-Interlude-

Four. Five. Six.

 

INTERLUDE-
 
 
 
 
The first time was an accident. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The second an experiment.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Third a full-fledged addiction.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His addiction began his last year of high school. This boy, 17 then, was driving. No where in particular, and simply wanted to get away from it all. It was raining, and dark, as night was falling. The drops made the asphalt slick as ice, not that he noticed nor cared. He was one of only a few cars on the road, but it soon funneled out and he became the only one visibly heading to his destination. 
 
He heaved a sigh as he was quite bored, but ended up accidentally fogging up the windows. He put his truck in cruise control and grabbed a cloth before leaning forward and wiping the inside of the windows. by it became clearer and easier to see. He breathed with his mouth closed as to avoid creating the same problem, and looked to the side as he threw the used garment in the passenger seat. 
 
As he looked up, he saw something strange in the road. He, thinking he was seeing things, completely ignored it. Speeding up to pass the time, he noticed that it was a figure in the road. He was indeed not seeing things. He squinted his eyes and leaned forward to try and see who or what it may be, all the while applying more pressure to the gas pedal without realizing it.
 
 
 
As his speeding rose, his breathing halted as he saw a pair of eyes staring back at him.
 
 
 
This figure, that of a woman, skin porcelain set as it reflected the headlights not too far in front of her.
 
 
 
Her long black hair fell over her shoulders while she stared wide eyed into what she thought was the light to heaven.
 
 
 
He watched her body convulse before wrapping itself around the grill of his truck, rolling up and flying off behind him. He had pressed on his brakes so hard that they locked up, but nothing in the world could have stopped him from running her over. His reflexes weren’t fast enough to switch lanes, and he was mesmerized by her beauty.
 
When the truck finally came to a stop he jumped out, instantly worried that he had killed her. He ran as fast as he could to find her, and came to a screeching halt as he came up to a twitching frame. He instantly bent down, heart racing, as he knew he had just done the unforgivable.
 
 
 
 
He hovered over her, trying to undo his deed, and pressed her chest with rhythm as he wanted her to live. He connected their lips, trying to fill her pierced lungs with the one thing she needed to survive, but could not use. 
 
 
His attempts were futile. 
 
 
He lifted his fingertips only to find a crimson fluid transfer onto them. Watching her eyes, he saw the slow and steady flow of fog roll into them. He blinked and she was gone.
 
 
 
 
Her body, now a lifeless cadaver.
 
 
Beautiful, yet tainted.
 
 
Leaking a familiar substance.
 
 
 
 
The teen pressed his lips together in frustration and soon tasted something… strange.
 
 
Something different.
 
 
 
Something good.
 
 
Thinking back, he knew it had come from her lips. He his own, wanting to taste the odd flavour again. He looked down at hers and noticed what leaked from as it was quite familiar.
 
 
 
It was blood.
 
 
 
It dripped out of the side and onto the ground beneath her, pooling in a somewhat enticing way. He watched each drop as it slid down before falling to its death.
 
 
They were interesting.
 
 
 
Alluring.
 
 
 
Tempting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He wanted it.
 
 
 
To taste it again.
 
 
 
He wanted to drink it.
 
 
 
To coat his insides with it.
 
 
 
He wanted to feast on it.
 
 
 
To remember this feeling for the rest of his life.
 
 
 
He bent down and connected their lips once again, this time seeking out every drop of it he could. He lifted his stained lips up only after he was sure he had found it all, and walked away as if nothing had ever happened, smirking as the new found desire of bloodlust boiled through his veins.