Chapter 32

Forever Chingu

In Australia she had met a boy in her third year of high school and she liked him…a lot. He talked to her and made her laugh like she’d never laughed before. There were many…too many differences between them. He was a good boy, a naughty but good boy. It happened one evening. Her uncle was hungry and so was she. There was one home at the end of the block and her uncle had told her to go get some food for them. He’d said there was no one home.

The house was expensive looking. Built out of gold bricks and the lights outside shone from the sides of the house. The house had left her in awe as she slowly approached it. It was lit up like a magnificent piece of puzzle under the night sky. Walking around the tall wooden gates she found the gate closed. Glancing from atop the gate which reached her waist she found the green grass covered with flowers randomly growing around. And there was a fancy brick walk leading up to the stone staircase.

Taeyeon turned to look around her and found the streets empty. Heaving herself up and with one jump she successfully entered the home. Keeping her steps light she walked toward the door and found the door locked. Heaving an annoyed sigh she crept around the house to check every window she found and luckily there was one that was unlocked.

After she’d climbed her way in Taeyeon explored the neat home. The lights had been left on and she imagined a family waiting for her. In the kitchen her parents, her sister, and herself would be eating a nice meal together just like a happy family. Walking pass the living room with a built in TV she imagined them watching a comedy together with happy laughter. A small smile creased against her face in no time.

Slowly turning away she didn’t forget what she’d come for. No matter how hard she wanted her family to love her she knew deep inside that they didn’t care. The two happy scenes she'd just imagined quickly dissolved painfully. Walking into the kitchen with a table set for dinner Taeyeon glanced at the fridge and opened it. With her face hidden from view she began to randomly take anything she saw.

“Who’s there?” a voice surprised her.

Some of the food tucked in her arms dropped to her feet.

“Who…are you?” he sounded familiar.

Taeyeon felt herself freeze when she sensed him behind her.

“You…” he glanced at the outfit she was wearing. It was the same one she’d worn earlier on during the day at school. What would she do if he recognized her? “Kim…Taeyeon?”

All the food fell from her arms. Seconds later she found him dragging her toward the phone in the living room. She begged and begged and tried to pull herself back. When she fell back onto the ground on her she looked up at his…surprised face.

“You’re…a thief?” he asked in disbelief.

The disgusted face expression he wore on his face never disappeared from her mind. It remained there visibly like a bullseye glued onto a white-white piece of paper.

“You better leave now,” he turned to look away, “you disgust me.”

Tears gushed from her eyes and she scrambled up to her feet running out the door but only remembered that it was locked. Scared she turned to find him looking at her annoyed.

“Then go out the way you came.”

After climbing out the window Taeyeon found herself tripping along the way as she made it back to her uncle’s trashy home where they had a tin roof and cardboard boxes as walls. In the end her uncle scolded her heavily and went out to search the garbage bins. From then on that boy avoided her though he never said anything, but it hurt because he was her first love. He no longer talked to her nor made her laugh like he always had. She had been scared about getting close to anyone since then on. The happiness would always get crushed sooner or later but was still so naive. Everytime she met someone there was always this glittering hope that she'd be able to stay happy. And that glittering hope was painful itself.

Suddenly she felt Leeteuk lift his head off her shoulder and began to move away from her but Taeyeon quickly held him down against her by putting more force into holding him.

“What…” he began.

She couldn’t say anything but Taeyeon was sure that there were tears running down her face.

“Why?” he asked. “What are you doing?”

Quickly drying her tears Taeyeon removed her arms from around him and found him curiously eyeing her.

“I should be asking you if there’s something wrong with you,” Taeyeon quickly said to interrupt him from asking her anything else.

“What?” he asked crossing his legs.

“Why you suddenly out,” Taeyeon finished.

Leeteuk frowned at her without an answer. “It’s…because I just happened to follow you. Why are you here in the first place?”

“Because I wanted to be alone!”

“Then it’s your fault that I out.”

“What?” Taeyeon asked.

It was hard to believe that he was being so unreasonable with his excuses but afterall she didn't forget that she didn't know him.

“I already said what you wanted to hear,” Leeteuk unreasonably reasoned.

Taeyeon laughed, “Whatever.”

As Taeyeon began to get up Leeteuk pulled her back down, “Tell me, why did you come here?”

She eyed him then turned away so that she avoided his gaze. “Someone told me that they liked coming here to relax. So I wanted to try it, too.”

Why did she keep using ‘someone’ to substitute Changmin’s name? It wasn’t as if he didn’t know who she was talking about anyway.

