Chapter 47

Forever Chingu

“In the blank of the night, we meet again,” Zhoumi greeted.
 
Leeteuk opened his mouth desperate to shout or make some noise at the least, however, he could only utter a dying scream that had gone quiet. Zhoumi smiled again, his eyes sparkling with an evil mischievous glint. Slowly placing his large palm over Leeteuk’s mouth Zhoumi reached for the pillow beside Leeteuk’s head. Leeteuk began thrashing around kicking his legs about to free himself from Zhoumi’s grasp, but for some reason Zhoumi’s hold seemed stronger than ever. It felt like a block of stone grounding him down.

“No!” a voice somewhere within Zhoumi screamed. “No!”

His grip on Leeteuk loosened then tightened then loosened then tightened. What was going on?

“No! Stop it!” the voice screamed again.

Flashes appeared in Zhoumi’s eyes. Before him Leeteuk transitioned into a black room then the black room transitioned back to Leeteuk’s fearful stare. Zhoumi immediately became confused before his thoughts out then he became conscious again and once more his mind became blank.

;;;;;

Taeyeon opened her eyes as she thought she heard footsteps pass by her bedroom ever so slowly. Who was walking around the mansion at this time of night? Turning onto her side so that she was facing the window Taeyeon closed her eyes again almost slipping off into a dream before something knocked her awake again. Now lying on her back Taeyeon stared at the deep ceiling reminiscing moments with Changmin and running everything she’d learned over in her head. What Yoona had told her meant Kang Shin Ae was dead…so she was literally a ghost haunting…Leeteuk? Or did she want something from this area? Did she die an unhappy death? What would Leeteuk have to do with her?

Why did the visit to the mansion have to turn sour so quickly? Taeyeon sighed. Changmin’s childhood…

After a long moment of thinking Taeyeon finally thought of it. Could the part of the picture hanging in Changmin’s living room that had been ripped out be the girl that had died? The girl that Changmin and Leeteuk hated each other over? Could Changmin possibly have any pictures of her? Any pictures at all of his childhood with Leeteuk and that girl? Anything that would explain why they had removed her existence and never said her name?

Before Taeyeon lingered on with her thoughts she sat up in bed wondering if it had been Zhoumi, who had walked pass minutes earlier. Unlocking her door with cell phone in hand to light up the hallway Taeyeon first glanced around. The corridor was empty. Only the looming darkness of the fog appeared before her. It was a regret that no light switch was near her bedroom even though her bedroom was the first door to be reached after climbing the stairs.

Turning toward the stairs Taeyeon made her way down to find the hallway just as empty as the one upstairs. Who was it that had walked pass her room? Finally making her way to Leeteuk’s room she entered the hallway cautiously glancing around her every few seconds.

Finally stopping before Leeteuk’s door Taeyeon gathered her courage to knock on the door. However, before any move could be made the lights suddenly blinding her for a second.

“What are you doing?” a voice startled her so that she jumped from where she was standing. Turning around Taeyeon glanced at Zhoumi, who, for some reason was not wearing his glasses. She thought he couldn’t see without glasses.

“You’re down here?” Taeyeon questioned.  

“I was hungry. Did you think I came to hurt Leeteuk?” Zhoumi questioned.

“You don’t need to sound so aggressive,” Taeyeon told.

“I didn’t do anything,” Zhoumi promised. “I feel tired now. I’m going to go to sleep.”

Taeyeon didn’t say anything, but watched Zhoumi walk pass her and head up the stairs. She half followed him and stopped at the end of the hallway to make sure she could hear his footsteps really travel up the stairs. After his footsteps disappeared Taeyeon wondered to herself if Zhoumi had been telling the truth. To find out for herself she walked back down the hallway and stopped before Leeteuk’s room. The still door stared back at her waiting for her to open the door and look inside. Finding the door unlocked she opened it easily to find Leeteuk laying ever so peacefully on his bed still deep asleep with his chest moving up and down in a patterned manner.

