Chapter 4

Forever Chingu

He glanced at his classmates then followed his mother out into the long hallway and followed her to the kitchen. She quickly turned to face him without giving him the time to check out the kitchen properly.

“Teukie,” she said pulling a necklace from her pocket, “wear this.”

Leeteuk stared at the cross she handed him and frowned. “Why? You know I don’t like to wear those stuff.”

“Aish, just think of it as one of those accessories you always wear,” she muttered putting it around his neck, “keep it on at all times. It’ll keep you safe.”

“Mom, what’s wrong? You sound weird, scary to be exact.” Leeteuk told.

“I will come back as soon as the treatment ends,” she told then whispered, “if anything is to happen you and your friends leave as soon as possible. I really didn’t want to bring you back, but grandma said it’d be fine. Now, I don’t think it’s going to be fine at all…oh gosh…I feel so bad…I don’t want to leave you here…why don’t you and your friends go back to Seoul?”

“What?” Leeteuk asked.

His mother rubbed her face as if frustrated. “You’ll be fine, right?”

Seeing his mother freak out was something he hadn’t seen before even if she’d been so uptight about him not entering the house.

“Is there…something about me being here?” Leeteuk asked.

His mother stared at him a long time and just hugged him.

“Persevere for me. Your grandma says there’s a Buddha nearby, go see him often ok?” she asked letting him go and smoothing out his hair. “You’re so messy.”

“Mom…you’re weird.” Leeteuk commented then added, “I’ll survive. It’s just staying in this mansion. How worse can things get while I’m here besides partying?”

She smiled at him.

When they walked back his friends all went to explore and choose their own rooms. His mother led him to the first room down the first hallway.

“I’ve prepared your bed and cleaned out the closet for you,” she explained.

Leeteuk glanced at the wooden floor then the two small windows that were connected to his left. The sliding closet stood next to a little desk with a TV on it.

“Ooh…does this work?” he asked walking toward it and running his hand over the side of it.

“It does,” she replied.

Leeteuk turned around to glance at the king sized bed with blue sheets and pillows covered with blue pillowcases. A small night stand with a lamp stood next to the bed.

“When is your flight again mom?” Leeteuk asked.

“Tomorrow morning.”

“So you and grandma will be here for dinner, right?” he asked.

“Of course.”

;;;;;

“Once again, I end up staying strong. I can’t leave the position I’ve been in all my life…to be a quiet reserved person. Searching my memories I end up in this part of my brain. Arguments, crying, someone talking gibberish, those eyes looking at me…they scared me but I couldn’t cry. I felt jammed like someone pushed me into the middle of it all. Those eyes on that face that belonged to that person I once knew so well…and that room reminded me of the home I shared with that person…”

Taeyeon stared into the small room that looked like the room she’d shared with her sister when she was still in grade school. Her sister who was six years older must have been 14 turning 15 at that time. A small almost narrow room, a closet with sliding doors at the foot of the twin bed. A square window with white curtains was built into the wall the long side the twin bed was against. A bright brown dresser was placed against the wall to the right when she walked in. The room was a light pink with a baby blue carpet on the floor. Why did the room feel so similar?

It was so silent that she just kept staring into the room. Suddenly the loud thump of something falling in the closed closet made her jump and she found herself staring at the white painted doors of the closet. Words ran in her mind but her body wouldn’t react. The silence rung in her ears like it never had before. The white curtain began flying up and about in the air and Taeyeon finally noticed the cold chill. She inched a step forward then another and another then jumped when she heard something behind her. Spinning around she stared about the room up at the wooden planks on nailed in holdings on the wall that served as a shelf. Moving her eyes she glanced at the open door. It was nothing. Taking a sigh Taeyeon began to head out of the room and it all seemed so still and a bit calm at first. She was finally beginning to rest her beating heart from hearing whatever had happened earlier when the open door that had been wide open suddenly slammed shut. All Taeyeon was able to recall during that fast forwarded moment was someone screaming at her before she began shrieking herself.

;;;;;

Yoona walked into the room next to Siwon’s with mouth gaped wide open. Walking into the middle of the large square room she spun around a little. Wide and spacey, it felt free. The room was so large that it felt as if she were really on a vacation somewhere far away. A small seat by the fancy window gave her a full view of the backyard. The king sized bed sat to her right against the white walls. A blue oval carpet sat on the floor to the right of the bed as if inviting her to step up onto the bed.

“Wow, isn’t this nice?” Siwon asked setting her suitcase down.

Yoona turned around exclaiming, “Oppa! Look! Isn’t this awesome?!” She pointed toward the small seat built into the wall by the window.

“Should we switch rooms?” Siwon suggested.

