As Days Go By

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
 
Friday, January 21st, 11:39 London Time
 
 
After doing nothing but sitting around for four whole days, Laina decided that she would finally go shopping. She wanted to pick up some souvenirs for herself, JongIn, and Chanyeol all while getting some fresh air and sun. Grabbing her wallet and walking out the door, she soon left the hotel and was on her way.
 
The first place she stopped at was a bread shop. Laina decided to snack until 12 and then call her boyfriend per usual.
 
As much as she would have liked to do that, however, an unexpected thing occurred.
 
Or, and unexpected person, rather.
 
“Laina, what are you doing here!?” The man said with perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm.
 
She looked at him questioningly, trying to figure out where she had seen his face before. His cheeks were chubby, and his eyes looked young, and yet his face and body as a whole looked mature. Unfortunately, she could simply not recognize him.
 
“I’m sorry…” She paused at the slightly awkward turn this had taken, “Do I know you?”
 
“Ahh, that’s right, I haven’t introduced myself. You know my brother. My name is JoonMyeon.” He oustretched his hand with a friendly smile.
 
After a few weary seconds, she took it. Afterall, he looked absolutely harmless. 
 
“So what can I get you Laina?” He asked with pep.
 
She looked around in the glass display. Everything looked tempting as she had skipped breakfast, waking up too late to really have anything before it would have been lunch. Pointing to a few items, he walked over and got them for her.
 
“For here or to go?” He asked.
 
“What’s the difference?” Usually at café’s they wouldn’t ask her that. If you wanted to eat, you would take your item and simply sit down. This wasn’t a fast food restaurant.
 
“You get a plate with ‘for here‘, and there’s free wifi.” 
 
She giggled lightly at his perhaps too enthused attitude, nodding ‘yes’.
 
He soon set her items on a plate and let her to one of the booths that had just been cleaned. She thanked him and started nibbling on one of her pastries while dialing the familiar number one on her phone.
 
“Yoboseyo?” A voice came from the other end.
 
“Mmmneon hnnow arphhh youmpgfh?” Laina asked as she chewed.
 
“…Bwoh?” He laughed. “You shouldn’t talk with a full mouth, Lay.” He smiled while he said this and it could definitely be heard over the phone.
 
She swallowed and cleared . “Mian~” She sung. “So how are you? What have you been doing?”
 
“Mmm, nothing really. The usual.”
 
“How’s Channie?” She asked curiously.
 
“He’s… himself. This morning he found a dollar on the floor and screamed like a schoolgirl. You should have seen his face. His eyebrows practically flew off of his face along with his smile. It was hilarious.” Kai cracked up on the other side, remembering the moment, causing Laina to do the same.
 
“What in the world? He is… out of this world, I swear.” She paused, taking another bite, “I miss you JongIn-ah. Almost enough to come home early.” She cracked up but soon stopped after not hearing anything on the any side. “Just kidding. I do miss you though.”
 
“Psh you better be kidding. What are you doing to do today? Its… noon, right?”
 
“Yeah. I was going to go shopping finally. I’m at a little Café-”
 
“-you really like café’s don’t you-”
 
“-and just snacking here before I walk around. There’s really nice weather today too…”
 
The conversation went on until Laina had finished all of her food and was quite simply running out of things to talk about. She bid him farewell and soon left the shop, on her way.
 
The first place she stopped at was full of clothing. She wanted to stock up on some new formal clothing so that she would look more professional. Looking through all of the carts and hangers was nearly impossible as it was crowded with tourists. However, that did not deter her and she found a few tops that were perfect. One was a button up, pastel pink with a black bow under the collar. Another was an ivory blouse that ruffled down to the hem of the shirt. She picked up a midthigh-length pencil skirt and bought them all, a smile on her face.
 
Now that she had got what she wanted, it was time to look for gifts. There were little stands along the sidewalk selling trinkets, so she walked slowly down the brick street to look at all of them. Even though it wasn’t Christmas, there were snow globes of all shapes and sizes. Ironically, none of them held the Eiffel tower. 
 
But then again, this was London, not Paris.
 
Not knowing quite sure what to get Chanyeol, she picked out a snow globe that had a helicopter view of the city. The background was dark blue, imitating night while yellow stars were splattered throughout. Laina passed by a ton of key chains with various stuffed or knitted animals. She picked out a knitted bunny for herself and a music note for Kai as he loved the rhythm of music when he danced. Walking along, she noticed a stand that was full of unique tank tops…
 
 
In Room 456
 
 
Kyungsoo stared out the window, sighing heavily. These past few days had not gone well for him. His usual normal demeanor was now long gone, along with sleep. The bags under his eyes were getting larger and darker while frown lines seemed to appear on his young face. He now looked like a 30 year old man, and yet, he was only 2o. Something was keeping him from sleeping. It wasn’t his brother, it wasn’t the weather, it was the withdrawal. He was now lacking the familiar warmth it gave him, the energy, the rush. 
 