Closing the door shut Taeyeon returned to her bedroom.

;;;;;

Gyuri opened her eyes in the dark while laying on her side with her long hair sprawled out underneath her. Had she really outdone it earlier? Had she been wrong? How could what she saw with her two eyes be wrong? There was no way she’d jump to a reasonless conclusion. She refused to believe it. Just thinking about Junsu and the things he always said to her just simply made her angry. In what way did it make sense that he was trying to help Leeteuk from Zhoumi, who was trying to kill him?

“Argh! Forget it,” Gyuri mumbled to herself.

Closing her eyes again she patiently waited for the sun to rise up in the sky, however, just when she closed her eyes she thought she heard the door behind her squeak open. Opening her eyes again she focused them on the darkness before her before slowly turning around to see that the door hadn’t opened at all. Shaking her head to console herself that it was nothing she turned back around resting her head back on the pillow. The moment her head landed on the pillow she felt herself freeze with her body turning cold. Was she seeing things or was there really someone there lying next to her? The white eyes staring back at her with a crooked smile. Gyuri opened to scream but found that she could not move at all. It felt like her energy was suppressed. She tried to keep her eyes open but it felt like something was forcing them closed. What was going on?

Gyuri sat up in bed moments later to the wake of the sun high in the sky. Loose hair over her shoulders and her heart raced continuously. Glancing to her right she saw no one. Turning to her left she saw no one. The closed door quickly got her attention before she jumped off the bed escaping the room.   

Running down the hallway everything seemed like a flash pounding through her memory as she passed the rooms. Flashbacks from somewhere flew through her memory confusing her immediately. Wild green trees, a blue water, laughter, and blurred faces of various peoples she did not know spun through her head. She didn’t know those people…where had they come from?

She found herself sliding across the floor seconds later only coming to a halt against the hard floor. Re-opening her eyes she felt her heart beating even faster than she ever recalled. Her body felt as if she’d just gone through a terrifying experience of some sort. Panting, breathing hard, trying to gasp all the air she could. It kind of felt like her soul wasn’t where her body was. What was the feeling? Spinning confusion flustered her brain.

“What…are you sleepwalking?” a voice appeared.

Gyuri looked up from where she was lying then to her right and left. No one.

“What the…” Gyuri muttered lost.

“You know…you’re kind of heavy,” the voice reappeared.

Gyuri frowned and glanced around again. Then realizing she’d missed a spot she looked down to feel exasperated. Jumping up to her feet she glared at Junsu as he got to his feet, standing up before her.

“What are you doing?!” Gyuri accused.

“I got knocked down by you of course!”

“H…why would that happen?”

“Are you acting naïve or are you stupid?”

Gyuri bit down on her bottom lip, “No one is as stupid as you are! Idiot!”

With that Gyuri stomped back to her room.

;;;;;

“Where’s Gyuri?” Yoona questioned when Junsu made his way back to the table.

“Why did you guys make me go in the first place?! Expecting an apology from her is like expecting a bear to become a dog!” Junsu snapped sitting down at the half empty table.

“I was positive that she would have thought things over,” Siwon pointed out, “she’s not the unreasonable type.”

“You say that after what happened yesterday? Where’s your sense of reasoning?” Junsu asked sarcastically.

“Hey, watch your mouth,” Yoona warned.

Junsu pressed his lips together then grabbed his spoon.

“Well…other than Gyuri, where’s Leeteuk, Zhoumi, and Taeyeon?” questioned Seungho.

“Unnie’s out,” Yoona responded, “I’m not sure about the others. Oppa, where’s Leeteuk?”

“If he was going anywhere, he didn’t tell me,” Siwon told.

“Are they…ok?” Yoona wondered.

“We should go look. It might not be good to leave Zhoumi and Leeteuk alone right now,” Jang Hyuk suggested.

Junsu glanced up from the table as the rest got up.

“You coming along?” questioned Seungho.

“No.”

