Movements Are Set In Slow Motion

Four. Five. Six.

Yes, I know this is Sehun and not Kai, but for all intensive purposes let's just imagine that it is, okay? :)

pic credit to derps95.tumblr.com

 

 

The cup slipped from her hands, shattering on the floor while Laina darted around the corner.

 

The girl's heartbeat had nearly halted when she stopped a few feet in front of the boys and met eyes with JongIn. Suho jumped up in an attempt to hide her but his attempts were futile. Chanyeol had instantly realized who the girl was, and knew that something was off. She would never willingly stay with a man whom she did not know, and the way he was reacting told him that he was literally hiding something. He ran up to JoonMyeon and tackled him, pinning him down while he watched the scene in front of him play out.

JongIn stared.

He stared and stared at the beautiful girl in front of him, wondering if it was a dream. He shakily stood up and slowly walked up to her.

"Lay..." the way he whispered her name made her heart start beating again. "Is it... is it really you?"

JongIn extended his right hand out, softly grazing the smooth skin of her cheek with the pad of his thumb. Her shocked, trembling lips told him that she was real; that he, in fact, was not imaging this. He stepped closer, only allowing an inch between their faces. A racing heart plagued him as he tried to find the very words to describe how he felt. Yet, it was soon obvious that he was unable to speak anymore. JongIn brought his other hand up to her hair and weaved his fingers through it. It was suspicious, but he said nothing as it would disrupt this precious moment.

The feeling of warmth on his hand brought his focus back to her; a lonely tear had fallen from her eye and JongIn quickly brushed it away with his thumb. He leaned forward and rested his forhead on hers, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. It wasn't long before he felt a pair of hands grasp his arms with such light grace he, for a minute, thought he'd imagined it. Laina felt him there, felt his heart ache, and could almost feel the longing leaking out of him. 

JongIn suddenly took his hands from off her face and wrapped them around her frame. Holding her close, he tightened his embrace as much as he could without hindering her ability to breathe. She dropped her hands at her sides, unable to get her body to work. She fully let herself lay in his hold. She let him hold her up, and almost literally take all of the weight off of her. 

Kai buried his face in her hair and breathed in, taking in her scent that he had missed so. He wondered if she could feel his racing heartbeat, because he could feel how violently hers beat against her skin. The boy felt her body shaking, almost in full tremors as an audible sob came out. It only took a moment for her to reach her hands up to his taller shoulders and wrap them around his neck, burying her face in his chest. It was then that she could hear his throbbing heart, squeezing and hurting and most of all, longing for her.

"JongIn," She barely choked out and made her grip around his neck tighter, needing to get him closer and closer to her even though he was clearly as close as he could be.

"Lay," he whispered into her ear and he could feel her tears drench his shirt. It made him hurt, to see her crying like that, even if it was in a happy way.

She opened her eyes to look for the overly cheery, freakishy tall boy but froze when she met eyes with the man in front of her that her boyfriend couldn't see.