Oops

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
 
 
 
Kai awoke early the next morning, looking around with sleepy eyes only to find that he was the only one awake. Light was coming through the windows, shining on Laina’s hair and slightly warming the couple on the bed. Without warning, she twitched slightly, causing Kai to shut his eyes again so she would think he was asleep.
 
“Huh?” She whispered to herself as she examined the wrapped up chocolate bar. She trailed her fingers over the intricate bow, and notice that she wasn’t alone on the bed. She also saw Kai’s fingers move the slightest bit, giving it away that he wasn’t asleep.
 
 
She knew what to do.
 
 
She took one of her hands and used that as momentum before pushing off and rolling on top of Kai, landing oh-so-accidentally on top of him. 
 
 
“OOF!! LSKDKAFJA’FGLSGJ;” Kai groaned something unintelligible as she sat upwards, still on top of him.
 
 
“Oops~” She said nonchalantly before hopping off of him.
 
Kai lay there sprawled out on the bed from his unexpected pancake occurrence. He opened his eyes and watched his girl wander around the room, dodging Chanyeol and probably looking for the remote. She held something sparkly in her hand, and Kai smiled when he realized what it was. Laina walked into the kitchen, which now had more appliances and food since she got a job, and started making a pot of coffee. Thanks to her job, she was able to find the tips and tricks to make a really good cup, so she put that to use whenever she could. She also tended to eat something sweet while she drank it, so she decided that’s when she would eat her newfound treat. She felt a presence beside her, but didn’t turn around. She lost count of how many scoops she put in as a pair of slim arms wrapped themselves around her waist. A head placed itself on her shoulder, curiously watching her make the coffee that she had probably just messed up thanks to the boy. A few minutes passed until she finished, and toyed with the bow, partially ignoring Kai. She was okay about yesterday, she thinks, but wants to stay quiet to hear any new thoughts that may come from him. 
 
He leaned his head in and lay a soft kiss to her cheek, never once letting his grip upon her waist go.
 
 
“Lay~” he drug her nickname out in his sleepy voice, knowing very well that she couldn’t ignore him much longer. She, however, kept her focus on the bow.
 
He leaned in to kiss her cheek again when she didn’t respond. “Jagiya… I’m sorry.” She swore she could feel his whole body cringe as he admitted his wrong. 
 
 
Now, at this, she responded.
 
 
“For?” She couldn’t lie, she kind of loved the position she was in. She didn’t doubt that she wanted to hear the apology fall from his lips.
 
 
“Yesterday.” he replied vaguely, not wanting to go any deeper in the situation. 
 
 
“And?” She softly requested, seeing through Kai’s attempt. She wasn’t going to have any of it.
 
He let out a big sigh that tickled her neck. “For being a controlling, overbearing boyfriend.” He said in less than a whisper, absolutely hating himself for melting this much when it came to this girl. She barely heard it, but heard it nonetheless.
 
She turned around in his arms but kept her fingers occupied. His face lightened up with a smile as he tightened his grip around her waist, practically connecting them from the belly down. He leaned in tentatively, seeing if she would accept his kiss, and smiled into it as she closed the gap between their lips.
 
“Get a *snore* roommmmmmmmmm” the brother half snored and slurred his words in his still sleepy state as he lay on the floor. Neither of the couple knew why he slept there last night; all three share the bed at night. It’s a king sized one, and both Kai and Chanyeol are too tall to sleep comfortably on the couch. The couple couldn’t help but make a sound something similar to a half scoff half laugh at the irony of his statement; they are in a room.
 
They softly let each other go as Laina went to pour the three cups. Kai went to put a tank top on as he was still only in his boxers. Chanyeol finally got up and changed into a tank top and boxers as well. It actually wasn’t as awkward as some might think it would be. Kai of course, didn’t mind being half in front of his own girlfriend, let alone his own brother. Laina quite enjoyed the sight of a half Kai, and didn’t mind that his brother was in the same miniscule amount of clothing because she had accepted him as her brother as well. Nothing more, nothing less. Laina, however, refused to wear less than a tank top and shorts when his brother was with them, her own made up rule and etiquette. She had learned that living with two boys was no feat- she made sure not to put too many beans in her cooking or get too near to their computer if she heard strange sounds coming from it. 
 
And so they began every weekend like they had for the many past months, developing a routine. Today was Saturday, and Laina left the evening of Monday, giving the trio two more full days together before she was off. It being the weekend, she didn’t have to work, and her three weeks off started Monday as well.
 
They all sat at the table, sipping, when Kai spoke. “I… understand that you’re going to go regardless,” he paused, earning a curious look from his brother, “but I have one request.”
 