“No!” Yoona pulled her suitcase toward the closet and suddenly walked back toward him. “Oppa, don’t you think…Leeteuk’s grandma is a bit scary? And his mother…she feels weird. It’s like she didn’t want any of us to come at all.”

“You’re just being paranoid,” Siwon pointed out. “You’re thinking too much.”

“Do you think…this house is actually…haunted?” Yoona asked with eyes wide open.

Siwon stared at her silently contemplating her words and before he could even answer a loud scream infiltrated the halls. Yoona spun her attention toward the open door and froze before she recognized the scream.

“That’s Taeyeon!” Yoona shouted before dashing down the hall with Siwon after her.

The hallway seemed so long now. Besides her own heart beating she could hear every step of her foot land on the ground. Her room was practically on the opposite side of the house where Taeyeon’s room was. For a moment Yoona forgot they were staying in a mansion…and for her to hear Taeyeon’s scream from all the way on the other side must have meant…

Yoona stopped panting when she finally reached an opening to another hallway. She glanced at the hallway before her then to the hallway to her left. Where?

“It’s from down here,” Siwon said nodding toward the hallway to her left.

Yoona nodded and followed him down literally running.

“Unni!” she screamed.

And a second later they finally came to a white door that was left a slit open. They could hear a voice and someone still screaming. Siwon pushed the door open to find Jung Seok, one of the random students who’d tagged along, on the ground in front of Taeyeon who had hands over her face.

“Yah!” Jung Seok bellowed.

Yoona barged her way in and pushed him away sitting with knees on the ground staring at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon ah,” Yoona called placing her hand on Taeyeon’s shoudler. “It’s ok.”

Taeyeon suddenly quieted slowly removing her hands from her face. Her eyes were stuck to the ground before she finally allowed herself to look up and meet with Yoona’s eyes.

“Who…” Taeyeon mumbled before suddenly turning to look at Jung Seok with horrid eyes.

“Don’t…look at me like that,” he muttered. “You’re freaky.” He suddenly got up from the ground to make for the door but Siwon blocked his way. “G…get out of my way.”

“You’re not going anywhere,” Siwon warned.

Suddenly they heard footsteps from down the hallway and faces appeared behind Siwon.

“What happened?!” Park Gyuri exclaimed.

“What are you guys up to?” questioned Amber.

“You…did something, didn’t you?” Junsu asked, a small frown on his face staring at Jung Seok.

The guilty stare on his face gave him away.

“What did you do?” Amber questioned.

“N…nothing.” Jung Seok stuttered.

“Seriously man. We’re all adults here,” Seungho stated.

“I…I…j…just wanted to…j…joke a bit.” Jung Seok started.

“Are you stupid? Do you want to make this first day here a mess?”

“Dude, what the heck!”

“You scared a girl and you think it’s fun?!”

“We’re staying in a mansion for all you know! We came here to have fun not to scare the freak out of each other!”

“But I didn’t mean it!” Jung Seok defended. “I was just playing around.”

“This is not fooling around, man.”

“I’m already getting the creeps here…”

“Are you serious? This is just a house not some sort of freak mansion.”

“Yea, don’t get paranoid.”

“If Leeteuk’s mother finds out that we’re just fooling around they’re going to kick us out then my whole summer will be ruined!”

“Jung Seok, are you stupid?!”

“I said it was just a joke!” Jung Seok shouted.

“What you did is not a joke! Do you know how serious it is to scare someone like that?”

Yoona turned to quickly glanced at them before turning back to Taeyeon who still had her horrified eyes on Jung Seok. For some reason Yoona felt her own heart beat out of fear uncertainly. Taeyeon’s eyes searched the room then stared at the window.

“Someone close the window,” Yoona said.

No one listened. They were too busy arguing amongst themselves.

“Yah!” Yoona screamed silencing them all making them turn to her. “Someone close that window.”

Everyone eyed Jung Seok silently pressuring him. Slowly he walked pass Yoona and Taeyeon then lifted the window up then pushed it down. After a small clank the cold chill was locked out. Footsteps resonated off the walls before Leeteuk’s mother’s voice came.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

The students quickly made way for her.


***That italicized part is Taeyeon's reflection-you'll find out more about her once the story really beings progressing. Notice that Teuk's mother is giving him a cross to wear, his mother certainly knows something especially with the way she's speaking to him. And something for you to think about: Did Taeyeon actually see Jung Seok or did she see someone else?

A/N: gosh, I really don't know if it's this story but I sort of think this story is bad luck -_- a lot of bad things have happened once I started this story :( maybe you can depict which parts are from my real life ^^ I don't dare write this story when I'm alone at night