Chapter 27

Forever Chingu

Was he being sarcastic? Leeteuk glanced at Taeyeon from the corner of his eyes. Why wasn’t she saying anything? Why was she only desperately looking at him?

“Unnie!” Yoona’s voice bellowed in his ears.

He turned to find Yoona, Siwon, and Seungho walking toward them after their long run. Leeteuk, for some reason, looked at Yoona when she shifted her eyes toward Changmin and Taeyeon with a smile.

“Taeyeon, what are you doing? Suddenly running off like that.” Siwon wanted to know. “What’s wrong? You can just tell us.”

Taeyeon didn’t turn around until a moment later, “I want to be alone.”

“Alone?” Seungho repeated. “With…” Seungho pointed to Changmin.

Yoona turned to him warning him to put his hand finger down.

“Are you sure?” Siwon asked again. “You aren’t that close to him…”

“If Taeyeon wants some time alone, then give her the time.” Yoona cut in. “Unnie, we’ll see you later.”

“Wha…what’s with you all of a sudden?” Siwon questioned when Yoona tried pulling him back.

“Come on, Leeteuk!” Yoona called. When Leeteuk didn’t move Yoona ordered, “Seungho, can’t you try to help us get Leeteuk back to the mansion?”

“Uh…yea…” Seungho muttered confused and lost in the moment then glanced at Leeteuk.

Why? Did Yoona know something about Changmin and Taeyeon that she didn’t want to tell them? And why did Taeyeon want to be alone…when she wouldn’t totally be alone with Changmin? He didn’t, for some reason, want to leave Taeyeon with him. If he allowed Taeyeon to stay behind with Changmin it would be a considered a loss to him in front of Changmin. This anger, hate, and competition he felt like he was having with Changmin didn’t make him feel so great. Changmin only glanced at him once before he wheeled Taeyeon into the gate of his home.

“Dude, what are you doing?” asked Seungho. “Why are you so tensed up?”

Leeteuk couldn’t move. Not when he felt like he’d lost a totally big brain battle.

“Come on,” Seungho continued taking his arm turning him around.

That necklace Taeyeon wore…he’d seen it before. Changmin had one exactly like it. He suddenly remembered that fact. He’d worn it when he was a kid and it was Changmin’s lucky charm…Leeteuk remembered.

“Wha…what?” Seungho asked when Leeteuk suddenly stopped in his tracks.

Leeteuk turned around as if he’d forgotten something precious.

“What’s gotten into you?” Seungho questioned.

“What are you doing?” Yoona shouted over to him.

Seungho turned back to Yoona, who was far ahead with Siwon still in her grasp. “Oh…oh. Hold on!” Seungho turned back to Leeteuk. “Why? What’s wrong?” Seungho followed Leeteuk’s strong gaze then asked, “Do you not like that guy? Or do you like Taeyeon?”

And to think he had worried about Taeyeon being in danger. Taeyeon wouldn’t talk to him, obviously. Of course, that fact stood out so well-that they barely knew each other. Leeteuk felt sort of cold and angry at himself.

“He…hey!” Seungho called after him as Leeteuk turned to walk away from Seungho toward the mansion.

To think he actually worried. Taeyeon didn’t need him. All she needed was Changmin. Whatever it was Leeteuk hoped she didn’t forget to find out about the things he’d asked her to.

;;;;;

“Can we…go somewhere quiet?” asked Taeyeon turning to look up at Changmin.

They had were halfway into the yard with Changmin’s arm lightly around her. Taeyeon didn’t mind him being so close because she silently enjoyed it. However, there were some things on her mind that she wouldn’t be able to speak out if they were together at his home. So, she wanted to go somewhere where she would have a lighter heart.

“Sure,” he replied, “I have just the place in mind.”

Taeyeon loved looking at the smile he gave her. She didn’t know him well just like how she barely knew Leeteuk, but she felt so much closer to Changmin for some reason. If she wanted to lean on him she would lean on him without much thought. And she had just the feeling that Changmin would offer the warmth without having to hear it from her. Why was it that her feelings for him were so big in such a short time?

