Chapter 1

My Guardians

“Umma, I don’t understand why I have to go to my stupid vampire classes.” KwangMi said like she did at least twice every day. “I don’t even have my powers.”

“KwangMi, stop it. You have to go because you are still a vampire. Your powers will come eventually.” SooMi said trying to push her out of the door.

“I only have 2 years. You know that too. If I don’t get my powers in 2 years, I won’t have any purpose of going to these classes.” KwangMi stopped on her tracks. SooMi sighed. She knew that, but she didn’t want it to be true. She was human; she couldn’t last as long as vampires. SooMi just wanted KwangMi to be safe on her own.

“KwangMi, chebal. Go. Keep going until you get back to your father. At least then his guardians will protect you.” SooMi said putting her hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“I’m not going back to appa. It’s been over 16 years. He hasn’t called. He hasn’t visited. He’s not coming back Umma!” KwangMi took her mother’s hand off her shoulder and held it instead.

“Have faith, KwangMi.” SooMi said taking a step forward,

“Faith? Umma, we’re in poverty and have barely anything at all.  What am I supposed to have faith in?! Appa is not coming back! I have no powers and you’re human. What if Strikers attacked! They kill anyone that doesn’t turn to their side!” KwangMi yelled furious.

“We have our spear.” SooMi said calmly.

“Spears aren’t effective unless you hit the Striker right through the heart. Neither of us is experienced in using one either.” KwangMi was raging with anger. “Appa could’ve saved us from everything; poverty, certain death. If only he was here. But he left. Sometimes I wonder if he really thought things through!” KwangMi said as she slammed the door shut to go to her classes.

‘KwangMi, when will you understand? You’re father is a royal.  He knows everything that goes on in this town. He will come when we really need him.’ SooMi thought as she went into the kitchen to get dinner for KwangMi when she came back. SooMi the television to see what was happening in the vampire world.

“A member from the Exotics was killed today.” The news reporter read from his script. “It appears to have been another Striker attack.” SooMi’s eyes widened. She dropped everything and walked towards the TV.

“It seems as though his guardians failed to protect him. The man was identified to be King Jung KwangJoo’s younger brother! The King has the right to judge these guardians now. What will be their fate?” SooMi turned the television off in shock.

“No, no, no, no, no.” SooMi said heading back to the kitchen.

‘The KwangJoo I know won’t do anything bad to them. He never made bad decisions.’ SooMi thought as she went back to cooking. Another thought hit her.

‘Strikers attacked KwangJoo’s brother. They’re close.’ SooMi dropped everything again and went to the basement. She gave a sigh of relief. KwangJoo’s spear was still there. They were still a threat to Strikers.

 

 


Just a bit of background. ^__^ The actual story will happen next chapter.