With a surge of adrenaline he walked over to the table and picked up the notebook. He took a pen and placed the tip tentatively on the paper.
 
 
Going out,
Be back soon.
 
Come by you-know-where after dark.
I can’t wait any longer.
 
 
He placed the notebook on the edge of the bed, a place where his brother would be sure to see it when he came back from work. Kyungsoo ripped out one more piece of paper, stuffing that in his pocket along with a pen, as he would need it later.
 
He walked out of the room with uneven steps, truly needing some kind of relief. He walked forward with his head down, not particularly paying attention to where he was going. It wasn’t before long that he was tripping over something, or someone, rather. Falling to the ground with them, he landed on top of said person with a rather sickening oomph.
 
They both groaned on impact and took a few seconds to gather themselves before trying to figure out who the other was.
 
“Kyungsoo?” The voice under him sounded more than feminine, and he cocked his head up nearly immediately at the possibility of the hunt going so quickly. His heart lightly skipped a beat, however, when he saw the girl under him.
 
“Laina, I-I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” Kyungsoo quickly got off of her and pulled her up from under him. He bit his lip and quickly checked to see if she had scrapes or scratches. All he saw were now messy bags of miscellaneous items best guessed to be from the shopping centre downtown. Laina had the most bewildered look on her face, probably wondering why he looked so sick, but he ignored that. With an apologetic smile, he quickly bid her farewell and walked off.
 
Laina looked down after seeing something in the corner of her eye and noticed a slightly bent, folded paper laying on the floor. Curious, she bent down to pick it up and stuffed it in her pocket before going into her room. She almost instantly dropped down the bags and took in a big breath at the relief of not carrying the heavy weight anymore. Curiosity took the best of her and she quickly withdrew the paper. Unfolding it brought nothing but interest. There was no writing on the paper, it was simply just a plain piece of white paper. Shrugging her shoulders, she crumpled it and threw it in the trash. It must’ve just fallen off a cleaning cart or something, right?
 
 
DK3 Club 7:49 PM London Time
 
 
Kyungsoo nervously shook his foot under the stool he was sitting on. He sipped his vodka while turned to the mob of bodies, scanning the room for someone, anyone, he could feed off of.
 
“Wanna buy me a drink?”
 
The squeaky voice made Kyungsoo jump out of his skin, nearly spilling the drink he was holding. He looked to the voice maker wide-eyed before calming down while a familiar switch flipped.
 
“How about we skip the drink and just do…” He paused, his lips, “other things?”
 
She reached her hand over and took the drink out of his hand, finishing it off for him. Taking his hand and practically ripping him from the chair, they were both out of the club within a few seconds.
 
“Your place or mine?” She cooed at the man she didn’t even know, yet willingly would soon let into her house.
 
“Yours. What’s your name?”
 
“You can just call me Sulli. And yours?” Said boy shifted in his seat, not wanting to answer the question. 
 
“I’ll tell you,” He paused, checking her out and making it obvious, “when we’ve finished~” He let the words fall out of his mouth, sending a shiver up the girls spine.
 
A sly grin crossed her face as she pulled into her driveway. The two went inside the house, squinting as the bright light invaded their senses. Kyungsoo took a pen when she wasn’t looking and slid into another room to think of what to write. He hastily shoved his hand into his pocket, feeling around for the paper he so desperately needed. He groaned after feeling in the other pocket, unable to find it. This sent him on a search through the room and caused a breath of relief when he found a miscellaneous notebook.
 
He put the pen on the paper, and began.
 
 
Through beats and lights
You met my sight
With beautiful eyes
Its time to meet your demise
 
 
He didn’t care that it sounded corny. He folded the corners neatly and walked out to find her.
 
“Oh, there you are. I found this on the floor. Is it yours?” He asked her curiously, and shook his head mentally at the rather disgustingly racy outfit she had put on.
 
“Probably. Lemme see?” She took the paper and opened it curiously.
 
“Thmm bhhhhh ymmm smmm” She mumbled the words quietly to herself and looked up with a cocked eyebrow when she finished. He didn’t wait. Shooting forward, he launched a butcher knife he had so kindly picked up earlier into her gut, sending her doubling over.
 
To describe it lightly, the rest of the evening was filled with him satisfying his craving, as well as his brother who was if not just as, then more, hungry than he was.
 
 
Monday, January 24th, 9:59 PM Seoul Time
 
 
JongIn and Chanyeol lay on their stomachs waiting for the nightly news to come on. Kai was hoping that this would calm his brother down as Laina had called earlier, telling how she had gotten gifts for them. Being the overly enthused person he is, he had been jumping off the walls the second Laina mentioned ‘presents’.
 
