Strangle

Four. Five. Six.

Laina was only able to look at Chanyeols face once as he was taken away, but that one glance sent a searing ray of hatred burn through her frame as she read his lips.

 

"He was here-"

 

And that was it. He could say no more as he was led out the door to who knows where. 

She was torn between following him to the station and helping him, or staying here and watching in horror as the nurses did nothing but struggle with the Kai situation. As much as she wanted to help her brother, she couldn't help but feel that this was just perhaps, slightly more important at the moment.

I'm sorry, Yeol... She whispered to herself and made a promise to no one that she would make sure she got him later. After everything was settled.

If, everything got settled.

And if 'he' was the 'he' that she was thinking about, all four of them were in huge trouble. If that 'he' was Kyungsoo, then he now knew all of their whereabouts as well.

Her heartrate raced beyond believable levels as her horrifying thoughts subsided and blue lips and fingertips appeared. Her limbs wanted to lurch forward and attatch themself to him, to give him all of her health, to start his heart beat once more. Hers was practically beating for the both of them anyways.

Luhan truly didn't know what to do. Just like Laina, he wanted to help him. Although envoius, he would never be that vindictive. However, with all of the nurses and fast moving bodies around, he figured it best to stay back. He couldn't imagine how the poor girl was feeling, and placed a reassuring hand atop her shoulder.

"Blood pressure... dropping... levels... high... heart rate..." Sounds and partial sentences were the only ones Laina could coherently understand and even then she was lost. Tears began to well in her eyes as a more than normal amount of time had passed for reviving and they still hadn't gotten his heartbeat back.

Without further ado did the nurses look up the the doctors and shake their heads.

Oxygen was out of the room and all beings stuck inside needed to step outside and try to grasp that element that they needed so badly but couldn't reach anymore.

The doctors and nurses would return later, after giving Luhan and Laina time with the boy.

Luhan couldn't believe what had just happened. Right in front of his eyes.

Yet, it wasn't the first time he had watched someone die.

He had to do something. He had to say something. Just- anything.

It was then that he remembered a quote written on his father's gravestone. 

He was just hoping it offered her as much strength as it did him.

"Laina," Luhan knew she wouldn't turn to him in this state so he walked in front of her, blocking her view and therefore catching her attention.

"My father lived his life by this saying. I don't know if it will help you, but..." He paused and hooked his finger gently under her chin so that her tear-stained face was staring directly into his.

"Don't cry for the loss... but rejoice for the unlimited freedom.*" The words left his mouth slowly, truly hard to get out in the thick atmosphere.

No response came except for more tears so Luhan wiped them away and let go of her chin.

"I'll leave so that you can be with him alone. I'm going to wait outside, so if you need me, I'll be right there. Just a step away, alright?" He didn't expect much of a reply, and just left quietly, looking back once more at the girl before he exited the room completely.

Laina ran over to the bed and cupped JongIn's cheeks. Screams and mumbles and frightened syllables fell from her trembling lips, holding him, wishing and begging to start his heartbeat once more.

When no pulse replied back, she couldn't take it anymore.

With her right hand on his chest and her left holding his face, Laina attatched their lips. With ever fiber of her being, she kissed him. She kissed him with so much passion some would think it were impossible. She heard rustling outside but ignored it and kept her lips upon his, trying to give him all of her health.

 

 

-thump-

 

 

A slight, almost insignificant vibration danced along her right hand.

 

Yet, this vibration was no where near insignificant.

 

 

 

 

The sound of the door opening bothered her none as the shock of what was going on settled in.

It was only when she heard a voice that she finally detatched their lips.

 

 

And wanted to vomit.

 

 

Hatred coursed through her veins as the voice alone echoed through the room. She need not look up to know who it was.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk Laina. Necrophelia is a bad, bad habit. And it's such a shame your curly headed brother is getting blamed for something did."

 

Laina kept her eyes on Kai, not wanting to give the man the gratification of acknowledgement.

 

The voice, however, became louder and louder, and she had the suspicion that she should have ran earlier.

 

She could already feel she was trapped.

 

 

 

Arms slipped around her waist and hugged her from behind and she had never known a moment in her life when she felt so disgusted. Her right hand clutched the fabric of JongIn's shirt and it was then she remembered just a few seconds ago that she had felt something.

 

Completely forgetting about the man behind her, the girl focused on Kai. She closed her eyes and tuned out the heavy breathing, focusing on any pressure in her hand.

 

Ignoring the man was the worst decision she could have made.

 

His embrace tightened tenfold and the air was crushed out of her lungs. Her back was flush against his chest now and terrified tears welled up in her eyes, unable to forsee what was going to happen.

 

When she tried to gasp for air, she felt it.

 

Her hand never left JongIn's chest.

 

The second a strangled gasp escaped her frightened lips, she felt it again.

 

 

-thump-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*=quote by my good friend Sarah, who has an incredible knack for poetry 

pic credit to http://da-o.tumblr.com