Strained Voices

Four. Five. Six.

pic credit to http://letuo.tumblr.com

 

 

With the air quickly escaping her lungs, there was barely anything she could do but claw at the arms wrapped around her. All attempts were futile and she had to lift her hand from JongIn's chest to try and pry the grip off of her.

She heard the click of the door open, and so did her captor, turning to see who had walked in.

A certain brown haired boy was squirming around in JoonMyun's arms. Laina's heart sunk. There was no way out. Chanyeol was on the way to a police station, she was quickly growing light headed, and Luhan was trapped by the other man, hand over his mouth so that he couldn't scream out for help.

The girl knew she couldn't last any longer. She took one last look at JongIn and succumbed to the darkness.

 

 

Luhan watched as Laina went limp in the murder's arms. A permanent knot formed in his stomach and he had hoped that she just fainted, not...

Even he could feel the man holding him pause for a split second, taking in the scene in front of him. Who's side was he on anyways?

Lu took that chance to move his jaw and get a good area of hand to bite excrutiatingly hard. JoonMyun gasped and retracted his hand, knowing he would pay for it but god damn his hand hurt and he couldn't even hold onto the boy if he tried in this condition.

"Laina!" The boy shot past Joo and instantly launched a punch to Kyungsoo's jaw, hitting him spot on. The man stumbled back, but didn't let go of the girl.

"WHY ARE YOU AFTER HER?! WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON TORTURING HER LIKE THIS?!" Luhan screamed at the top of his lungs and he was sure people in the next room could hear the commotion, but he continued on regardless.

Kyung wiped his now split lip and looked at Luhan. Smirking, he looked to the boy on the bed.

"It's fun." He said with a light laugh, and Lu's hands clenched into fists. His nails dug into his palms and he was surprised he hadn't been caught again by the one behind him.

"Ruining someone's life is fun?" His voice rose. "Making someone so afraid that they can't even eat or sleep- making them constantly live in fear? That's 'fun'?" He yelled.

Kyungsoo took a moment to answer. The words Luhan were saying... it's not like they were completely bouncing off of him. He was human too. He couldn't stand someone yelling at him and telling him his obsession was wrong. 

"My, my. Why are you so concerned about this girl? Do you have a crush on her?" He cooed mockingly. "Because if you do, she's mine." Kyung stared him directly in the eyes, testing him.

"You son of a . She won't be yours after I kill you!!" Luhan bolted forward and grabbed a clipboard hanging from the bed, launching it at the other's arm.

No, it wasn't meant to be a hurtful shot, but it did work for exactly what Luhan had planned. Kyung dropped the girl onto JongIn's bed and picked up the clipboard.

"Did you really think this tiny piece of wood would do any damage?" He picked it up and easily snapped it in half.

"You're name is Kyungsoo right?" Lu said in between adrenaline pumped breaths, "how could you possibly be so vicious? To a woman, at that. I could care less if you were going after someone else, but her, of all people? Why?" Tears welled up in Luhan's eyes and he tried desperately to keep them in. He couldn't risk showing so much emotion. "What is your obsession with her?"

JoonMyun stood behind them, watching everything. There wasn't really anything he could do except be backup. At this point, he kind of wanted to hear the answers to the questions Luhan were asking too.

"She would taste good." A smirk crept up Kyung's lips and Lu went white. A chill ran down his spine as sudden floods of old news reports ran through his mind. One's about bodies, and how they would be drained of blood. It couldn't be-

"You see, blonde boy, my last victim tasted horrid, so I didn't get my fill. And then I saw her. Tall, not too skinny, porcelin skin, and a beautiful smile. She was perfect. Until I saw that he was the guy she was dating. She needed to be mine. Not anyone elses. And I was going to make it that way. Until a few obstacles showed up."

The brown haired boy grabbed Laina's wrist to pull her off of the bed, only to find that something was holding her down. He watched in shock as JongIn somehow, either consciously or unconsiously intertwined his fingers with hers. Since he couldn't separate them, he would have to take care of these two first.

"You sick bastard. Let her go! Go find another girl, just leave Laina out of this! Take her out of this sick game you're playing!!" Lu yelled with despiration and pushed Kyungsoo.

 

Bad idea.

 

It was time for JoonMyun to do his job. He ran behind Luhan and held up a certain object that was tucked in his belt.

Neither said a thing and cold chills ran down his back, praying that he was just imagining things. Lu closed his eyes.

Laina's eyes, however, cracked open as she slowly regained consciousness. The sight in front of her took what little breath she had away, and when she tried to stand up, there were fingers wrapped around hers.

She thought she had somehow wrapped her fingers in his. Little did she know that JongIn had been the one to weave their fingers together.

 

Laina's gaze fell upon Luhan and the man behind him, holding up a familiar item. When they made eye contact, he instantly hit Luhan on the back of the head with it. Said boy fell to the floor, now slipping in and out of reality as his eyelids became heavy. Joo stepped over his body, now two feet from Laina and four from Soo.

 

"Do it." Kyungsoo said in a tone that the girl had never heard before. She didn't quite understand what that meant until Joo lifted his arm to her, gun in hand.

 

Her eyes opened wide and hear heart stopped. She wanted to scream and to run, but oxygen was nonexistant and a certain boy's fingers were interlocked so tightly with hers that she would have to take him with her.

 

She begged, pleaded, and cried for anything that would get Joo to put it down. She didn't want to die. Not like this.

 

"Come on, Joo. Do it. Shoot her." Kyungsoo commanded.

 

JoonMyun nodded.

 

He clicked the gun once more and aimed at the shaking girl.

 

Laina closed her eyes and prepared for the worst.

 

 

 

Within a milisecond did a bullet launch out of the barrel, hitting Joo's desired target.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo jolted, freezing in place. His previous smirk now turned into a paralyzed look of confusion. His legs then went limp, causing him to fall to the floor.

 

 

Laina opened her eyes after hearing the bullet go off and not feeling anything. She was sure she was in heaven when she saw Kyungsoo lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood.

 

But then reality started kicking in-

 

and she then realized,

 

 

Kyungsoo was lying there

 

 

in a pool of his own blood.

 

 

She turned her head to the last man standing, eyes wide in unbelievable shock.

 

 

 

"What? Who do you think gave you the pin to the door lock?" Joo smirked, blowing off the smoke dissipating from the barrel.