Trapped For Good

Four. Five. Six.

Authors note: To all of my subscribers, I apologize for not updating. To be quite honest, a lot of that was laziness. And, of course, when I stopped writing I nearly completely forgot where I was going with the story. But, now I'm on thanksgiving break and have nine days to let my imagination run free.

Look forward to daily updates.

Thats right, I said daily.

PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE TIMES IN THIS CHAPTER, AS THEY WILL SWITCH FROM PAST TO PRESENT

pic credit to http://lemonnie.tumblr.com

 

 

 

Wednesday, January 26th, 9:49 PM London Time

 

JongIn finished walking around the whole hotel and noticed that the police were beginning to pack up.

This can't be right. Have they caught the murderer? That was... way too fast to be accurate. He thought to himself. JongIn decided to walk up to one of the officers and ask them personally.

"Excuse me,  did you ca-"

"I'm sorry, we cannot release nor comment on that information. Please don't ask further questions." The man cut him off.

JongIn stood there, a little shocked at the man's rudeness. Before he could reply the man walked away with his coworkers. He watched as one by one, they all left.

 

Thursday, January 27th, 7:39 AM London Time

 

A light dusting of heat radiated through the open windows, allowing the sun to freely shine through the room. It wasn't a burning heat, but it was distracting enough to disturb the calming thoughts of those in the room. As if on cue, Laina's eyes fluttered open. She looked around, sensing the odd atmosphere. There wasn't wrong with anything in the room per se, but being in a room that is uninviting and against her will would defintiely qualitfy as odd and unpleasant. She sat up in the bed and rubbed her eyes.

Looking from side to side, small, short strands of hair patted the sides of her face. She stopped, noticing the peculiar feeling right away. Taking the tips of her fingers, she ran it through her hair.

A rush of panic flooded through her as her fingers reached the end rather quickly.

"No. No. No. Please no..." Laina jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom.

A scream of bloody murder echoed through the room to the other's ears and rudely woke them from their slumber.

The reflection looking back at her had short choppy bleached hair that barely passed her chin. Last night her chocolate brown hair fell just below her waist.

"YOU CHOPPED MY HAIR OFF!??!!?" She yelled as she stomped out of the bathroom and found the perpetrators. "You couldn't just die it and leave it long?!?! How is anyone going to recognize me?!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and sat up from his place on the couch. "That's the point you noisy little brat." Just like yesterday, his words were sharp and short. "Now shut up or I'll just shave it all off."

Laina rolled her eyes and turned to walk out the door. "You're not a very smart killer if you let your victim live in your own house that they could easily escape from."

"And you're not a very smart victim if you think I'm actually stupid enough to let you do that." Kyungsoo retorted. "There are many things we did after you went to sleep last night."

 

Wednesday, January 26th, 9:52 PM London Time

 

Kyungsoo walked down the steps to the first floor of the hotel. He needed to do a few things, but he also had to be discreet about them. Kyung pulled out his phone and acted like he was calling someone. Using this for his cover, as people would ignore someone talking on the phone and looking around, he scoped the floor. All of the police were leaving, just as he had suspected.

Perfect.

 

Thursday, January 27th, 7:43 AM London Time

 

"All of the police are gone now, in case you didn't know." A sly, devilish and slightly seductive smirk crossed Kyungsoo's thick, tainted lips.

 

Wednesday, January 26th, 9:53 PM London Time

 

JongIn still didn't move from his random spot of standing. He looked around the bottom floor for any signs of Laina who he had still not seen nor heard from in quite a while. He was really worried about her, and the fact that she didn't answer any of his calls worried him to the point of feeling naseaus. Someone caught his eye, interrupting his panicked thoughts.

A man with jet black hair, a jet black blazer, and a peculair expression placed on his face who was talking on the phone.

Usually people like this wouldn't catch his attention, but... he had seen this man before.

In... the room, was it?

- - - -

Kyungsoo turned his attention to the multiple televisions placed around the waiting room. An excited, relaxed feeling entered his veins, ready for what was coming.

"Three...         Two...        One..." the man counted down, and the second the last syllable left his lips, news bells and whistles disrupted the quiet of the floor.

"Breaking News as we enter into the 10 o'clock hour: Police crews are leaving the London Community Hotel in order to follow up on a recent attack from the Verse Killer. And by recent... we mean the body of the victim is still warm..." The mans voice trailed off as Kyungsoo stopped listening and put his phone away.

With a knowing smirk across his lips, he slowly strode towards the reception desk.

He flattened his suit and straightened his collar.

"Good boy, JoonMyeon.

