Surprise

Four. Five. Six.

Thank you so much for commenting you guys. After my break from writing this I updated a few chaps no one commented, and I was so sad. But after this last chapter you guys gave comments, so thank you <3 please leave more! They keep me writing!!

pic credit to tb-cont.tumblr.com

 

 

Tuesday, February 1st 8:00 AM London Time

 

 

JoonMyeon and Kyungsoo were already up for the day. The latter, however, had to leave to take some care of some business. What kind of business, no one truly knew, but nevertheless it would keep the boy occupied for the rest of the day, and he would need his brother to watch over the girl. They haven't left her alone since the first time they did, absolutely not trusting her. Kyungsoo was surprisingly friendly to her, yet it did not matter to her.

Laina and Luhan had not met up because she was never alone. This fact worried her; how was she supposed to make a plan when she didn't have access to the person that would help her most?

Thoughts of JongIn were the only ones that went through her mind, and worries about what he was doing never left it. 

 

In room 457

 

"Jongin, you should get up now. It's unhealthy to sleep so much." Chanyeol nudged his brother. He had finally gotten him to sleep for about three days now, and was incredibly relieved by that. But, he didn't want to make the problem worse by letting him lay depressed in the bed all day. JongIn reluctantly complied, sitting up in the bed that he and his brother shared.

"Since you're feeling a bit better, why don't you come with me to ask around? We'll show people that picture of you two and see if they recognize her. Are you up to it?" He rubbed his brother's back comfortingly.

Kai took a deep breath. He hadn't been out of the room for a week and he acknowledged the fact that sitting on his all day wouldn't acomplish anything. He gave a slight nod of his head and could see his hyung smile.

"Alright. Shower and afterwords we'll go to that friend you told me about and see if he knows anything." Yeol stood up from his place on the bed and began to stretch...

 

In room 456

 

Joo awkwardly walked around the room, having nothing to do. A lot of days were like this, really. Yes, he had the job at the cafe but recently they hadn't been getting much business, and told him to take vacation until they got more customers to pay him what he fully earned. Laina simply stood in the kitchen, sipping a cup of coffee that Kyung had made her. 

Yes, the fact that he made it bothered her like no tomorrow, but she wouldn't deny that she didn't want to waste it and Joo didn't like coffee so she couldn't give it to him.

Oh, the irony.

She was just in her own little world when a soft voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Why don't you ever smile?" The older boy walked closer to her with a solemn, disappointed look on his face.

Laina paused. That question had caught her off guard and she nearly spat out the sip that was in .

"There's no reason to. Smiling is for happy people. I'm not happy being a prisoner."

Suho stood there and contimplated her answer. With a few nods of his head he stood back and she stared at him, wondering what he was doing.

Without further ado did the boy start doing a bunch of random gestures and goofy faces. Laina nearly choked on the damn coffee as she watched him make a fool of himself.

"What the hell are you doing?!?" She asked with a laugh.

One she didn't realize had escaped.

"Aha! That's what I was looking for!" JoonMyeon stopped his ridiculous actions and smiled, that of which even reached his eyes. It stunned Laina, quite honestly, as he had never seen him smile like that either.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The loud noise disturbed the both of them and JoonMyeon soon turned into his other self.

"'Turn around and face the window," He commanded Laina to do.

She rolled her eyes. Like she was really going to do that. She wanted to see who it was, and its not like the person would even regonize her anyways. She walked over to the window but didn't turn around. She stood there, holding her cup of coffee.

Joo typed in the pin number for the door and opened it a few inches to simply see who it was.

Within a second did a violent chill run down his spine.

"Dude, what's up with your door lock? I don't remember it being like that before. Did you get a burgular or something?" The younger boy outside of the door bombarded Suho with questions, and his own racing heartbeat drowned all of them out.

He struggled to come up with a response due to the incredible frog that appeared in his throat. Kyungsoo wasn't there and wouldn't be for a while. How was he going to solve this problem on his own?

"Ohh, umm, h-hey" He replied hesitantly. "What's up?" 

"I actually had a few questions for you. I was wondering if my brother and I could come in and ask you them?" The boy asked nicely.

Yet another shudder racked Joo.

"Umm, yeah, let me clean up for a second though." He lied, and quickly closed the door.

"Go into the bathroom!" He yelled in a whisper.

"Who was it?" She asked curiously.

That question surprised him. Could she not hear or recognize the voice?

"GO. HIDE."

She scoffed.

"God damnit I swear I'm going to tell Kyungsoo everything! He knows where your boyfriend is and won't hesitate to hurt him. BUT, I won't if you just go hide!!" His heart was racing, unable to take the stress of the situation.

Laina reluctantly obeyed. She knew that he was right. She took a few steps and hid in one of the corners that wasn't visible to those in the front of the room. She kept an ear open to eavesdrop.

The boy ran back to the door.

"Sorry about that, thank you for waiting." He led them both inside to one of the couches near the door and sat opposite from them. 

The younger visitor spoke up after a tense silence. "So the last time I saw you, I was looking for my girlfriend-"

Laina froze.

That voice...

It couldn't be.

She dismissed her hopeful thoughts and took a sip of her coffee, continuing to listen.

"But now... I can't find her."

Laina slowly lowered the cup from her lips.

"I wanted to ask if you've seen her."

A tremble traveled through her.

No.

"In case you forgot..."

It... it can't be.

"Her name is Laina Demetrie."

 

SHATTER

 

The cup fell from Laina's frozen fingers, and she darted around the corner.

 

 

 

A lot can happen in a single second. Lives can be lost, secrets can be spilled, and betrayal can occur. Movements are set in slow motion. Smiles appear or disappear. Kisses flutter hearts and feed souls. Harsh words end something that could have survived. Life is made, and life is born. Arms are opened. Trust is established. Trust is destroyed. Dreams come true....

Out of all of the things that can occur in a second,

which occured next?