Believe

Four. Five. Six.

pic credit to tb-cont.tumblr.com

 

'If someone told you something crazy, would you believe them?'

 

'Well, if there were enough evidence, yes.'

 

'What if someone crazy told you some thing crazy, would you still believe them then?'

 

 

 

Luhan stood there, staring at the back of the woman's head. He had been to this room once before, but didn't recognize her at this point. However,  as the woman repeated the last few syllables of her sentence, she turned to the boy.

Her looks had stunned him.

Hanging open was his mouth, and no where to be found was his mind.

It was definitely the same girl he had seen the night before, on the bed. Yet she had cut her hair and... bleached it.

Some part of Luhan felt that something was off; no woman would willingly cut off waist length, luxiourious hair like she had had. But whatever look she had, she wore it well. Luhan thought she looked quite beautiful as it was, sitting there in her natural looking clothing. A simple pair of blue jeans decorated her legs while a soft white and grey striped blouse with a pocket near the chest rested on her shoulders. The sun coming through the window opposite of them shone down on her head and illuminated the features of her pure face. Her light skin seemed to shine the brightest, and her dark chocolate brown eyes were a contrast to her pale cheeks. But, that wasn't a bad thing. Her lips were closed, drawn together in a thin line as she waited impatiently for the answer to a question he had completely, utterly forgotten about.

Laina looked back to the window and gazed out of it for a few seconds. The sun was extra bright today and it made her squint her eyes together to avoid burning her eyes. The sound of steps coming closer caused her to turn her head.

She jumped when seeing the boy was now standing in front of her with wide, curious eyes.

He tilted his head to the side, "What's your name?" he asked.

Within her mind did a scoff echo. Shouldn't he already know? "Don't you already know?" She rolled her eyes and looked to the floor. "I'm sure they've told  you lots about me down at reception."

His soft voice made her look back at him. "Actually, they just told me to watch my back. But I see nothing that would make me want to do so." He paused, after seeing she wasn't saying anything. "So what is it?"

"It doesn't matter. Look, are you going to answer my question or what?" She asked, irritated.

"Answer mine and i'll answer yours." He cleverly replied.

That answer struck her. She wasn't sure what was happening, but that playful little statement brought the slightest, smallest smile to her face.

"Clever. My name is Laina." She saw no need to go into further detail and looked to him expectantly.

"Laina, how pretty." Luhan tilted his head and smiled, putting the name to the face and making sure he would remember it for the future.

"And, yes, there would be a chance I would believe them." He was still standing in front of the girl and didn't have any oders for the next hour so he could easily stay here and chat if he wished to do so.

Laina hung her head and stared at the floor.

Could she trust him?

What if he was with Kyungsoo and would go tell him that she tried to escape?

She soon shook her head, ridding those images from her head.

She was just about to speak when the older boy interrupted the silence.

"Listen. I can already tell you're not 'crazy', so obviously the people who told my coworkers that are complete s." It took Laina aback how he so easily spoke like that to someone he had only just met.

"But... there was obviously a reason that the locks were changed and they went through the trouble of telling my superiors about you." He paused, "Do you mind if I sit?"

She shook her head no and he grabbed a spare chair and brought it over to sit a comfortable distance in front of her.

"So... what was the reason?" Luhan became completely serious and kept his gaze on the girl. He could almost see the amount of weight she was carrying on her shoulders. Whatever she had to tell, it was big.

"Look, I know it's completely strange for a random person to tell someone else about their life, but this doesn't only involve me. It involves, well, involved other people as well."

The way she changed the tense of her sentence didn't sit well with Luhan. An uneasy feeling overcame him.

Could he actually handle the truth?

"There is so much to tell. I don't even know where to start and halfway through you're probably not going to believe a word coming out and wait, don't you have to get back to work?" She rambled a bit and then stopped herself.

He shook his head. "I don't have any more customers for the next hour and the hour after that is my break. Take your time and don't rush." He reassured her and he could visibly see Laina take a deep breath, as if that reassurance helped her to relax.

"First, I should say that I'm being held here. Against my will. You know that killer that the police were just looking for and even went so far as closing down the hotel to find him?" Luhan nodded his head and his eyes opened wide.

Laina found Luhan's eyes, silently begging him to believe her as she was his only hope.

