Tangled

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
-Recap-
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 4:01 PM London Time
 
 
“You so much as glance at that knife and you’ll get to meet the little friend I have in my hand. Do you want that?” He slowly withdrew the item and made sure she saw it. His other hand grazed the smooth, cylindrical surface, slowly going over the back of it. Kyungsoo held it up to the light as he pressed the back the slightest bit, causing a green liquid to shoot out of the tip.
 
Laina gulped, unsure of what to do. The only sound that filled the room was that of her pounding heart.
 
Should she risk her life to save it?
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 4:43 PM London Time
 
 
“Oh, and I’m here to look for my girlfriend.”
 
“Oh, really?” JoonMyeon asked curiously. “What’s her name?”
 
Kai answered with a prideful smile. “Laina Demetrie.”
 
JoonMyeon’s smile dropped to the floor along with his stomach. He was no longer able to carry his own weight, knees going limp as the rest of his body followed.
 
 
“Didn’t I tell you to keep your eyes off that knife?” An irritated growl followed as Kyungsoo advanced forward, significantly cornering the girl.
 
 
He held the syringe up to her once more, preparing to strike. A sly smile crossed his face as his arm retracted back.
 
 
Laina’s heartbeat halted. 
 
 
She glanced one last time at the creature before her and ducked as fast as she possibly could. He lunged forward as she dropped to the concrete below her. Looking up at the stunned boy, she let out a sigh of relief when she saw the needle had missed her completely.
 
 
It wasn’t exactly a sigh, however.
 
 
It was an unknown scream.
 
 
Kyungsoo’s face contorted into that of a crazed sadist as he dropped the untainted needle and pulled out something from her side with his other hand.
 
 
An identical needle exited the flesh near her ribs as she stared wide eyed and paralyzed. Lips quivered, chords screamed, yet no motion nor sound could escape her muted cadaver.
 
 
“I knew you would pull that trick on me. The first syringe was a decoy, Laina. When you dropped down I stabbed you with the real one.” He bent his knees so that he was eye-level with her frozen frame. Flashing that five-star smile, he inched closer to her slowing heartbeat.
 
 
 
 
“…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Gotcha.”
 
 
 
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 5:23 PM London Time
 
 
JongIn waited impatiently by JoonMyeon’s bedside. Figuring it was just from dehydration, he thought it best to leave him in his room so as to not create a scene. A cool cloth was placed upon the older’s brow, trying to calm a fever that was beginning to erupt.
 
 
For the next half hour, JongIn lay still and waited for the other to awake. Miscellaneous memories popped into his head. He and JoonMyeon had met in a sort of secret organization that not many others knew of. It was a dance company, but it was private and only open to those with serious talent. They each had to adopt a surname as a precaution, the company not wanting anyone’s true identity to be compromised. Needless to say, it was a complicated organization. They both started when they were teens, JongIn taking the name Kai and JoonMyeon taking the name Suho. Battling each other once in a while, they clicked instantly. Kai was a much more experienced dancer, no offense, but they both got along incredibly well. Once it was time for both of them to leave, they said their farewells and never thought they would see each other again.
 
 
Apparently that wasn’t the case.
 
 
 
*COUGH*
 
 
 
Kai jumped from his seat, as he was an incredibly jumpy person, and looked to the boy who was now frantically looking around the room. Suho grabbed the towel from his forehead and looked at it with confusion.
 
 
“Wha-” He began.
 
 
“-You fainted.” JongIn answered quickly and rushed over to put the towel back on his forehead.
 
 
“I suggest you don’t move around for a while. I’m pretty sure you’re getting a fever.” He watched the boy as his face filled with that of worry.
 
 
“W-w-what time is it? I n-need to do something.” He took off the towel once more and made an attempt to get off of the bed. The blood pounding through his veins apparently wasn’t enough as he got a rush of vertigo, effectively plummeting him to the floor again. His heart was racing. He and Kai were incredibly close. If he were to find out what was happening to his girlfriend right now, that would shatter anything they had. And in Suho’s perspective, he would rather have that friendship than something that would put him in prison for the rest of his life.
 
