Chapter 16

Forever Chingu

Thanks a lot to teekay at sheeressence for the great poster!!


;;;;;

She was standing there in the room again. The pink room with the baby blue carpet and the dresser to the right against the wall. There was the white sliding closet at the foot of the bunk bed to her right. Her sister stared back at her. Her eyes sliding back and forth as if she’d lost it. Half her body lay on the bed and the upper half of her body lay on the clothes they kept in buckets at the head of the bed. The large white pillow lay under her head with the blanket covering the lower half of her body. The pumping heart within her chest thumped in Taeyeon’s chest. Why was the nightmare starting again?

And still she talked as if she had really returned to that time. “Can you turn on the nightlight so I can turn off the lights?”

Her sister did not reply but stared back at her. Her eyes were so petrifying that Taeyeon felt the creeps climb into her skin. For about a second she felt the urge to just reach for the nightlight herself, turn off the lights, and climb onto the top of the bed to sleep.

“What is wrong with you?” Taeyeon asked sharply in a mean way.

Her sister did not reply as if she didn’t know how to speak anymore. Her eyes were killing Taeyeon.

“Do you want to talk about something?” Taeyeon wondered. She was never interested in her sister’s continuous dramas, but something was pulling at her mind that night. “You’re scaring me.”

Her sister’s eyes searched the room before the corner of her lips curved into a smile. A smile that belonged on the Joker’s face. It was scary. The image shifted to downstairs in the dining room with the ugly chandelier hanging over the oval table draped in flowers. Her sister was unable to stand. She looked weak as if she hadn’t eaten for the past couple days. She often laughed and smiled and looked stupid when Taeyeon’s parents had questioned her. Her sister’s replies were too off. Hallucinations…her sister was hallucinating.

“Go upstairs and search your room for drugs!” her mother screeched.

Taeyeon searched and searched completely ransacking the room. In the end she found no trace of any drugs. How long had she been awake? Tracking her steps back to the time when she’d gone to up to the room to sleep was 2 am in the morning. Now…the sky was beginning to brighten up as if she should have been sleeping all along and just woke up. When they finally took her sister to the big hospital she was hospitalized for only 2 hours before she was announced dead. Taeyeon was unable to cry. She felt the thought that she should remain strong because if she broke her parents would break too…but as if they would.

The image quickly dissolved to the graveyard. The shiny wooden casket that had been carved especially for her sister dropped to the ground before her. The worst part Taeyeon remembered in her nightmare.

“Wake up. Wake up.” she muttered to herself gripping her hand into a tight fist. “Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.”

Her sister’s body dropped onto the grass at her feet and stared up at her with those eyes of hers still moving right then to the left, then to the right again, then to the left.

Taeyeon shot up in bed with beads of sweat forming on her forehead in immediate seconds. She panted and she panted. Suddenly getting up from the bed she wanted to go downstairs to be in the company of everyone else. But as she got up to her feet the lights went off and everything was completely dark. She was blinded by the darkness. Her heart pounded so loudly she could it hear it echo in the square room. Fear began to climb into her veins and she was so scared she felt she might cry. The door that was still opened suddenly slammed shut, opened, then shut again, opened, then shut. Every time it opened a shadow of someone appeared in the doorway.

;;;;;

Leeteuk rushed up the stairs in a dash and almost slid pass her room. He found Taeyeon lying in bed with her knees up to her chest, hands in front of her eyes as if blocking herself from seeing something. She was screaming so loudly he wasn’t sure of what to do for a second. How did she manage to scream for so long without taking a breath for some air? He felt deafened when he neared her.

“Kim Taeyeon! Kim Taeyeon!!” he shouted grabbing her shoulders and shook her awake.

After shaking her 4 times her eyes finally opened and she remained silent. At first her eyes moved around the room searching for something before she turned to look at him with eyes so wide he wondered if she was seeing something else. Beads of sweat glittered on her forehead in the small light that appeared from the window next to the bed. Tears formed in her eyes. In such silence he wondered if she was breaking before him. Suddenly sitting up slowly he removed his hands off her shoulders and watched her cover her eyes with her hands. Should he leave?

Not a word came from either of them. Lost about what to do he watched her lean her arms down on her legs propped up on the side of the bed and sobbed. To comfort her he didn’t know how. He slowly raised his hand to put on her shoulder but hesitated and pulled back. In the end he sat down on the floor, back against the wall watching her gather herself.

;;;;;

It was sort of like those horror movies where you see something climbing under your blanket toward you. And along the way you can see a small bump from inside the blanket. However, it was not the case this time around.

Yoona had been sleeping peacefully with only a small headache pounding in her head. She had a strong immune system she was proud of and often bragged about, so she had no worry about falling sick from the being in the rain for so long. Planning to sleep in some more she closed her eyes and drifted into an awfully peaceful dream before her eyes slowly opened to observe the room she was sleeping in.

The small seat by the window was clear in sight and empty, however, the curtain flowed lightly amongst the blank air as if there were a breeze in the room. It wasn’t bright outside but there was a grey light coming into the room.

Yoona could only wonder why she’d woken up that way. Sleeping on her right side to the right side of the bed away from the door that could have been so near, she slightly turned to the left. That was when she began holding her breath. The spot next to her that was empty began to crease. There was an indent starting from the foot of the bed as if someone were climbing onto it. Slowly, bit by bit, it inched nearer and nearer.

The noise of something falling in the room caught her ears, but she could not turn away from what was on the bed. Someone’s footsteps suddenly raced against the floor from one side of the room to the other before she felt a heavy jump on the bed.

Her heart shook, pounding tremendously fast. Unable to mutter a word she gripped onto the bed sheet with her fingers and screamed.