;;;;;

Taeyeon’s step came to a stop once her feet landed in front of Changmin’s empty yard. Last minute hesitations were making their way into her brain. Would it be alright to go in? What if she were to encounter his mother or the monk? Now, starting to pace back and forth in front of his house she began to debate about it.

The bark of a dog grabbed her attention causing her to turn just in time to see Dark trotting toward her.

;;;;;

Leeteuk stopped before the rows of shrubs. It was there. It had to be there. He was sure of it. Walking through the green shrubs he found himself standing before the down-sloping hill. He remembered this place, this scene so clearly. Nostalgic feelings overpowered him as he inched down the hill one step at a time. While making his way down he glanced around him as if it were his first time coming back in a century. Taking in the precious scenery of the wild green trees, the flowers overflowing across the deep green grass, and the birds ceaselessly flying around. Finally stopping on even ground he turned to see the cabin before him. This cabin…when had he seen it before? Feeling his eyebrows twitch he tried with his utmost energy to search back through the misty memory. And it slowly came.

However, in his memory he had made his way there himself. No one had shown him the way. Bright flashes of a blinding light appeared in front of his eyes jabbing his mind painfully. Shutting his eyes scrunching his face up in pain Leeteuk felt something else. He didn’t know…but he was sure that there had been someone else who had been there with him…all along.

“Leeteuk.” he thought he heard someone call his name but when he opened his eyes to look around he didn’t see anyone.

Slowly turning back to face the cabin he found himself staring at the dark wooden boards that were slowly wearing out. Moving forward he reached for the knob twisting it open. He was faced with emptiness staring back at him. So…what had he been hoping to look for by coming here in the first place?

Walking back up the hill he headed down the road back to the mansion to find Siwon hurrying down the front door steps. A smile crossed his face when Siwon sighted him.

“Dude! Where have you been?” questioned Siwon.

“Walking around,” Leeteuk replied with his voice husky and weak. “Something the matter?”    

Siwon smiled and shook his head, “Just that the main characters were missing from the lunch table this afternoon.” Siwon stared at Leeteuk as if he were suspecting him of something but instead said, “Come on, lets head back in.”

Leeteuk turned his head as Siwon walked by, “Wait.”

Siwon stopped and turned.

“I have something to talk to you about,” Leeteuk told.

Siwon nodded walking back toward him.

“I think I like Taeyeon,” Leeteuk confessed, “can you help me?”

A smirk crawled onto his lips before Siwon glanced down the road, “She’s not here right now…but I have an idea.”

Moments later Yoona was shrieking, “No! Oppa, I cannot do that!”

“Come on,” Siwon persisted, “don’t you care about our friends’ happiness?”

“How is that happiness, oppa? How can you consider forcing a type of ‘happiness’?” Yoona questioned turning away from where she was sitting in the living room.

“She has to have some kind of feelings for him,” Siwon added, “I’m sure of it. Yoona, just call her back.”

“No! Oppa, I will not do it! Unnie already has someone deep in her heart,” Yoona shook her head. “I’m not going to team up with you and Leeteuk. No, never.”

“Yoona,” Siwon called.

Yoona still did not turn back. She heard Siwon heaving the deepest sigh she’d ever heard from him.

When she still did not turn to give him the answer he wanted he said, “Alright, fine, but I’m also telling you that Taeyeon doesn’t adore that next door neighbor kid the way you think she does.”

“Oppa!” Yoona spun around. “You don’t even know it!”

Siwon pressed his lips together, “She doesn’t. I can tell you that infatuation is certainly different from truly caring for someone else. You don’t want to see her being unable to decide between two men, do you?”

Yoona frowned at Siwon clearly understanding that he had a point. “No. I don’t want to force unnie unless I know she does have something for Leeteuk. Sorry, oppa, but you’re on your own.”

Siwon got up and walked pass her leaving Yoona’s thoughts trailing on.

;;;;;

“Taeyeon,” Changmin smiled grabbing onto Dark’s collar to hold him back just in time.

