Is It Really You?

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 4:01 PM London Time
 
 
“Laina Demetrie, hmmm?” Kyungsoo’s voice echoed off of the walls. This was a room unknown to most, abandoned by the hotel after someone was killed here. Oh, the irony. After a bit of exploration, the two boys found this and made it their home away from home. They certainly couldn’t have their fill in their room. Dim lighting filled the room and it wasn’t very spacious, being perhaps as big as an average fast food restaurant. There was a table and a closet that used to be for extra storage. It was now filled with an extra set of clothes for both the boys, a toothbrush and toothpaste, bleach, and cologne. Everything they would need to freshen themselves up before going back to their rooms.
 
Laina’s panic took over. She had been in a similar situation before and wasn’t going to let some freak threaten her life so simply. Without flinching she brought her hand up to grab onto his wrist.
 
“Oh no you don’t.” He gripped her wrist that she had so conveniently brought up and twisted it backwards, causing her to let out a pained scream. She finally turned around to see who the attacker was.
 
“K-kyungsoo…” She whispered to herself. He just answered her with a smug smirk before lunging forward. Laina instantly retaliated and clocked him in the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards and grasp the now bruised flesh. She stared at him as he got back on his feet, questioning how someone that seemed so nice could turn out to be like this.
 
“So you’re the killer?” Laina mindlessly asks him as he inches forward with every inch she steps back. She was suddenly in an interrogative mood, clenching her fists to prepare to punch him again. 
 
“Why do you do it?”
 
He didn’t answer, and stopped walking towards her. Only a foot in front of her, he shoved his hand in his pocket and fiddled with the cap of a certain object.
 
“What could you possibly get out of killing innocent women?” She rose her voice and crossed her arms as he didn’t seem to pose a threat as big as before.
 
Kyungsoo looked off to the side and contemplated her question. Was he going to answer her? No. How could he answer that someone else when he can’t even answer it to himself? His fingertips traced over the now opened object still in his pocket. He could see Laina’s confidence falter as her eyes darted to the movement in his pocket.
 
“W-what are you d-doing?” She looked around quickly for something, anything, that she could use to defend herself. A shiny object caught her eye as she saw what must have been the knife from before laying in the corner 5 feet away from her. If she jumped to it, she could possibly ward him off and be let go.
 
“You so much as glance at that knife and you’ll get to meet the little friend I have in my hand. Do you want that?” He slowly withdrew the item and made sure she saw it. His other hand grazed the smooth, cylindrical surface, slowly going over the back of it. Kyungsoo held it up to the light as he pressed the back the slightest bit, causing a green liquid to shoot out of the tip.
 
Laina gulped, unsure of what to do. The only sound that filled the room was that of her pounding heart.
 
Should she risk her life to save it?
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 4:43 PM London Time
 
 
Kai stood outside of the hotel, thumbs hooked on the straps of the backpack he brought. He wasn’t stupid; he knew that they wouldn’t let him in, so he had a little plan of his own. JongIn carefully walked around the hotel to the back area with rickety looking benches and sat on one. He carefully watched the hotel staff who walked out the back door to throw bags of trash away in the dump. Quickly getting up from his seat, he walked behind the man without him noticing and grasped his collar/shoulder muscle with incredible force. The man instantly went limp and fell to the ground, leaving JongIn to do as he wished.
 
He quickly stripped the bell boy of his outfit and put it on himself, enabling him to get inside with this disguise. JongIn quietly apologized to the man, hoping he hadn’t injured him and walked inside. A few weeks ago he had copied down the address of this hotel and the room number that she would be staying in. He fumbled through the pockets of the suit jacket and found a universal key.
 
It was exactly what he needed.
 
The elevators were apparently down as he walked by them, causing him to have to take the stairs. It took him about ten minutes to get to the 400’s. JongIn passed by the numerous rooms and remembered that her new room was 457.
 
With a few more steps he soon stood in front of said room and dug in his pocket for the key. Just as he was about to put the keycard in the slot, a door opened from beside him. Kai stared at the person while a smile crossed his face. He shoved the key back in his pocket and held out his hand for a handshake.
 
The person looked at his hand in confusion and then looked at the owner, recognizing the face immediately.
 
He took the hand and pulled him in for a hug. “Kai?! Man, I haven’t seen you for years now! How have you been? And… why are you dressed like that?”
 
“It’s been a long time JoonMyeon. The last time I saw you was at that competition two years back. You finally look older! It‘s good to see my best friend again.” Kai laughed lightheartedly remembering how kiddish he used to look. “Oh, and I’m here to look for my girlfriend.”
 
“Oh, really?” JoonMyeon asked curiously. “What’s her name?”
 
Kai answered with a prideful smile. “Laina Demetrie.”
 
JoonMyeon’s smile dropped to the floor along with his stomach. He was no longer able to carry his own weight, knees going limp as the rest of his body followed.