Chapter 36

Forever Chingu

As the others continued on with their speculations with their eyes glued on to the TV, Leeteuk turned to see Yoona and Taeyeon exchanging words with giggles. Curious questions passed through his mind wondering what they were talking about. When another flash of lightning soared through the sky along with its thunderous partner Leeteuk turned to look out the window to see the rain falling heavily. It was the kind of thunder that shook both your mind and body with fear. The others, who were sitting, jumped from the loud thunder in surprise.

“Whoa! That scared me!” Zhoumi told with his hand flying up to his chest.

“It’s just a storm. It’ll pass by and die out soon,” Jang Hyuk told matter-of-factly.

A storm. Exactly how long would it last?

Leeteuk took a quick shower feeling paranoid with himself. Thoughts such as, what if the lights go out while I take a shower, ran through his mind. After jumping out of the shower he dressed himself and headed out for the lively dinner Gyuri always managed to give them. And soon after that everyone else headed off to their own rooms.

;;;;;

“Unnie, I’m scared. Do you want to come sleep with me?” asked Yoona taking a hold of Taeyeon’s hand.

“Siwon’s right next door. Just call him if you’re scared,” Taeyeon told pushing the door to her bedroom open. “I’m tired, go away.”

Yoona pouted before turning away reluctantly. After watching her walk down the hallway Taeyeon closed her door with a smile on her face. The only thing she was able to think about was Changmin. He was seriously driving her crazy. Why was she so attracted to him?

Switching the lights off Taeyeon climbed under the covers and silently drifted off into a calm dream before the noise of something falling down onto the ground woke her up. It sounded like a bunch of CDs fallen onto the ground. At first Taeyeon did not know what to think of it when she opened her eyes and tried to adjust her sight to the darkness of the room. She focused on telling herself not to freak out but then it failed slightly after she finally jumped up and turned the lights on.

The floor was clean and there was no sign of anything that had seemed to fall. Where had the noise come from then? Thunder struck the sky and Taeyeon jumped from the loud booming noise. Once her back touched the door she thought she heard someone creeping around in the hallway with light footsteps. Who was there? Who’d be walking around at night in this kind of weather?

A sudden knock on her door frightened her and Taeyeon almost felt her heart fly out literally. The pace of her breath increased amazingly as she whipped around to stare at the white door. Her eyes edged down to the ground where she saw no visible shadow outside the door. Should she open the door or not? Paranoid thoughts scrambled through her mind and before she was able to come to a decision the lights went out.

;;;;;

Leeteuk had been sitting on his bed trying to read a book to help him keep his mind off other things when his phone rang. Wondering who’d call him so late at night he picked his phone up.

“Mom?”

“How’s everything going over there? Are you kids having fun?” it was his mother.

Leeteuk felt surprised with himself about how relieved he felt hearing his mother’s voice before the thunder broke out in the background.

“Is there a storm over there?” his mother asked.

“Uh…yes. A thunderstorm.”

“A thunderstorm during summer?”

“Yes. We’ve been having a lot of storms lately, mom. Last week there was a flood and then it keeps raining.” Leeteuk explained.

His mother didn’t reply as if she were carefully observing the situation, “Teuk, you…you’re wearing the necklace I gave you, right?”

Without much thought he reached his hand up to grab the pendant from around his neck, “Yes.”

“Don’t lose it. Keep it on you at all times,” his mother told.

“Mom, how are you?” he switched the subject.

“Ah…grandma and I just got situated into the new home. Your grandma is doing some examinations right now.”

“Is she ok?”

“Yes, she should be fine. If results turn out as predicted then the surgery will take place next week and two weeks after she recovers we’ll be flying back.” his mother explained. “Teuk…are things really fine over there?” she asked again as if she didn’t believe his first answer.

Leeteuk ran the last few days over in his mind. Other than the arguments everyone had been having the only things that appealed to him were the things that happened to Taeyeon. How to explain those to his mother? When he opened his mouth to speak the lights suddenly went out and the line went dead.

“Mom? Hello? Mom!” Leeteuk called then finally hung up glancing around.

Getting up he used his cell phone to light his way toward the light switch, which failed to turn the lights back on. Assuming that the storm had killed the electricity Leeteuk stepped out of his room to find the mansion enfolded in pitch black. Sarcastically, the sight almost surprised him.

Inching his way around by touching the walls he made his way to the stairs. He’d find everyone else first then they could all go look for the power outlet together. That way they would all be together and wouldn’t lose one another.

;;;;;

Frozen in spot Taeyeon’s mind ran out of thoughts. She couldn’t move. Was it fear that had crept upon her slyly like a lion to its prey? She gulped and could only stare at the white door, which had long gone black in front of her. At that moment the locked door seemed to open by itself silently. Even though she was standing in the middle of the dark, which blinded her itself, she swore it was true that the door really opened itself. She could feel someone breathing against her neck and hear footsteps in the room. Did any of it make sense at that moment? No, but she knew someone was there.

Her heart pounded loudly vibrating through the walls shaking the floor or at least she thought it was shaking. She heard a muffled cry escape and immediately her hands flew up to cover . The room became deathly silent and almost calm as if she had just been hallucinating. With hands flying forward she tried to unlock the door and pull it open, but maybe it was because she was frustrated confused in that moment that her hands wouldn’t work the way she wanted them to. Instead she just fumbled with the doorknob and got nowhere near opening the door to escape. Because her brain wasn’t working she didn’t know what she was doing wrong and in the end frustrated cries came out of . The footsteps became louder and nearer to her and just when it sounded right behind her Taeyeon successfully pulled open her door running out but instead she ran into something falling forward onto the ground.