She followed him down a short trail surrounded by dark green trees on either side with the cool air cooing in her ears. The birds flew back and forth being very lively. The flapping of their wings were loud making Taeyeon glance up to see how close the birds were to them. It felt like she’d walked into a zoo being surrounded by so much nature. Flowers struck out from the ground surrounded by a family of strong weeds. The grass were as green as the leaves on the branches lighting up the whole area.

“Over here,” Changmin’s voice beckoned for her.

Taeyeon turned away from the trees to see a glittering body of water behind her. Large stalks of flowers stood up at the edge of the ground and birds flew around frantically dipping their beaks into the water for any chance of fishes. It was an amazing sight even though it was so simple. Taeyeon turned to Changmin meeting with his melting smile.

“It cheers you up like a good song,” Changmin said, “I like this spot a lot.”

“I can see why,” Taeyeon told. “I like it, too.”

“Because you like it, I’ll like it even better,” Changmin teased before walking toward the edge then took of his sandals.

Taeyeon watched as he sat down on the fully grown grass and dipped his feet into the water.

“Feels good. You should try it too.”

Without retorning Taeyeon walked over, took off her shoes, and sat down beside him. Suddenly feeling shy she lowered her head and let her gaze remain on the still water. It was warm and soothing. It was even more enjoyable because he was there.

“Did you have a fight earlier?” Changmin asked leaning back comfortably with his arms sprawled out behind him.

“A fight?” Taeyeon repeated almost confused then smiled and laughed. “No. It’s nothing like that.”

“Then what?” he turned to look at her. “You seemed really troubled.”

Taeyeon leaned her head back and glanced up at the still afternoon sky. “Do you believe that there’s a such thing as normal?”

“There could.” Changmin nodded turning to look up at the sky too.

Taeyeon let out a loud sigh recalling every strange thing that had happened to her every since she’d gotten to the village.

“It feels like everything’s out to get me,” she told. “I feel like I’m going crazy.”

Changmin didn’t say anything.

“If I were to talk about it…I’d really seem crazy,” Taeyeon said. “I don’t know what to do.”

Seeing Yoona walk out of her room then running into Seungho right after…thinking about it now she felt the shivers run up and down her spine. Who had been playing with her? The fear shook her heart so horribly she felt the only solution was to run away from it all. She couldn’t talk about it.

“Then don’t do anything,” Changmin abruptly advised.

Taeyeon turned to him. She had expected him to say something different…something that sounded more sincere.

“Don’t do anything,” he repeated turning to look at her. “Just come to me and I’ll cheer you up.”

Taeyeon felt her expression quickly change to one she wasn’t sure looked right on her face.

Changmin treated her with a small smile, “Whatever it is that happens to you, even if you can’t talk about it straight out with me, if you come to me I’ll cheer you up. I’ll make you forget whatever it is that is making you feel like you’re going crazy. I can do that for you.”

With no further words to say Changmin got up and slipped his sandals on.

“Get up.” he told.

Taeyeon tilted her head up so she would be able to look at him, “What are you doing?”

He reached for her sandals and grabbed her arm gently pulling her up to her feet. After wearing her sandals she watched as he got down before her with his back to her.

“Wh…what?” she asked confused.

“I’ll carry you back,” he offered.

“No.” Taeyeon refused feeling embarrassed quickly.

“Why?” he turned to look at her. “Are you embarrassed? Don’t waste my effort in trying to make you happy.”

Taeyeon could only stare at him before he reached his hand out for hers pulling her forward. She slightly fell against him with her arm slipping halfway over his shoulder.

“Ah…I…” Taeyeon began but with one more tug on her hand to pull her forward she finally fell against his back.

“Hold on tight,” he said loudly before getting up and tucking his arms under her legs.

Taeyeon felt her face flush red. She was too embarrassed to even think clearly. The other time when he’d carried her was ok because she was almost out cold, but right now she was consciously awake. She felt herself gulp and wonder how long it would take to get back to the mansion.


***So Leeteuk is only worried abou this rival-ship with Changmin and Taeyeon has totally fallen for him ^^