her fault. Why would you want to get hit too?"

YI FAN and I stayed silent. 

When his manager left, YI FAN requested a wheelchair. He said he wanted to go for some fresh air. I pushed the wheelchair. 

YI FAN closed his eyes. "Wow, I haven't been outside in a while." 

Suddenly, a group of fangirls came out of nowhere, screaming wildly, taking pictures. We were both in hospital pajamas, what was there to look at anyway? 

"Crap," I said. "They must be mad that I got you into this." 

Security guards had to get barricades to stop them from getting too close. I kept pushing the wheelchair. 

"I want a kiss."

I looked at him. "Are you crazy? All of the fangirls are going to kill me."

"I won't let them."

"Ummm...."

"I won't let them kill you."

I laughed. "You're injured. You won't be able to stop them."

"I will do anything for you, don't you believe that? I can do anything if it's for you. Why do you think I'm in a wheelchair right now?"

I blushed at that, and my heart rate sped up. "Okay..."

I was still standing behind him, but I leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. He held my face softly because his face was slightly turned. I was about to pull away, but he kept kissing me. 

The screaming fangirls were now silent. Oh my gosh, they are going to kill me, I thought while his lips were still on mine.

I stopped. "YI FAN, they're going to kill me."

"I love you," he said, making me stop thinking about the fangirls. I felt my face get hotter.

YI FAN smiled. "You're always cute. I love it when you blush."

I started pushing the wheelchair again. "Stop looking at me." 

"You're beautiful, don't you know that? Do you know what you do to me? Why do you think you have so many fanboys?"

I sighed. "Can we not talk about this? I don't want to think about that right now."

I started pushing the wheelchair again, and we stayed silent until we got back to the hospital entrance.

 

* * * * *

 

Four weeks later, we left the hospital. Only because the manager told us to do so. The doctor told us that we should rest more and not overwork ourselves. He also said that we needed to be careful of our injuries. We were supposed to stay in the hospital for two more weeks, but SM said that EXO had a 12-member showcase coming up and I haven't modeled in a while.

"It's your birthday next week," YI FAN noted on our way home. 

I smiled. "You remember." 

"Of course I do. I love you." We were sitting in the back seats of the car. I put my head on his broad shoulders/chest and fell asleep.

When we got to SM, WU YI FAN woke me up. I hadn't seen SM in so long. YI FAN walked a little slower, to take caution. I walked with him, my arms linked to his. 

LAY came out. I looked down at the floor when he looked at me holding YI FAN. I knew he was not happy. 

But he came over and took my hand. "I want to talk to you." He pulled me to walk faster, so I had to let go of WU YI FAN. I looked at YI FAN, but he waved me off, saying he was okay.

Once we got into EXO's room, LAY let go of my arm. He looked at the ring that was still on the finger. "Do you still love me, KAREN?"

"I....of course. But you two just make me so confused."

LAY got closer to me. "Well, I hope you can make a decision soon. Because I'm not sure I can deal with this any longer." Then he left, leaving me standing there, in the empty room, until YI FAN came in.

 

* * * * *

 

My birthday came fast. I entered the party room with LAY, since he was my husband. He kept leaning in to kiss me. 

"You look even more beautiful in that dress," he complimented. 

I giggled. "Thanks." My cast had been taken off, but my arm was still bandaged tightly. So that my bone would stay put and not move around too much while it was healing.

While I walked into the room with YI XING, the first person I felt staring at me was WU YI FAN. It was uncomfortable because I felt like I owed him so much after all these years and the injuries that he was going through because of me. When YI XING noticed me looking at him, he turned my head and kissed me. 

I saw a lot of gifts but the sad thing was I didn't feel that happy to see them. I kept thinking about YI XING and YI FAN. I could feel both of them staring at me. 

I tried to look happy because there were cameras filming my party, and I knew there were fans probably watching. 

EXO and other groups sang happy birthday to me. HALLEY sang the loudest, her voice standing out. The cake looked so delicious.

Suddenly, I was smacked in the face with the cake. I screamed and everyone laughed. 

It made me a little less worried and took my mind of YI FAN and YI XING. I found out after I wiped the cake off my face that CHANYEOL and BAEKHYUN were mostly responsible for planning to throw the cake in my face. TAO was not so happy, since he planned to eat some cake. But I patted his shoulder and told him I would buy him another one. 

There was still some cream that clung to my hair, but oh well, I could wash it off later. 

I opened some presents, for the camera, and then decided to open the rest later because there was just too much. The SM manager surprised me by saying that he would put me in a new girl group that had been practicing for a while now. They were going to debut soon. That made me so happy. I smiled and hugged the manager. He was never this nice to me before.

Suddenly, WU YI FAN climbed up on the table. My heart skipped a beat because everyone in the room looked surprised, so that meant that this wan't planned.

He picked up a microphone.

 

And sang a short but beautiful song about love. It made me tear up.

 

Everyone in the room turned to face LAY. The cameraman turned off the camera, because even he knew the air was tense. The music stopped. Suddenly, the room was dead silent.

I gave YI FAN a huge bear hug and thanked him for making it the most special birthday ever.

I suddenly remembered LAY. I turned around and let go of YI FAN. 

YI XING did something that horrified not only me but everyone else in the room. 

 

He grabbed the cake knife.

 

I was afraid that he would stab YI FAN, so I stepped in front YI FAN.

But he didn't stab YI FAN.

 

He stabbed himself.