Desserts

Four. Five. Six.

just imagine that kai is chanyeol and lay is luhan :3

 

 

"Was that a threat?" Luhan challenged, and Chanyeol took one large step towards him until he towered over Lu.

 

"Yes."

 

"Tch." Luhan rolled his eyes and looked away before snapping back. "Like I'd be scared of a weak giraffe like you. First of all, you have no right to talk to me that way. I am your elder and regardless of your feelings toward me you'd better treat me with some respect. Second, just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean I can't be friends with her. What, just because I want to talk to her you think I'm trying to get into her pants?" Luhan cocked his head to the side and looked to the taller with a smirk, enjoying the sight of the fuming boy in front of him.

 

That set Chanyeol off. He lunged forward and grabbed the material of Luhan's shirt, "You little shi-"

 

"YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!!" A female voice caught the boy's attention. Both of their heads turned to the door to see none other than Laina standing there will furrowed eyebrows.

 

"Let go of him right now!!!" The angered girl walked in and set down the drinks she had picked up on the end table. She stomped over to Chanyeol and physically removed his fists from the other's shirt.

She smoothed out the part that had gotten wrinkled on his shirt. Chanyeol stared at her with disbelief. His heart was still racing from the adrenaline rush and he really couldn't believe that he was going to be pitted as the bad guy in all of this. 

"What is your problem Chanyeol? You've been rude to him this whole night! All he's trying to do is be a good friend to me." She crossed her arms and looked up to the elder for an explanation.

Chan sighed. He knew there was no winning this. He could feel Luhan's smirk -the one that Laina couldn't see as she was turned to the elder- burning through his skull and he wanted badly to smash his little bunny head in. Yet, all he could do was be the loveable big brother that he was before all of this drama happened; he would find some other way to deal with Luhan regardless of how long it took, would get Laina to see that he was just a distraction.

The boy bit back his lip and forced himself to apologize for something that wasn't his fault, just wanting to not be seen as the bad guy.

"I'm sorry Laina." He said quietly and looked away, over to the bed.

She looked hesitantly at Luhan and then back at Chanyeol before sighing heavily. "It's okay Chan... We're all stressed... and it can't be helped that we eventually release it. I'm sorry for yelling at you." The apology came out of no where and suprised both of the boys, especially when the girl wrapped her arms around the taller's waist.

He hesitated for a second before embracing her, and holding her in a tight and comforting hug. Without warning he looked up at Luhan and stuck his tongue out, going 'nnnmnmnm!!!' in the process. Laina was oblivious but Lu gasped, shocked at the childish outburst.

Without hesitation did he bring a finger up to his eye and pull down, also sticking his tongue out. 

'Oh, it's on.' Both of them thought.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

Luhan was the first one to wake up, sometime during the middle of the day. All three of them had fallen asleep around three AM and with exhausted minds they surely wouldn't wake up until hours later either. Luhan felt kind of awkward in the room; said boy barely knew Laina well and his relationship with Kai and Chanyeol was nonexistant. Now that he didn't have a job, he really had nothing else to do. He could go out and find another one, move back home and visit his friends, or simply sit on his and play videogames. But something bid him to stay here. What Laina had told him was startling and frightning. He couldn't shake the feeling that at the least expected moment that man would hunt her down again. He wanted to just... protect her. With every fiber of his being. And he had absolutely no idea why.

 

He barely knew her for christ sake! Why should he care?

 

But he did. 

 

He cared a lot.

 

Luhan looked over to the girl who rested her head uncomfortably against JongIn's bed. She was sleeping with a frown, and her bleached hair hung over her eyes. Lu sat there for a few seconds, contemplating. He soon decided that he would spend his time here. He had enough money saved up to last him a while and he couldn't get rid of this tug in his heart until he knew that the threat to the girl was gone for good.

Getting up, he softly stepped over to her. The way that her hair covered her eyes bothered him- he wanted to see them, even if they were shut in slumber. He brought his fingers to her forhead and lightly brushed her hair out of her face. Her beauty once again had stunned him and he found himself standing there, staring. Her skin looked so soft and although feeling a lot of stress, still looked perfect.

