Nope

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
 
“How may I help you?” the receptionist looked to Laina with a genuine smile.
 
“Umm, you gave me a room that’s already occupied…” She looked away, not wanting to make it seem like she was accusing the woman of doing her job wrong.
 
The woman didn’t reply for a few seconds. “…Are you sure?” She asked curiously.
 
“Yeah. I used the key to get inside and saw a man there and he said that it was his room.” She carefully left out the part about him being half .
 
And good looking.
 
“Hmm… That’s weird. Two keys don’t usually work unless we didn’t change the code on them. Can I see your room confirmation?” She asked politely.
 
Laina dug through her belongings and found exactly that. She watched the woman’s furrowed eyebrows as she questioned how this could happen. Her paper really did say room 456, but somehow it was already occupied. She looked through their stock of open rooms and found one next door.
 
“There are many other rooms open here, but as you found out, that one is not one of them. I think our computers made a mistake in the number. For your trouble, you can pick any room you want and we’ll give you free room service limited to three meals a day during your stay. How does that sound?” The woman chirped, truly doing her duty to try and please the customer as best as possible. She was really living up to that at this moment.
 
“Really?!” Laina practically yelped; room and board had cost enough that she thought she would have to go to the 99 cent store for meals but now she could get them for free?! 
 
“Yes. Now which room would you like?” she looked to her computer and started typing.
 
“I’ll just take the one closest to it since I already know how to get there now.” She replied nicely. She was incredibly relieved. She just hoped that she wouldn’t have to run into that man again after seeing him like that. It was more than incredibly awkward.
 
“Alright. Here you go, the key to your new room, 457. If there is any thing else that will help you better enjoy your stay here, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.” The woman was being truly genuine, compared to how others might take the situation and become sarcastic.
 
“Thank you!” Laina started walking all the way back to the elevator and retraced her steps to the room. This time, she actually knocked on the door before trying the key and laughed to herself as there was no reply. When she got in, she instantly noticed how big it was. It had two queen sized beds, two bathrooms, and a kitchen, let alone a game center. She had really hit it lucky. She took her time unpacking her things, in no rush as she had three whole weeks to do what she wanted to do. When she finished, she took a look at the clock: 8:54 AM. It felt more like PM, so she closed the blinds and curtains and put her headphones in while she lay on the bed closest to the window. Without realizing it, she soon slipped off to sleep.
She woke up later that day, not knowing what time it was. With sleepy eyes she opened her phone and realized that she had slept past 12- the time she was supposed to call Kai. Her heart instantly sank as she imagined how mad Kai would be, and how it would like to start off her first day of vacation with having a fight with her boyfriend. She looked at the time and saw that it was 3:02 PM, which makes it 11:02 PM in Seoul. She dialed the ‘1’ button and instantly prepared herself to hear the worst.
 
“Yoboseyo?” the other line sounded.
 
Laina spoke in her soft voice, still sleepy. “Kai, I’m so sorry. I fell asleep and I woke up and it was already 3 and I swear I didn’t mean to not call you I just laid down and didn’t even think I would fall asleep and I feel so bad I’m so-” she spilled out her apologies before getting cut off.
 
“Yah. You’re lucky I’m a teenager and have energy to stay up all night long.” she could practically feel his pout through the phone. “I’ll let you off this one time because you had jet lag, but only this once, arraso? Besides, I like your sleepy voice. So calm down pabo.” He laughed at the end, a great relief for Laina as she hadn’t sparked Kai’s temper.
 
“So what are you doing?” She asked, now displaying a proud smile on her face.
 
“Mmm… nothing really. The same thing Chan and I do when you’re at work really.” he let out a sigh of boredom at the end. “What have you done today?”
 
“Same as you. Nothing. But something kind of weird happened today…” Laina trailed off and changed her position on the bed, now staring at the ceiling with her back against the sheets.
 
“Weird? What do you mean?” 
 
“Well… When I signed up for the room, it was free, but when I went and got the key and went to the room, someone was already living in it. So I had to go down to the lobby and request a different room and the lady was really nice and gave me free room service for my whole stay. I ended up just picking the room next to him and-”
 
Him?” Kai stopped her short. “Who?”
 
