Chapter 5

Forever Chingu

“Mrs. Park,” Yoona greeted quickly getting off her knees and up to her feet along with Taeyeon.

“I thought I heard screaming. Is everything alright?” she asked.

Yoona eyed Jung Seok but Taeyeon replied first, “It was nothing. I saw a spider in the room so I screamed.”

“Are you alright then?” Leeteuk’s mother continued.

“Yes.” Taeyeon nodded with a small smile.

Leeteuk’s mother finally glanced around the room with a small smile. “Is this the room you’ll be staying in?”

Yoona quickly shot her head back to Leeteuk’s mother’s face. What gave her that impression? Yoona glanced around and noticed Taeyeon’s suitcase on the ground. Was it there before? She wanted to speak up and tell her that Taeyeon was not staying in that room but once Taeyeon opened Yoona knew it was too late.

“Yes.” Taeyeon replied.

Yoona wanted to raise her voice at her friend but was unable to do so in the presence of Leeteuk’s mom.

“Leeteuk wants to have a barbeque before tomorrow morning and since this is your first night here please enjoy yourselves. Don’t mind me or grandma,” she smiled sweetly before turning around and heading back down the hallway.

“So much for the commotion, we almost got caught.”

“You’re alright?” Amber nodded toward Taeyeon who nodded in reply.

“Lets just meet outside in 5,” Gyuri suggested.

After they filed out Siwon finally spoke up, suspicion in his voice, “Kim Taeyeon, did he scare you? Or did something else happen?”  

Yoona turned back to her friend.

“Unni,” Yoona began, “you aren’t staying in this room, are you?”

“Yes.” her solid reply.

“But why?” Yoona had a tone of objection in her voice. “Sleep with me in my room. Oppa is next door. He can help us if we need anything.”

“Do what Yoona says,” Siwon urged.

Taeyeon looked up from the ground. “Why?”

Yoona stared at her friend hard. “It would feel better.”

“Would it?” Taeyeon asked.

Yoona quickly nodded. No one said anything more. The calm of the place played quiet music to their ears cradling each breath they took.

“Do you get it too?” Taeyeon shattered the silence. “That this house is weird.”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Unni.”

“Or is it me that’s scaring you?” Taeyeon frowned as if she were speaking to no one.

Yoona gulped. Her heart felt like flying out of its place. She didn’t understand the crazy world that she’d just stepped into. Taeyeon didn’t seem like Taeyeon anymore. Yoona felt creeped out. Shivers climbed up her spine endlessly.

“Taeyeon ah…” Yoona said.

“We’ll see things through later,” Siwon interrupted, “they’re having a barbeque outside right now. It might be good to relax for a few minutes before we begin talking again.”

Yoona gave Taeyeon a worried glance before she followed Taeyeon out of the room. Siwon closed the after him as he walked out but when they disappeared down the hallway the door crept wide open.

;;;;;

Leeteuk had been fooling around with Shindong outside in the back starting the grill before the others began stepping out of the mansion. Leeteuk stopped waving the spatula in his hand around and quickly composed himself.

“Dude, you never said anything about a barbeque,” Seungho told walking toward him.

“Where’s the meat? I only smell charcoal,” Junsu said sniffing the air.

“Meat is here!” Leeteuk’s mother called coming down the stairs with a large bowl of ribs.

“Here,” Leeteuk handed Shindong the spatula half slapping him across the chest.

“Looks delicious! I can just eat them raw!” Leeteuk exaggerated.

“What’s all this noise out here?” Gyuri asked appearing. “You don’t plan to leave me out of all the fun, do you?”

“Ah! Gyuri!” someone shouted.

After tossing rib after rib onto the grill and persuading his mom to go back in the house Leeteuk continued joking around with the others.

“And then my dad…” Shindong went on.

Something pulled Leeteuk’s attention away and he turned to see Siwon and Yoona walking toward them. When they walked away from the open door Leeteuk saw Taeyeon standing there. Blurred images of a girl from the window staring at him appeared in his mind merging with Taeyeon who stood still in the doorway. He wasn’t quite sure if he was seeing the girl or Taeyeon or both or if he’d even seen them at all. Shaking his head he turned back to see Taeyeon slowly walking toward them.

