We Need Eachother

Four. Five. Six.

 

 
 
Kyungsoo shook his leg while waiting on the end of the bed. JoonMyeon hadn’t shown up in quite a while and it was a tad bit irritating to think that he could mess every single thing up. While waiting, he had laid Laina’s body on the bed. The more he stared at her form, the more he felt attached to her. Knowing nothing about her brought his attention to her even more. Kyung actually put some ice in two bags and put them over her ankles, that of which he probably strained while stuffing her in the suitcase. 
 
After a few seconds of adjusting the ice bags, he went to go get a bottle of water. When he came back, he lightly parted her lips and tilted it so that she could drink it slowly. 
 
Some part of him was… happy to say the least.
 
Caring for her made him happy- a complete contrast as to what happened earlier.
 
JongIn’s words echoed through his head, ‘as soon as he woke up, he ran off, saying something about stopping someone’, but only confused him further.
 
As if on cue, the sound of a key being shoved in the lock sounded from the door. The younger scowled at the boy who walked in and set the bottle down after he was sure Laina had had enough.
 
“You have some explaining to do, boy.” Kyungsoo was sharp with his words, trust for the elder withering by the second. 
 
“I-” 
 
“No. Don’t even bother speaking until I’ve finished. First of all, when I brought her back up here there was a kid that I don’t even know in our room. He could have messed this whole thing up for us! And to make it worse, he said that he knew you, said that you fainted, and when you woke up, you ran out to stop something!” His voice grew hoarse as anger began to bubble. His closest friend- one he calls his brother- Soo couldn’t believe he may have just tried to betray him.
 
“Kai was still here?” He asked, thinking he had left soon after.
 
“Who’s Kai?” Kyungsoo asked, irritated.
 
“Kai, JongIn, the boy who was here. He goes by both names.” Suho answered impatiently.
 
That name struck Kyung. He’d heard it before.
 
Not waiting for the other to reply, JoonMyeon pointed to the girl on the bed and spoke. “That’s his ing girlfriend.”
 
Kyungsoo froze, a chill going through his spine. Flashbacks of Laina’s story raided his mind as he struggled to find his composure.
 
After a few unsure moments, the younger spoke up. “And why should I care? She’s ours now.” He rolled his eyes and looked away.
 
“JongIn is my best friend,” -those words churned Kyungsoo’s heart- “and I can’t do that to him. We can find another girl; I’m just as hungry as you are. But… not for her.” His voice softened at the end of his sentence and he dropped his hand.
 
A silent, deadly moment passed between the two.
 
Soo jolted forward. Connecting his fist to the elder’s face, Suho went flying. His body landed with a hard thud near the entrance of the room. Massaging his now possibly broken jaw helped none as Kyungsoo’s next words spit venom.
 
“You’ve just gotten the worlds largest target placed on your back.” Betrayed and hurt, these words were the least he could do to express himself. “Get out. You’re dead to me.”
 
 
He hesitated... 
 
 
 
“And the next time I see you, I’ll make that reality.”
 
 
 
 
JoonMyeon looked up from his place on the floor only to meet the murderous eyes of the other. He wouldn’t deny, his eyes were watering. He didn’t want this to happen. His brother, throwing him away so easily, how could that be so possible?
 
For the first time in his life, Suho decided to take action.
 
“No.” A timid response sounded as the boy got up from the floor and wiped his bloody split lip.
 
“Excuse me? I take you in, make you the person you are, you think of betraying me, I kick you out and now you’re back-sassing me?” Oh heillll nahhh. This was not about to happen. Not in Kyung’s house.
 
“That’s exactly why I’m back-sassing. You made me the person I am today. I’m not leaving. Yeah, I thought of changing our plans, but never in my life would I have thought of turning you in. We’re the same, Kyungsoo. We crave the same things, and want the same things as well. You and I both know that we can’t have one without the other. You’re just speaking on what you think is a hurt heart. Even if you shoved me out of your house, I wouldn’t leave.
 
In this world, in our twisted world, we need each other. And don’t you dare deny that.” 
 
Suho’s heart was pounding so hard he thought it would explode. Never in his life had he stood up for himself, ever talked back, given his opinion. And he was sick of it being that way. 
 
No words came from Kyungsoo. He no longer had the energy to care. Without responding, he walked over to Laina and got another water bottle. Soo took a seat on the side of the bed next to her, mimicking the same actions so as to not overflow with water.
 
His original plan was to paralyze her and kill her, but he simply couldn’t bring himself to do that anymore. He wanted to keep her.
 
Without further thought, he came up with the perfect idea.
 
He took the bottle away when he thought she’d had enough and placed it on the bedside table. He pushed her bangs off of her face and lightly put his palm on her forehead. Temperature feeling a little cold, he decided to pull the blankets over her and tuck her in. Laina’s eyes were on him the whole time, confused, but nevertheless thankful that he had cared enough to keep her warm and hydrated. 
 
Kyungsoo once again sat by her side and looked at her. Staring eye-to-eye, he calmed down. Her pure features relaxed him and gave him the courage to say what was going to come out of his mouth next.
 
“Laina Demetrie, you are now mine. I have the antidote and will give if to you if and only if you promise to stay here with me. If you don’t want that, I will kill you on the spot. You have to do everything I say, but you will not be harmed in any way. I just can’t get myself to forget you. Blink once if you want that.”
 
Laina held her eyes open for the next minute, making sure not to accidentally answer his request. I mean, she didn’t want to die, but she couldn’t possibly figure out what changed his mind. Before, he had ruthlessly gotten those other women. And now, all of a sudden, he wants to keep her. 
 
Not knowing what would happen in the future, she just decided to press her luck.
 
She blinked.
 
And for the first time that whole day, she had seen Kyungsoo smile.
 
 
Later that day
 
 
“Are you hungry Laina?” Kyungsoo spoke as he pierced her skin, feeding the antidote through her system. She winced, but didn’t yelp in pain. 
 
“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.” He spoke to himself after her lack of response. 
 
She watched him walk to the phone and call room service. Her eyes traveled to the other figure standing in the kitchen area, slouching and moping like a kicked puppy. She could only assume that they were going to do some talking after she went to bed.
 
Kyungsoo’s 180 degree turn in attitude confused her like no other. He was vicious earlier. Crazed eyes; harsh words. Yet, now, it was as if he was just a gentle creature looking for a companion.
 
When would be the next time he turned?
 
Ten minutes later a knock echoed off of the thick door. Suho went to get it, letting the tall kid in. Laina couldn’t stop staring.
 
“Room service for room 456?” He double checked with a smile. JoonMyeon tiredly confirmed and opened the door even wider to allow for him to bring the cart in. The boy’s light brown blondish hair bounced as he walked in with pep, obviously enjoying his job quite a lot.
 
The unnamed boy looked around the room while waiting for Kyung to get cash, and made eye contact with Laina. Anyone with eyes could see the way his face lit up when their eyes met.
 
It was then she knew, he would be her escape.
 
 
With her eyes focused, she zoomed in on his nametag.
 
 
She repeated the name in her head, making sure she wouldn’t forget it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Luhan.”