“Then…why did you cry?” Leeteuk slowly questioned.

Taeyeon looked up surprised that he’d noticed. “I was being stupid, that’s all.”

“Don’t tell me a lie.” he accused. “We’re friends, aren’t we? Even if we don’t get along all the time I can still spare some time to listen to you.”

Putting her arms around the leg she had up and was half leaning against she averted her gaze to the flowers that were still alive around them. The wind was no where for her to hear. And for once she felt that life was a heavy burden she had to carry in this pitiful world where if one person were happy another would be sad. The heavy sky also told her that life wasn’t always a joy ride either.

She didn't quite believe him when he told her that he'd listen to her, but she took his words for granted anyway. No one else would have offered to listen to her and if it wasn't for the depressing feelings she'd suddenly stepped upon again she wouldn't have given in to him. She'd rarely talked to anyone but she was here now talking to him, who she didn't know well...she was revealing a part of her past to someone she didn't know. How surprising was that? 

“When I was in Australia, there was a boy I really liked. I consider him my first love even if it was only a one sided thing,” Taeyeon began with her eyes lowering toward the ground, “I was just recalling the last words he said to me before we never spoke again.”

Leeteuk found himself focusing on her saddened eyes. They were…really sad.

“In fact, I’m not a good person so it’d be best if you don’t consider us friends,” Taeyeon said turning to look at him straight in the face changing the subject in the blink of an eye.

Leeteuk did not know what to say and could only watch as she got up to head back. Quickly getting up to his feet determined not to leave things the way they were he chased after her.

Taeyeon had picked up her pace along the way to make sure that she was far enough away from Leeteuk, who was surely following.

“Wait!” he called after her. “You have to give me a better explanation to what you’re saying.”

Taeyeon only worried about the half jogging speed she was going at.

“Kim Taeyeon!”

She ignored him again. It would be a burden to have a guy friend or at the least be close to a guy.

“Kim Taeyeon!” he shouted loudly. “You stop right there!”

Her legs stopped and from the corner of her eyes she watched him walk pass her, turn around, and face her. She could tell from the way he looked at her that he wouldn’t take what she’d just said.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

She just simply stared at him.

“You’re telling me that we shouldn’t be friends, is that right?” he asked.

“Right.” Taeyeon returned his hard stare.

It felt like the world spun around only them at that moment. Was there anything besides Changmin that stood out as important to her at all?

“Why?”

“I really don’t have say it, do I?” Taeyeon stared at him like she didn't care at all and Leeteuk felt almost amazed, yet angered by it. Did his friendship mean totally nothing to her?

“Say it.” he was curious.

“I’ve never been interested at the suggestion of being friends with you,” she said as if it were a fact she'd known all along and had been itching to say aloud, “I don’t find you interesting. You’re the last person out of the group I’d want to be friends with.”

She found some annoyance in his face expression but he held it back well.

“No,” he immediately told, “you’ve got it wrong. I never asked you if you wanted to be friends. I just suggested that we be friends so on majority of the part I’m the one who wanted to befriend you and I will.”

Taeyeon stared back him. She hadn’t expected that kind of an answer from him.

“The more determined you are to push me away, the more determined I’ll be in trying to be your friend. Don’t play this childish game with me,” Leeteuk warned.

Leeteuk turned away from her and began to walk ahead of her back to the mansion leaving her to stare after him.

;;;;;

He didn’t understand why Taeyeon was so confusing. She changed so much. Well, he supposed girls are always like that. One moment they’re happy and the next they’re angry about something.

Sitting down on his bed Leeteuk stared at the wall ahead of him. Why had she cried? And she had thought she’d covered it up pretty well. Leeteuk laughed a little at how she thought so simple of things. His smile dropped when he remembered her arms around him. It really felt like she was still holding onto him. How long had he been out? How long had she been holding him like that and cried? For a moment he felt really sorry toward her. She seemed to have had a tough past. Did she have trouble growing up like him?


***Ah...^^ one of my favorite scenes so far. When Leeteuk was ready to pull away but Taeyeon used even more strength to hold him back. The way I arragned that particular scene in my mind is just ^^

***Leeteuk was really trying to be sincere *nod nod* but too bad Taeyeon shook it off pretty fast and acted like she doesn't care.

***And sorry for not updating. I was trying to avoid it as I couldn't motivate myself to write even a few pages. I guess I want to spend my summer doing some other stuff...like drooling over U-Kiss xD xD xD xD xD xD xD