“What could it be? What could it be? What do you think it is? Did she give a hint?-”
 
“-Breaking news as we enter the late hours, another victim of-”
 
“-When will she give them to us? What are-”
 
“-Chanyeol, shut up-”
 
“-drained, just as the others were-”
 
“-Now I should buy her something too-”
 
“-said to be in central London-”
 
“-please be quiet-”
 
“-What could it-”
 
“-Shut the up!!-”
 
“-possibly staying at a hotel. There was a blood trail leading to the back of London Community Hotel and police now have the area surrounded. They have yet to find the perpetrator or detect whether or not he is still in the area. Authorities-
 
“Park Chanyeol.” Kai spoke with authority as if he were a parent scolding his child.
 
“Neh?” he replied with a hint of worry, not wanting to be yelled at for his harmless excited outbursts.
 
“I need you to watch the room for the next few weeks.”
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 3:15 PM London Time
 
 
Laina slammed the door of her suite shut. “Why won’t they let me go anywhere?!” After being locked up in the hotel for two whole days, she was starting to get cabin fever. She came here to explore, not be trapped in one area like a labrat. 
 
“They won’t even tell me what’s going on!” The news reports would say things, but it wasn’t like she paid much attention to them. The stories didn’t apply to her and she had a slightly small attention span. The repetitive words annoyed her so she would just shut the tv off and listen to music. 
 
Pausing as she paced through the room, she got an idea that immediately brightened her mood.
 
“I know! I’ll go ask Kyungsoo what’s going on!” With newfound interest, she opened her door again and took two steps to the right before knocking. Laina waited about a minute and no one came to the door. Slightly disappointed, she knocked again and hummed while stretching her legs by standing on her tiptoes. 
 
After no response she simply shrugged her shoulders and started to walk away. A squeak, however, sounded and she looked to the sound. The door had opened an inch while an eye peeked through the crack to see who it was. Laina stood there, not quite sure what to say or how to react so she just smiled and waived. Within a few seconds she was invited in only to see a dripping wet Joonmyeon standing near the dresser.
 
What is it with these boys and being shirtless? She thought to herself as she looked around to try to distract herself. But she then realized that she hadn’t stated why she was there.
 
“Umm, is your brother here?” She asked hesitantly.
 
“He’s walking around the hotel somewhere. He wants to go out and shop and eat but the stupid cops won’t let him leave. He’s getting really ancy.” Joonmyeon took out a tank top and slid it over his torso when he finished talking.
 
“Ahh. Me too.” She unconsciously bit her lip, some part of her slightly guilty that she had accidentally seen another man without his shirt that wasn’t JongIn.
 
“Why are you looking for him?” he asked after a few seconds of silence.
 
“Ohh. I just wanted to ask him what was going on. I guess I could ask you?” Laina looked up to him hopefully.
 
“All I know is that they think some killer is living here.” He answered truthfully, but regretted it after seeing her immediately stiffen up.
 
“H-here?” A slight twinge of panic crossed her, taking her breath away.
 
“Yeah. I doubt its true though. I can help you find Kyungsoo if you want to know more.” He answered her, carefully avoiding the fact that she could just turn the tv on to find out. His smirk was almost impossible to hide as he thought of how highly praised he would be from his brother if he brought her to him. 
 
Little did she know that was exactly what his mission was.
 
She nodded her head happily and within 5 minutes they were out walking down the hallway.
 
“Let’s take the elevator.” Joonmyeon happily pressed the button to his destination. Laina was off looking around at the various wallpaper designs while his finger slowly slid over the button labeled ‘basement’. He slyly pressed it and quickly let go, making sure she didn’t notice. 
 
After a few seconds of going down, Laina noticed that they had already passed what she thought to be the lowest floor.
 
“Where are we going?” She curiously asked the boy, yet he only answered her with a “trustworthy” smile.
 
Dismissing it, she trusted his judgement and just waited until she heard the ding and expectantly waited for the doors to open. When they did, a hand came behind her and pushed her out of the elevator. She stumbled onto the asphalt, confused, and stared back at Joonmyeon, bewildered.
 
“I’m sorry I had to do this.” Said boy spoke nonchalantly, as if those were just robotic words he was programmed to say.
 
Just as she was about to retaliate, a sharp, icy sensation crossed her neck. The hair on the back of her neck stood as she felt the presence of another person behind her.
 
Warm breath tickled her shoulders as she watched the doors close and travel upwards. Her heart rate rose, unable to move as she felt the heartbeat of the person behind her vibrate against her skin.
 
“You know,” he paused, slowly pressing the object further into her neck, “You’re beautiful…
 
 
…but you’re really, ing, stupid.”