“Uh…” Taeyeon smiled hesitantly from where she stood feeling unsure about whether she should have hid from him or should have greeted him cheerily.

“What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon glanced around as if there were someone else listening to them or waiting for her to leave. “I…was wondering some things.”

“Wondering some things? Like what?”

Should she say it? Would it be alright to ask about it? She looked at the ground then up to his face. His face was deeply bruised up, but he was still able to smile because of it. In order to get things over with Taeyeon decided to on with it without fearing the outcome of rejection.

“Do you…have any childhood albums I can borrow?”

“Childhood albums? Like pictures?”

Taeyeon slowly nodded still pushing herself on.

“Sure. There must be some around.”

“Can I see them?”

“What do you need them for?”

“Uh…I just want to borrow them for a bit. You know…look at them and stuff…”

Changmin glanced at her before smiling again then led her to the house. Taeyeon stopped for a second when they walked pass the large picture hanging in the living room before following him up the shiny polished stairs by the wall.

“Your mother is not home?” she questioned.

“She and my dad left this morning to go into town for some supplies. My uncle must have left with them,” Changmin replied turning to look at her. “I’m glad you stopped by.”

Taeyeon found herself smiling with his last sentence.

When they reached the top of the staircase she saw a wide winding hallway before her with lights lighting everything up from the ceiling above. Closed dark doors lined the hallways on both sides with a long red carpet running across the floor. On the creamy white walls were some portraits of family and relatives. It looked simply glamorous.

“It’s really nice up here,” Taeyeon commented.

“I agree.” Changmin told. “My dad remodeled everything as a reminder that our family should remain together.”

At the mention of his dad remodeling everything together Taeyeon recalled the reason why everything should be white.

“Why a reminder?”

“Mom and dad…argued a lot when I was younger.” Changmin kept his answer short. “I keep most albums in my room because there’s no other place for them. My family’s a packrat so we keep many things we don’t need.”

Changmin stopped at the fourth door to the right and opened it revealing his neat bedroom. A queen sized bed with red covers sat against the wall to the right with a night table next to it. A long dresser drawer lined against the wall to the left and a large oval carpet on the ground in front of the bed. A large window carved into the wall stood in front of her allowing in a beautiful scenery of the landscape outside full of colorful trees.

Too amazed by the sight Taeyeon walked in without being hesitant but once Changmin’s voice reached her ears again Taeyeon spun around to see him searching through a wooden box. Looking around once more she realized that she was in a man’s bedroom…a closed room full of privacy. Her cheeks almost flushed red from the realization of what could happen next.

“Here it is,” Changmin got up with a large album in hand.

Taeyeon nodded walking back toward him taking the album from him.

“Thanks, I’ll return it as soon as possible,” Taeyeon told trying to hurry for the door without seeming weird.

Taeyeon could feel her eyes move from the ground up to his captivating eyes.

“Oh no…” Taeyeon mumbled within her head.

She felt lost with her heart slowly pumping the rushing blood throughout her body. Before she could realize it Changmin had taken the album from her, placed it on the night table beside the bed, and was leaning in toward her so closely. One peck on the lips, another one, and another one led to a slow kiss then to a deeper one. It felt as if her arms had a life of their own as they trailed up his muscular back.

Was this how it was supposed to be? Was this the kind of feeling someone felt when they were in love?

The bed cushioned her bed once they dropped down onto it and she felt the moment fly by in a blur before she was able to catch herself from falling into deep regret. His hands ran everywhere from her neck to her sides. Once she felt them running down her thighs Taeyeon opened her eyes and slightly pushed him away.

Changmin looked down at her in surprise before Taeyeon sat up looking at him bewildered and lost, “I’m sorry.”

Jumping up from the bed she grabbed the album before hurrying out of the room.


***This is my update for this week ^^ Since Thanksgiving break starts on Wednesday for me I'll be sure to update sometime soon! Hope you enjoyed this Chappy ^^