Before he knew it he had lowered his lips and gave a small, quick, and heart-fluttering kiss to her forhead.

Instantly did blush invade his cheeks and he stood straight up, immediately checking that both were still asleep.

They were.

He sighed in relief and patted his cheeks, mentally telling himself to calm down. He didn't know why he had done it, but he strangely regretted none of it.

Unable to stop his heart from racing, he decided to go out and get some fresh air. Maybe he would even go home to his apartment and change; he was still wearing the uniform from the work he had been fired from. Ten minutes later he was outside and smelling the fresh air of the day. Passing by a small cafe, he decided to take a detour and see if there was anything he wanted. And, maybe anything... Laina wanted. It wouldn't hurt to get her something right? A smile crossed his lips at the thought of seeing her smile, and the whole time he was ordering the smile never faded.

She looked like the type to love chocolate, so Luhan the both of them a Chocolate Chip frappacino. He also got three chocolate chip cookies, one for each of them although he had half a mind to give the third to Laina so that Chan would suffer in hunger. But, he figured that wasn't the nicest thing to do and maybe Chanyeol wouldn't even want it. Nevertheless, he quickly stopped by his home and changed before the drinks melted. Thirty minutes passed in all and he was finally on his way back to the hospital.

When he got there he saw both of them were awake. The atmosphere felt a bit tense but as soon as he walked in Laina's eyes lit up, eyeing her favorite drink immediately. Subconciously did she her lips, wanting some.

Lu placed one of the drinks and the bag of cookies on an endtable and looked up to the girl. Rubbing the back of his head, he laughed embarassedly and held the other drink out to her.

"I... umm... got you this... if you... wanted it..." His voice trailed off and he had barely finished his sentence before he practically felt it being ripped out of his hands.

"Thank you Luhan sunbae!!" The grin that crossed her lips sent Lu's heart fluttering and once again he found himself blushing. Lifting the bag up, he held it out to the girl.

"I got you a cookie too... I m-mean if you wanted it and all..." The deer-like boy stared at the ground until he felt the bag get lighter and looked up to see her devour half of the cookie on the spot. He smiled so wide it probably looked a little funny but at this point he coudl care less. Her happiness warmed his heart. 

Once he had got enough of her chocolate-chip filled smiles -which he truly could never get enough of- he turned to the taller and held the bag out.

"I noticed you hadn't eaten anything so I got one for you as well." Instantly was his serious stature back and his stare upon the younger held no emotion.

Chanyeol looked at the bag and then to the boy. His stomach rumbled on the spot, but thankfully it was quiet enough so that he was the only one able to hear it. He shook his head 'no'. The truth was, he really did want it. But not from him.

Luhan shrugged his shoulders, took his cookie out, and left the last one in the bag on the endtable. He watched happily as Laina quickly drank the frozen liquid, getting a brainfreeze soon after. He couldn't help but let out a light laugh at how cute she was being. It was as if all sorrows from yesterday were gone, and her mood had lifted tenfold.

A few hours passed and Luhan had decided to leave once again to go get the day's newspaper and see if anything about the other day's events were in there. It was surprising that they even still printed papers, considering the internet revolution, but he eventually found the one he needed and walked back.

Luhan moved his chair next to Laina's, a comfortable distance away, and noticed how she secretly peeked over at the paper while he was reading it. It made him smile again, as the sight was quite cute. He then moved the paper a little to the left so that he was holding it, but she could see everything on the page.

Minutes passed and both contently looked at the headlines, not particularly finding anything of interest. Luhan slowly looked over to her. He watched quietly as she had no idea he was admiring her, and kept her eyes on the paper.

Lu lifted the paper up, the long pieces of paper big enough to hide both of their faces from Chanyeol, and inched his way closer to Laina.

Without a seconds hesitation did he move forward and peck her on the cheek, watching with a smile as blush dusted her cheeks. Chan had absolutely no idea what had just happened and stared at the cookie on the table. 

Since the newspaper covered both of them, he figured it was a good time to take it.

Without further adu Chanyeol reached forward and scarfed down the cookie before anyone could notice.