 
Laina nodded, telling him to continue.
 
 
“Call me every day at 12:00PM London time. It’ll be 8:00PM over here.” He replied confidently. 
 
 
“But I can’t bring my phone. The fees will be insane.” She tried to in.
 
 
“-I don’t care. If I can’t convince you to stay while there’s a killer on the loose, then I atleast need another way to just have reassurance that you’re safe. I’ll pay the fees, I don’t care. I just need you to promise me that you’ll do this for me.” he spoke calmly, a complete contrast as to what happened last night.
 
She contemplated the idea. The main reason she wasn’t going to bring her phone was simply because of the out of country that those phone companies pull. Just sending her a text would cost her a damn fortune. But, if Kai really wanted this, he wouldn’t hesitate to spend extra cash on something that would reassure her safety. She took a bite of her chocolate bar and chewed carefully before giving an him ‘ok’.
 
 
 
 
Monday, January 17th, 3:35 PM, Seoul International Airport
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m going to miss you, sis” Chanyeol pinched Laina’s cheeks before giving her a big farewell hug.
 
 
“I’ll miss you too. Make sure to get in on these calls, alright?” She smiled at him then gave Kai a hug where he didn’t let go.
 
 
“Can’t… breathe…” she choked out after a moment of actually enjoying the tightness. She looked to Kai as she spoke, “Kai, I’m going to be fine. I’m just going on vacation. That’s all.”
 
 
 
-Flight 365 to London departing, Flight 365 to London departing-
 
 
 
“Oh! That’s me. I have to go. Bye!” She replied chirpily as she went off to the entrance. She was excited. Why didn’t Kai go with her? It’s similar to the reason why some people take random road trips. They just want some time to themselves and a change of scenery. Taking Kai with her would violate both of those. Another thing she was excited about was the time difference. London is eight hours behind Seoul, so it’s like she’s stepping back in time. The estimated arrival time is 8:00 AM London time, which would make it noon down here in Seoul. Sometimes the time differences can become more than an incredible hassle, but once you have them down you feel quite smart.
 
Nodding off, she literally slept the whole flight. One of the flight attendants woke her up, notifying her that she was at her destination. Promptly thanking her, Laina got off and took a break at London’s airport waiting lobby’s. She was in her comfort zone here now because everyone spoke English. After a whole year of staying in Korea, she still hasn’t learned much. She could communicate with ease here, making her relax even more.
 
She took out the paper of her room conformation and carefully studied the name and room number. 
 
 
 
London Community Hotel. Suite number 456. 
 
 
 
Memorizing that, she then studied the directions there. She could just take a cab, but the map showed that it was just around the corner, so she would just rather walk there. After gathering herself, she set off to do just that. Within 15 minutes she got to the hotel, incredibly thankful that she didn’t get lost down these unknown roads. She handed the receptionist her confirmation and got the key for the room. Considering that it was in the four hundreds, it must be pretty high up. After being in the elevator for what felt like hours, she finally got dropped off at the four hundreds section.
 
 
“423, 433, 443, 453, three more, ah! There it is.” She whispered quietly to herself before sticking the key in the door. She walked in, head down, and dropped her bags off to the side before looking up.
 
 
There in front of her was a man in his boxers, fitting a shirt over his head before he promptly stopped to stare at the woman who had just intruded into his room. They stared at each other for a good (and very long) ten seconds as neither one knew what to say.
 
 
“I-I’m sorry, but is this room 456?” Laina spoke up, looking at other things to try and distract herself from the built man in front of her who still, still, hadn’t managed to put his shirt on.
 
 
“Yes, and it’s also my room.” He replied, interested in this dilemma.
 
 
“Oh. They must have typed it wrong when they gave me the key. I’m really, really sorry for the intrusion.” She bowed before picking up her bags and opening the door.
 
 
“Wait,” the mans voice made her turn around, curious to know what he wanted, “Do I know you?” he put his hands on his hips, truly contemplating whether or not he did.
 
 
“No?” She replied, confused.
 
 
“Jennifer, right?” He asked her, knowing very well they hadn’t met before, but wanted an easy way to learn her name. Reverse psychology class actually did pay off, he thought to himself.
 
 
“No, it’s Lai-” She stopped herself right there, knowing very well she shouldn’t have even talked to a stranger this long. “I mean, I have to go. Again, sorry for the intrusion.” She bowed once more and headed back down to the receptions desk, truly flustered.
 
 
 
Meanwhile back in room 456...
 
 
 
 
“So her name starts with an L, huh?” he paused to slip his shirt on as a sly, devious smirk crossed his lips. “I really wish we hadn’t met.
 
 
 
 
 
You’re pretty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And that means you taste good.”