“The persons room that was the same as mine. It was a guy.” She replied truthfully, not thinking that Kai might’ve been bothered by the fact that she met someone.
 
“And how do you know that?” Kai replied with hidden harshness that Laina didn’t pick up in her foggy state.
 
“When I put the key in the door, I opened it and saw a man standing in the middle of the room. I asked him if it was his room and he said yes, so I apologized and ran back to the lobby.” She was starting to get irritated about Kai’s need for ever detail, but not wanting to bicker, she pushed that feeling aside.
 
“Ahh… Keep me updated on him, arraso? Something is fishy.” Kai replied rather seriously.
 
Laina laughed. “Jagiyaaaaaa, nothing is fishy. It was a simple computer mistake, okay?” She smiled at the end and hoped Kai could tell.
 
“Lay, just… just be careful okay? I care about you… a lot…” He seemed to be speaking from the bottom of his heart, making Laina practically melt. She loved it when he said things like this, when he vocalized his feelings.
 
He spoke up again. “You… have a tendency to be a bit oblivious, so I just want you to keep your eyes open…” 
 
She could feel that he instantly felt guilty about saying this about her, but she understood. He was just looking out for her after all, and they had certainly had enough arguments about things like this.
 
“Alright, Kai, alright. I’ll report to you everyday. About when I wake up, go to bed, who I meet, what I buy, what I eat, what clothes I wear, when I brush my teeth, when I don’t want to brush my teeth, when I cook, when I trip, when I shop, when I fall, when I break something, when I squ-”
 
“-Lay-”
 
“-ish a bug, when I wash my face, when I curl my hair, when I go outside, when I drink coff-”
 
“-Laina-”
 
“-ee, when I go to a café, when I watch the television, what I watch on the televi-”
 
“-LAINA DEMITRIE!!!” Kai half laughed and half screamed through the phone, effectively stopping her from digressing further. “I get it, I get it.” He couldn’t help but laugh at her mockery. It was amusing to see all of the things she could come up with.
 
“That’s what I thought.” She stuck her tongue out and enjoyed her victory.
 
“Yah! Don’t stick your tongue out at me!” Kai could tell she was doing something though the phone.
 
“What!? How did you know?!?” She immediately stopped and looked out the window, wondering if he was outside and looking in.
 
“Don’t worry. I didn’t follow you. I’m just psychic is all.” Kai said with a smirk in his wannabe all-knowing tone.
 
“Psh. You wish. I’m going back to sleep pabo.” She replied with a smile.
 
“Yah, I should be the one going to sleep. Its midnight.” He said with a pout.
 
“Yeah, well,” She stopped, trying to think of a good comeback, “good thing you’re a teenager and have energy to stay up all night.” She tried to keep herself from grinning like mad as she knew she had got him there, with his own words.
 
“Shut up and go to bed cutie.”
 
“What?! Now that you told me to, I don’t want to.”
 
“Go to sleep jagiya. Your body needs rest.”
 
“Nope.”
 
“What? Yes.”
 
“Make me.”
 
“How?”
 
“Exactly!” 
 
“Omagod. Babe. Just sleep.”
 
“You sleep.”
 
“I will once you do.”
 
“Then it looks like you’re never sleeping again.”
 
“Pffffttttt. Hang up and rest, arraso?”
 
“No.”
 
“Do as your told, Lay.”
 
“Or what?”
 
“You don’t want to find out~” With that, Kai hung up the phone victoriously as Laina stared at it in awe. She had just lost.
 
She would get him back.
 
Oh, she would get him back.
 
 
 
 
She placed the phone on the nightstand between both beds and soon fell asleep again. She opened her eyes later, feeling completely rested and checked the time- 1:43 AM. 
 
She was really going to have to force herself to sleep at London time, because she certainly could not keep on waking up at midnight. She got up, stretched, and went to change. She wanted to shower, but she was paranoid that others would be woken up from the sound of running water traveling through the paper thin walls.
 