"He's the one holding me captive." Laina spat the words out as if they were poison, and in a way, they were.

Luhan brought his hand up to cover his mouth, in shock.

 

Laina spent the next hour telling him about everything: the trip to London, the switchup of hotel rooms, running into him constantly, being led to the secret basement, and soon being locked up here like a prisoner.

The whole time Luhan listened, he did not doubt her once. For someone to make up that intricate of a story was near impossible, and when she was done spilling everything it seemed as if her shoulders had lifted; the figurative weight truly lifting from her grasp.

 

"So, I need your help escaping. The thing is, though, he said that he would do something to my boyfriend-" that little word smacked Luhan in the face; figures that someone as beautiful as her would already be taken "-so I need to find him first and make sure he's safe before trying anything myself."

"Mmm..." Luhan looked at his watch and noticed there wasn't much time left before he actually had to start working again. "Well, we can't figure out a secure plan in just 30 minutes. When will they be back?" The boy couldn't risk the killers walking in on them two, and his heartrate was faster than normal in the anticipation that that would happen.

"They said late... but that could really be anytime. We're already risking it as it is." Luhan nodded his head in agreement.

"You said you can't leave right, even just for fresh air?"

She shook her head no.

The boy sat there and contimplated what they should do.

"Are they going to be out every single day?"

"I doubt it. This was even hard for them to do. They don't trust me, and the only reason I haven't tried breaking out is becuase they threatened Kai's life, and knowing them, they would definitely go through with that. Which is why as soon as I get out of here, I'll need to make sure that I'm somewhere absolutely hidden. If they haven't gotten caught by now I  doubt they'll get caught at all, and that's something that scares me." Laina said truthfully.

There was something she had forgotten to tell Luhan one thing, however. "So, if they're so cold-blooded, why haven't they killed you yet?" The elder of the two asked.

That question sent shivers down her spine. It was a good question, yes, but the answer behind it didn't make sense to her. "He said... he wanted to keep me." She paused, speaking the next sentence in a mere whisper. "To keep me to himself." 

Her response sent a wave of chills down his spine. To hear that a killer wanted to keep her, it unsettled him so much that he may even not sleep tonight.

An uneasy silence came down upon the two and it was quite a few minutes before one of them spoke up.

"Listen. I don't know how well I'm going to be able to help you, but I will definitely try. I'll make sure you can get back to-," it was with much displeasure did he say the following name, "-Kai, and make sure that they get locked up afterwords. The only plan I can think of now is for you to call when they're gone so that I can come up and help you further. Since you don't have a phone and I can't carry mine during work hours, just call for room service and I'll come up." He looked at his watch once more. "I need to go, but this won't be the last time we'll see eachother, hao ma?"

The use of the Mandarin word 'okay?' surprised her and made her snap her head up, only to meet the sparkling smile of the man in front of her. She struggled to find the words to respond, so she just gave a nod of her head.

The boy got up, put the chair back and began to walk towards the door. He put his fingertips on the keypad but halted when hearing a whisper from the girl.

 

"Thank you for believing me." Laina spoke, but looked down instead of at the one she wanted to hear the words.

 

 

Luhan paused before turning around and giving her a heartfelt response.

 

 

 

"There is no way I wouldn't believe someone as beautiful as you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The boy quickly left and began to walk down the hallway to the now working elevators. A smile was plastered on his face, determined to help her and extremely happy that his last comment had left her so flustered. He happily pressed the button and waited for the elevator to come up. He wasn't quite paying attention when he heard the ding, and almost ran into two men as they tried to walk out of the very elevator that he was trying to get in.

Being so happy, he apologized quickly and gestured for the two men to go out before he went in. They rolled their eyes and did so, and he paid no attention as he called after them to 'have a good day!'. Luhan stepped inside the elevator and pressed the button that would take him to the first floor.

He hummed along to the music as he traveled down, yet kept thinking about a certain feature of the boys' lips that he had just happened to see.

"Were they wearing lipstick?" Luhan quickly dismissed that theory as no man that he knew wore lip makeup.

Now eye makeup was a different story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two bodies walked down the hall, content yet irritated at the overly happy person that made them want to barf.

"What the was he so happy about?" The younger asked as he typed the pin number into the door.

"Who knows." The other shrugged.