- - - - 

"...recent attack by the Verse Killer. And by recent... we mean the body of the victim is still warm. The police and the FBI are working together to try and find any clues that will lead to finding him, as he may still be close to the crime scene. This is now his fifth victim, and if he is not caught soon..." The anchorman's words molded together and JongIn could no longer listen to the sickening story.

So that's why the police left. They must not suspect the killer is here anymore. 

Now that there was no security left, JongIn could freely walk in and out as he pleased. He could even get a room if he wanted to. The poor boy frowned and grabbed his chest. The heartache of not seeing Laina was physically hurting him. He needed to find her, assuming that she was kidnapped and not just on a side vacation ignoring her phone.

Within a milisecond he looked up, eyes wide. His mouth lay open as a slightly hopeful realization came to him. When he first came here, he never actually went inside of her room. He walked in front of it, took out the key, and then saw his friend. He then went inside JoonMyeon's room, but never in all of that did he ever enter Laina's room.

Without hesitation, he took off sprinting to the staircase.

- - - - 

Kyungsoo hid his proud smirk of satisfaction when he got to the front counter.

"Excuse me? Miss?" The woman in the front snapped her attention to the attractive, charasmatic man in front of her.

"Yes? How may I help you, sir?" She smiled politely.

"Well... you see... My sister is staying with me here, and she has... a mental disability. She needs to stay in my room so that I can supervise her but sometimes she'll try and get out. If she left my sight, I don't know what I'd do..." Kyungsoo hung his head low, attempting to look worried. "I was wondering if I could request some sort of security that would ensure she won't leave the hotel until we've finished our stay here." Kyung wasn't going to let the girl get away. Making up a story bothered him none as anyone was gullable after he flashed them his five star smile.

"Oh, oh my. Well, we usually don't do that, but since you're her primary caretaker and know what's best, I suppose we could figure something out. It's going to cost a lot of money, though." The receptionist looked to him as if to ask him if that was okay.

"That won't be an issue. As long as she safe, there isn't a price I wouldn't be willing to pay." Kyungsoo smiled sweetly and adoringly, visibly playing this out.

The woman smiled, pleased by how sweet this man was. "Alright. We'll hire some extra security guards to place around the hotel. As for the locks, when do you need them changed?"

"Tonight."

"Okay. I'll send someone up there to put a more advanced lock system on your door. It will have a keypad that changes it's pin number everyday so that she can't watch you put it in and then try the same number the next day. We'll need your phone number as well to send you the new pin number in the morning."

Kyungsoo gave her that and took out the polaroid he had taken earlier while she was sleeping.

- - - - 

Kai reached the beginning of the staircase, too far away from the receptionist desk to hear anything. Not that he needed to, right?

- - - - 

"Her name is Laina Demetrie and this is her photo." He handed it over and watched the woman's expression change to surpsrise.

- - - - 

Did I just hear... No. It couldn't have been. No one knows her full name except for me and Chanyeol... and JoonMyeon, but he wasn't down there.

Ignoring what he thought he heard, JongIn continued up the stairs. Besides, he was too far away to hear anything correctly. 

Right?

- - - - 

"Haha, yeah. Teenagers these days..." Kyungsoo finished his conversation with the woman and headed back up to his room. As he got to his door, he saw the back of a man entering into what was Laina's room next to his.

So now... her boyfriend is staying next door?

 

Perfect.

 

Thursday, January 27th, 7:55 AM London Time

 

"So you see, you can neither get in nor out." Kyung stood up and made his way closer to the standing girl.

"Yeah!? Watch me!" Laina screamed back at him, more than irritated.

She walked over and grabbed the handle, wiggling it back and forth to try and get it open.

It was obviously no use but she wanted to try it anyway. She paid no mind to the sound of heavy footsteps behind her and applied more force to the handle. It simply wouldn't budge. 

Laina made a move to try it one more time, but two hands grabbed her shoulders and forced her around. Kyungsoo pushed her against the door and began to choke her.

It appears as if this was another of his turns.

"STOP. TRYING. TO. LEAVE." Soo looked deeply into her eyes and saw the desperation beginning to build up. Feeling a slither of remorse, he lightened his grip. She bit her chapped lips and looked into Kyunsoo's eyes, trying to find some trace of the sweet Kyung that was revealed yesterday.

"Plea-"

"NO! If you make one more move to leave, I will see to it that your boyfriend never sees the light of day again."

Laina went pale. "You know whe-"

"Got it?" Kyungsoo inched towards her face, trying to intimidate her further.

"I want to se-"

"I said, GOT IT?!" Soo pushed her into the door and got closer to her face, now able to feel the heat of her panicked breathing brush his cheek.

This close up, Laina could see that Kyungsoo's face had color in it again.

 

And his lips...

 

 

They were stained a crimson red.