Taeyeon’s forehead slightly collided with the ground but the rest of her body didn’t hurt as much because she felt a cushion underneath her. It was only then that she realized a phone lying on the floor with its light slowly dying out.

“Ow,” she heard someone mumble.

Turning her head to her right she could make out the outline of someone lying by her. At first she thought she was seeing things, but then quickly realized that she was lying atop of someone. That person got up almost at the same moment as she sat up and she could feel herself half sliding against his body. The only words she could describe that moment with was: awkward. What was even worse was the both of them had frozen on spot realizing that they were sitting in an awkward position.

Silence hindered the air giving them both much burden.

“Uh…I’m sorry,” Taeyeon broke the silence getting up to her feet.

He didn’t say anything but reached for his phone after getting up and it was only then that Taeyeon recognized him with the light from the phone shining across his face. Her mind went blank and only embarrassment covered her like a thick blanket.

“Are you ok?” he asked. “Did something happen in your room?”

He asked her coolly as if he knew what she was feeling. It was as if he knew something did happen and he wouldn’t think she was crazy if she told him the truth. However, Taeyeon chose not to say anything. She watched as he walked toward her room and poked his head in. No reaction whatsoever came from him, but when thunder resonated through the sky with lightning flashing outside the window Taeyeon felt her heart leap forward. Her legs hurried forward and her hands clutched onto Leeteuk’s arms as if she was hiding behind him…which was what she was doing.

Leeteuk slightly turned his head around but didn’t say anything. Wondering if she should even be doing that Taeyeon took her hands off him apologizing again. But in that moment Leeteuk took her hand with a gentle grip and headed out of the room without a word. Taeyeon glanced down at their hands in the dark but did not say anything. She felt safe…holding hands with someone at least told her that she wasn’t alone in the dark.

;;;;;

Yoona awoke with lightning flashing through the sky nonstop. And every time it lit up the sky everything in the room became visible again. She awoke when she thought she felt something cold touch her feet. It left her feet feeling as if she’d been soaking it in cold water for hours. Only half awake Yoona felt an urge to just fall back asleep.

When she almost drifted off into peaceful dreamland she felt something tug at her feet once more waking her up this time. Yoona sat up halfway on her bed while lightning struck the sky outside her window and glanced around the room to find that she was definitely alone. Ready to lay back down she felt someone tug at her feet again and this time she was dragged off the bed bringing the bed cover along with her.

Screams flewout of immediately before she felt someone or more like something attack her invisibly. It felt like a large furry cat pawing down at her. Yoona threw her arms up to protect herself unable to pick up any thoughts of escape in her mind. Everything was a blur, she wasn’t able to think clearly. Was she going to die? What in the world was happening?

“Yoona!” a familiar voice scream from the pounding door. “Yoona! Are you alright?!”

Yoona heard herself cry before she opened her eyes to find herself still in bed with the covers over her.

“Yoona!” the voice continuously screamed from the door.

Yoona glanced around the room with the heavy noise of the rain splattering against the window. Suddenly realizing it was a dream Yoona took a breath of relief but it didn’t help her feel any better. The dream had felt too real for it to have been just a dream. It really felt like she’d been dragged off the bed then attacked by something invisible. Alerting herself to get out of bed she immediately threw the covers off and hurried for the door. However, she first realized that her cheeks were soaked with tears. Quickly wiping them away she unlocked the door.  

“Oppa,” she called when she saw Siwon standing in front of her door.

“What’s going on?! Why were you screaming?” he asked worried.

“It was just a dream,” Yoona replied unsure, “what’s going on?”

“I think we’re having a blackout,” Siwon explained before they heard footsteps coming from down the hallway.

They turned to meet up with Taeyeon and Leeteuk heading toward them. But even so, Yoona saw something that surprised her the most. Were Leeteuk and Taeyeon really holding hands? Or were her eyes playing with her? However, when Leeteuk and Taeyeon stopped before them and started talking to Siwon, Yoona was sure then that they were really holding hands.

“Are you alright, Yoona?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yoona,” Siwon nudged her bringing her back to them.

“Oh…I’m…alright,” Yoona replied but her attention changed when Taeyeon didn’t take her eyes off her. “Why?”

Taeyeon reached her hand forward and lightly tugged at Yoona’s shirt, “What’s this?”

Yoona looked down at the part of her shirt that Taeyeon was touching to find 6 long scratch marks. She gulped feeling her heart beat in horror.

“Are you sure it was just a dream?” Siwon sounded even more alarmed.

Yoona glanced at them unsure of what to say. She didn’t even know what had been real and what had not been real.


***Finally a call from Teuk's mother. I've been meaning to put that in earlier but I forgot about it and now seemed just like the perfect timing. It's getting scarier! I sort of got the creeps writing this chapter and the next chapter. Gotta keep reminding myself that this is just a story.

***Was Yoona's dream real? Well....I guess it was real. But....Leeteuk took Taeyeon's hand! =D

***And having the lights go out while you're taking a shower is scary, I've had it happen to me once, and also when you hear something fall onto the ground but when you turn the lights on to see what fell you actually find that nothing did fall. These things are scary!

***Guess I will only be available to update and write weekends now :( and if i do update on weekdays then consider yourself lucky