;;;;;

“Where did you just come from?!” questioned his mother getting up from where she was sitting.

There was also someone else in the room. Changmin glanced at him once before offering him a greeting.

“I was at the mansion,” Changmin replied coolly.

“I thought I told you not to go there!” his mother immediately scolded unhappily. “You know very well about things already and you still have to go attract danger?!”

“Mom!” Changmin almost shouted to stop her from going on any further.

His mother became silenced. Changmin finally turned to his uncle sitting at the other sofa.

“Is something wrong?” Changming questioned. “You rarely come over.”

His uncle smiled back as if pleased to hear Changmin talk to him. “I just want to go greet those kids.”

;;;;;

This was the worst she’d felt ever since a year ago since she last had that dream. But what the heck was it she’d seen at the end that sent her screaming? She felt as if she’d really been awake, but was it really just a dream? Taeyeon didn’t want to think anymore. She felt a heavy urge to return to campus and reenroll into summer class. Studying would do her so much better than feel as if there were something around all the time.

She’d manage to dry her tears up a minute after Leeteuk decided that he wouldn’t leave. Still, she was too lazy to sit up so she remained in the position she’d been ever since she’d started crying. It felt sort of nice that he didn’t leave, but the other half of her wanted him to leave so she could be comfortable in silence. But she couldn’t tell him to leave because she barely knew him. What if she told him to leave and hurt his feelings when he wanted to stay to comfort her? Taeyeon almost wanted to snort at herself for worrying about such things.

She finally shot up from leaning against her legs when Yoona’s scream pierced the walls upstairs. Instantly she and Leeteuk turned to look at each other as if the other would know about what was going on. Getting up from where they were sitting at the same time they rushed out the door and down the hallway.

“Where’s her bedroom?” Taeyeon questioned as they ran further away from Yoona’s scream.

Leeteuk paused turning here to there.

“You don’t know?” Taeyeon questioned as if she couldn’t believe him. She sounded almost panicked…or angry in other words.

“I know!” he replied immediately turning to her then bit his bottom lip. “I was just there a few minutes ago.” He walked pass some doors and around the corner. “Over here.”

Taeyeon followed him without question. She could have found her way around herself so why did she follow him in the first place? Yoona’s scream suddenly died out and Taeyeon stopped in her tracks.

“What happened?” she asked, but as if either of them knew the answer. “Hurry, hurry!” she called out.

Leeteuk increased his pace and they finally stopped at the door just next to Siwon’s. The white cream colored door stared back at them. Leeteuk immediately reached for the doorknob, but could not open it. He shook the doorknob a few times before Taeyeon suddenly ran out of patience from watching.

“Move!” she almost shouted pushing Leeteuk aside.

Grabbing the doorknob she found it locked as well. Leeteuk turned to look at her silently with a “I told you so” look, but she ignored him. Taeyeon tried again and again before the door successfully opened and she almost went flying in. They found the lights on and Yoona stood beside it looking around fearfully. Was she tired or were there really dark bags around her eyes?

“Yoona?” Taeyeon called after a long minute.

“Unnie!” Yoona cried suddenly dropping onto her knees covering her eyes just as Taeyeon had done moments ago.

Both Leeteuk and Taeyeon seemed dumbfounded. What…happened? Taeyeon wanted to move forward to hug her innocent friend but her body did not move as her mind commanded her to. Just what was going on that morning?

“Leeteuk! Leeteuk! Leeteuk!” someone screamed from down the hallway.

Taeyeon and Leeteuk both turned to Junsu, who seemed to be panting at the doorway.

“There’s a monk, who’s here to see us.” Junsu explained.

“Monk?” Taeyeon and Leeteuk repeated in unison.

They turned to each other as if waiting for the other to make a decision, but Taeyeon didn’t speak a word. She was only waiting for what Leeteuk would do next.

“Who’s still up here? Siwon and Seungho?” asked Leeteuk.

“Is Seungho up?” asked Taeyeon to Junsu.

“No.”

“Where’s his room?” Taeyeon asked.

“Lets get Siwon then go get Seungho together.” Leeteuk suggested.

After they’ve finished planning everything Taeyeon walked over toward the lost Yoona.

“Lets go,” Taeyeon said calmly taking Yoona’s arm to help her up.

Even as she tried pulling Yoona up Taeyeon found that Yoona could not manage to stand on her own. She’d never seen Yoona’s legs so wobbly and weak. She could barely manage to even stand. Taeyeon felt scared and flashbacks almost came to her.

“Junsu,” Taeyeon called. When he didn’t reply she shouted, “Junsu yah!”

Junsu immediately turned around. “What?”

“Come get Yoona.”

Making a face at Taeyeon Junsu headed over and wrapped Yoona’s arm around his neck before they trudged down the hallway. While they headed down the hallway Leeteuk glanced at Taeyeon almost confused by her scared behavior. Her eyes searched every inch of the wall they passed and whenever possible she took a look behind them. There was once when she almost bumped into him causing the both of them to lose their balance. It was only 15 minutes later that they were able to head back downstairs.

“What took you so long?!’ Gyuri demanded from the bottom of the staircase, but when she saw Siwon, Yoona, and Seungho her impatient face disappeared. “What’s going on?”

“Help us get into the living room first,” Junsu told getting exhausted from helping Yoona. She’d rested totally all of her weight on him.

When they got into the living room Taeyeon found a man nearly in his late 40’s dressed in a light sweater with pants standing next to Changmin. What were they doing there? Who was this man?


***Taeyeon's sister died...how? You'll find out later. And whatever in the world happened to Yoona?