“Yah! Who are you checking out eh?” Junsu threw an arm around his shoulders.

“Oh…no one.” Leeteuk replied with a small laugh.

Junsu wheeled him back into the circle. Leeteuk couldn’t but glance back at the open door where no one stood. It brought him a strange feeling.

“Me first! Me first!” they all shouted while scrambling for their share of meat.

“My mom prepared them!” Leeteuk screamed extending his arm forward through them to grab his plate.

After a few minutes of struggle Leeteuk was finally able to get to his food. They played a few rounds of random games until someone called for the game ‘Mafia’.

“But we need cards for the game!”

“I have cards.”

“Go get them!”

Pause.

“I don’t want to go alone inside.”

“What are you so freaked out for?”

Someone glanced at Taeyeon and Jung Seok.

“Yah! Forget it! I’ll go with you!”

After Seungho and Amber disappeared into the house Shindong glanced around.

“What was that all about?” he questioned.

“It was nothing,” Siwon replied.

“It’s getting dark already, we should just stop here,” Gyuri suggested.

“What are you guys so chickened about?” Junsu questioned. “Just one more hour then we’ll all clean up and head inside.”

Leeteuk smiled glad that his friends were having fun. He turned to his left to see Taeyeon standing by the grill. She’d been quiet. Not a word had come from her while they all participated in the games.

“We’re back!” Jang Hyuk shouted.

“Taeyeon!” Amber called. “Lets all play this last game together.”

“No…” Taeyeon refused.

“Come on! You’re so quiet back there, it’s as if you’re not even here at all,” Shindong jumped in.

“Just one round, please!”

“What’s the point of coming along if you don’t do anything?”

Leeteuk cleared his throat, “Come on Taeyeon!”

“Ok…” Taeyeon edged toward them before Yoona dragged her toward Siwon.

Leeteuk glanced her and smiled before he turned to the others. Shindong had volunteered to be narrator and once the game proceeded everyone became quiet.

“Killer open your eyes,” Shindong’s voice came.

Junsu opened his eyes.

“Who do you want to kill?” Shindong asked. “Everyone open your eyes. During the night while studying for an exam Park Gyuri’s brain burst open.”

“Yah!” Gyuri shouted.

“What kind of a death is that?” laughed Seungho.

“Don’t worry, Gyuri. We know you cram extra hard for your exams.”

They all laughed.

“Sorry,” Shindong apologized shrugging his shoulders, “it just randomly came to mind. Ok, so who do you think the killer is?”

“It has to be Jang Hyuk!”

“What? Why?” he asked.

“Only killers have goatees.”

“What kind of an assumption is that?”

“In the movies that take place back in time don’t all killers have a mustache or goatee or something?”

Everyone laughed. They argued, bickered, then continued on with the game.

“Nurse open your eyes. Who do you want to heal?” Shindong’s voice appeared through Leeteuk’s ears.

A sudden cold breeze blew pass and everything became silent. Shindong’s voice had been drowned out. Leeteuk frowned and slightly turned his head. He couldn’t hear anything, nothing at all.

Someone’s loud pitched scream woke him back up and he opened his eyes alarmed. Looking left then right then back to his left he saw the others crowding around someone on the ground.

“What…what’s going on?” Leeteuk asked getting up but no one answered him.

“Seizure?!” someone exclaimed, a girl’s voice. “At this time of night?!”

“He has epilepsy, someone call an ambulance,” Shindong ordered.

“I’ll do it,” Jang Hyuk offered reaching for his phone. Then after digging in his pocket he looked around, “Did anyone see my phone?”

“Does someone else have a phone!” Shindong continued.

“What just happened?” Yoona asked, a deep frown on her face. She was standing at the back of the crowd behind Siwon.

“I don’t know…he just grabbed me and started shaking…I don’t know…” Gyuri cried.

“What?…” Leeteuk muttered before he turned to see Taeyeon staring at the rest with bewildered eyes.


***What just happened?

A/N: I will be going to Thailand this Friday June 11, so therefore I will not have access to my stories, nor will I be able to update them. Please be patient until I come back July 2 xD Sorry and Thank You!