She changed into a pair of tank top and short shorts. She later decided to walk down the halls to try and find a vending machine since she was thirsty and hungry. She didn’t mind showing this much skin as she knew no one else would be up at this time, so walking down the halls like this didn’t bother her as she grabbed her wallet and walked out. Trying to remember the last place she saw one, she took a few wrong turns before finding one at the very, very end of the floor. 
 
Laina peered at the snacks as all of them looked good when she was hungry, and decided to get a snickers bar, a bag of nacho Doritos, and a can of mountain dew. Frankly, she was quite surprised that they had all of these treats here in London. As she pressed the buttons and put in her change, she was so immersed in getting her treats that she didn’t notice a figure walk up behind her.
 
“You again?” He questioned in a soft tone.
 
Nonetheless, it scared the absolute living out of her.
 
“AH!!!” She screamed aloud and instantly covered as she watched the man step beside her and pick up the treat she dropped. He outstretched his hand that held it, motioning for her to take it back, but she stared at him, not really knowing how to react. In the incredibly dim lighting she could only see that he was in a tank top and boxers. From what she could tell, this was the same man that she had run into yesterday.
 
The man noticed she wasn’t moving and dropped his hand. “I guess I should have dressed more appropriately; I didn’t think I was going to run into anyone else this late at night.” He let out a light laugh, referring to the fact that he was in the open in his boxers. 
 
At least he was wearing a shirt this time.
 
Laina struggled to find her voice, but didn’t find harm in speaking to him. “I-I’m sorry, you just scared the living out of me. I didn’t think I was going to run into anyone.” She took a deep breath and relaxed herself, earning a laugh from the still unnamed man.
 
“Here.” He once again handed over the snickers bar and this time, she took it. She murmured a thanks and picked up her other things.
 
“You know if you’re going to stay here for a while we should really introduce ourselves.” He said rather nonchalantly as he picked out a granola bar for himself. Laina smiled rather awkwardly, not really liking that idea, but tried to act polite. She didn’t reply.
 
“L, right?” He asked, now punching in another number.
 
“What?” She had no idea what he was talking about.
 
“Your name starts with an L, right?” He asked this time looking at her while waiting for the item to come up and drop down.
 
“Yeah…” She really wasn’t sure how to react.
 
“So are you gonna tell me your name or make me guess?” He put on a genuine smile and watched her fidget. 
 
He noticed her hair unkempt, likely the result of just waking up, her tank top clinging for dear life against her chest, her shorts stopping less than an inch after her cute little , and her thighs perfectly smooth as they became her legs.
 
 
 
 
He didn’t know anything about her.
 
 
But he was sure of one thing:
 
 
She was a masterpiece.
 
 
 
 
She didn’t respond, so he outstretched his hand in front of her. “Fine then, L, it’s nice to meet you. My name is K-”
 
“-there you are!” a voice called from afar as the figure slowly got closer. He spoke as he got near the other boy. “Something is wrong with the tv…” The boy complained.
 
The other rolled his eyes and dropped his hand, obviously irritated that his chance to introduce himself was spoiled.
 
“Oh, who’s this?” The boy looked at Laina curiously. 
 
She started to get really nervous having both of them look her over. An uneasy feeling settled inside of her as she began to think she should run away. She was about to take a step when the familiar one spoke.
 
“Would you stop staring? You’re scaring her.” He slapped the back of the other’s head and earned a yelp from him. 
 
“As I was saying, my name is K-”
 
*RIIIIIIINGGGG*
 
He groaned as his own sentence was stopped short for the second time. He took out his phone and answered harshly. He didn’t speak as he listened to the other line, eyes on the floor until about 30 seconds later when he needed to leave, not wanting to have this conversation in front of anyone but the other boy.
 
He looked up to Laina and started slowly walking backwards, “Catch you later, L” he said with a wink and a smirk as he turned himself and the other boy around and started walking the opposite direction.
 
She heard the new boy say something and saw the other’s hand go up and smack his head again, making her laugh.
 
 
She grabbed her stuff and walked back to her room, truly trying to comprehend what had just happened.