 
He could find other ways to take care of his cravings.
 
 
Right?
 
 
“Stop moving. You’re going to make yourself sick.” JongIn offered his words of wisdom, yet they hit nothing except the walls of the room. The boy on the floor pushed himself up and practically jumped to the door, running out of it and down the hall. 
 
 
 
If only he had known,
 
 
 
 
 
It was already too late.
 
 
 
Wednesday, January 26th, 5:46 PM London Time
 
 
“Why do your legs have to be so freaking long?!” Kyungsoo groaned in frustration while  trying to get Laina’s bottom half into the large suitcase. In the past 30 minutes he had effectively paralyzed her, found a giant suitcase, and planned to put her inside to transport her to their room inconspicuously. 
 
 
He didn’t account for her tall height, however. 
 
 
After another 10 minutes of trying he finally shoved her completely in the case.
 
 
And shoved, meaning he probably broke a few bones in the process.
 
 
Laina couldn’t move, but that didn’t stop her from panicking as the loud zipping sounded and an odd feeling ached through her limbs.
 
 
The boy smiled when he finally closed the suitcase and made his way to the elevator, hand tightly grasping the handle. Lightly pressing the ‘up’ button, he waited for the doors to open and made sure no one was inside when they did. Luckily for him this specific hotel’s elevators didn’t have camera’s, so he wouldn’t be seen doing anything suspicious. The doors closed and he made his way up to his floor.
 
 
He soon walked down the hallway as any other tourist would, being as casual as possible. Anyone that walked by simply looked uninterested as all he was was a tourist with a suitcase.
 
 
Not a serial killer with a body.
 
 
When he got to his room he shoved the key in and unlocked it. When Kyungsoo got inside, however, he stopped in his tracks and met the eyes of another person inside there.
 
 
“Who are you?” He asked the tall lanky boy dressed in a bell boy uniform. “Bell boys don’t usually stay inside of the rooms.” Soo smelled something fishy.
 
 
“I-” JongIn stuttered, not recognizing the man and silently cursing himself for not getting out of the room before hand. He thought this was JoonMyeon’s room. Only.
 
 
“Get out. I know your not from here.” Furrowing his brows, he stood the bulky case up on its side and proceeded to get closer to the boy.
 
 
“No, I’m not here to do anything, I swear! I know JoonMyeon! I swear!” Kai put his hands up in the air to try and reassure the man that he was telling the truth.
 
 
A quick scan of the room showed him that his brother was no longer there.
 
 
“We ran into each other and started talking, but he fainted so I brought him inside and waited for him to wake up.” He took the silence as a chance to explain himself further.
 
 
“If you brought him inside then where is he?” 
 
 
“As soon as he woke up he ran off, saying something about stopping someone. Before I got to ask him what he was talking about, he ran out the door and down the hall.” 
 
 
Kyungsoo pondered what the boy had just said. Was he talking about me? Why would JoonMyeon stop me from doing this? He was in on it too. He brought her to me.
 
 
Frustrated, Kyungsoo gave up. “Then, since your visit with him is over, please leave. You’re interrupting my work.”
 
 
JongIn was confused, yet decided to follow his word as it was incredibly rude to barge into someone’s room unannounced.
 
 
He got up and walked to the door, putting his fingers on the handle before looking at the man once more. The suitcase looked completely normal, and JongIn simply thought he had come back from a trip and was eager to put his belongings away in privacy.
 
 
“Well, if you see him again, could you tell him that JongIn is looking for him?” He asked politely, turning the knob.
 
 
“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Kyungsoo replied rudely and scowled at the boy, truly wishing he was gone already.
 
 
JongIn left, closing the door behind him.
 
 
Little did he know that a simple difference of names would tangle the strings even further.
 
 
 
Although unable to move, Laina was not deaf. 
 
 
 
 
She knew the two voices like the back of her hand.
 
 
 
 
 
Silent screams echoed, unheard to anyone but herself.