Chapter 37

Forever Chingu

“Lets quickly find the others before finding out what happened,” Leeteuk suggested. “It’s best if we gather everyone together first.”

“Ok, sounds good,” Siwon agreed.

They woke a tired Seungho up, found Zhoumi up in his room making a few prayers, woke up a paranoid Junsu who was angry at the fact that he had been woken up, woke up a calm Jang Hyuk, and found an alarmed Gyuri ready to greet them. Together they headed as a pack down to the first floor.

“So where’s the power outlet?” Jang Hyuk questioned.

“It’s always located down in the basement.”

“Sometimes it’s outside.”

“Outside?! Whoever told you that?”

“Mine is located outside.”

“Are you sure you live in a house?”

“Shut up! What do you know about power outlets anyway?”

“You guys cut it out,” Gyuri snapped, “you’re so frustrating. Can’t you guys, once and for all, stop acting like kids, who fight over every toy that is lost?”

“You know what? Just shut up.” Junsu retorted.

“Ah man! I don’t want to go searching around in the dark,” Seungho complained slumping against the wall ready to sit down, “we’re surrounded by darkness and we don’t even know our way around the mansion yet. This is a mansion for goodness sakes! It’s so huge that it may even have 5 or 6 power outlets!”

“He’s got a point,” Zhoumi agreed.

“Why don’t we just sit?” Jang Hyuk suggested. “And those who want to go search for the power outlet…well you’re more than welcome to do so. But I’m staying here.”

Junsu yawned and sat on the ground, “I woke up for nothing.”

Siwon glanced from the others, who were already sitting on the ground to Leeteuk. “What do you want to do?” Leeteuk didn’t reply. “If you want to go search for the power outlet then I’ll go with you.”

“I guess they’ve got a point. It is a mansion after all and we don’t even know the way around. It’ll be a hard search in the dark,” Leeteuk pointed out, “we can stay here until it’s bright enough for us to search through the mansion.”

Yoona sat down on the ground silently with Siwon to her right and Taeyeon to her left. Her mind was still lingering on what had happened in her room. How was she going to make sense of it?

;;;;;

Taeyeon had let go of Leeteuk’s hand shortly after they’d found Siwon and Yoona, but she’d trailed very closely to him. Now that she was sitting next to him she felt even more awkward than when she’d found out that she’d crashed into him outside of her room. They sat in silence listening to the guys whisper to each other quietly and chuckling in the darkness. The thunder did not stop and the lightning, which was unseen from where they were, still flashed outside. Sitting in the dark Taeyeon suddenly recalled something from earlier.

Turning to Leeteuk she asked, “You tried looking for a way to go to the third floor?”

He turned to her as if surprised that she was speaking to him. “I did.”

“You couldn’t find it, did you?”

“You looked too?”

“A few days ago,” Taeyeon nodded.

Before she went on the lights flickered back on surprising them.

“Whoohoo! Would you look at that!” Junsu clapped his hands together. “Who wants to go back to sleep now?!”

“Well, since the lights are back on I’ll see you guys in the morning,” Gyuri said following the others up the stairs.

“Unnie, let me sleep with you tonight,” Yoona grabbed Taeyeon’s arm hugging her closely.

Taeyeon glanced at her pitiful friend and nodded. She turned to glance at both Leeteuk and Siwon then turned around to head up the stairs. Yoona kept her hold on Taeyeon and pulled her to a stop in the middle of the stairway.

“Unnie,” Yoona called softly, “there’s something that came into my room.”

Taeyeon’s attention became concentrated on only her friend.

“I got dragged off my bed,” Yoona told, “and I just remembered that before I got sick something also attacked me. I think something’s toying with me. Unnie…I’m scared.”

Taeyeon thought she could feel Yoona shaking from fear. What should she do? Just when she was ready to become ignorant to everything surrounding her there was suddenly this night of blackout, Leeteuk’s Kang Shin Ae, and now Yoona was being attacked. What role was she supposed to play in all of this?

;;;;;

“I’ll see you in the morning, Teuk.” Siwon told before turning around to follow Taeyeon and Yoona up the stairs, however, Leeteuk stopped him.

“Wait,” Leeteuk called.

“Yea?” Siwon turned around.

Leeteuk hesitated as if he were going to say something important then shook his head, “Nevermind.”

Siwon nodded and made his way up the stairs to see Yoona cowering behind Taeyeon like a little sister clinging onto her older sister.

“What’s wrong?” Siwon asked walking toward them.

Both Taeyeon and Yoona spun around surprised by Siwon, who also felt surprised by them.

“What?” he asked with big eyes.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything as if silently cuing Yoona to tell him something.

As if Yoona had understood Taeyeon’s silent signal she spoke up, “Nothing, oppa. We’re going to sleep now.”

Siwon watched as they turned away and made his way toward his bedroom. As he passed Yoona’s room he couldn’t quite help but take a look into her room. Turning on the lights Siwon slowly stepped in to find everything as usual. The bed covers were a little messed up because Yoona had gotten up in a hurry but everything else seemed untouched. The one thing that caught his eye out of the clean room was the large mark on the ground. Taking three steps forward Siwon leaned forward to glance at the scratch mark on the carpeted floor in which a part of the carpet, itself, was missing.

;;;;;

Yoona lay beside Taeyeon, who was lying on her side next to her. She was facing the still curtain that almost touched her long arms that she had curled up. The white moon shone ever so brightly through the curtains that Yoona felt she’d be able to see any shadow move, if there were any in the room. Turning to look at the blankness of the night she found that it only stared back at her, as if it had eyes itself.

Someone pounded on the door grabbing her attention from her blank thoughts. The pounding suddenly became more intense and she could feel her heart jump from fright. It felt urgent…like whoever it was out there wanted to get into the room fast. Sitting up Yoona’s legs felt frozen and her eyes opened with stiff horror while staring at the door, which seemed to be caving in because of whoever was out there. Why was the room so dark?

“Unnie!” Yoona called out. “Unnie!”

Taeyeon did not respond.

“Unnie!” Yoona called out with a louder voice. “Unnie! Unnie! Unnie! Unnie! Unnie!”

Still Taeyeon did not even move. It was strange. Taeyeon was not a deep sleeper, she would have awoken by now.

“Unnie! Unnie!” why was that all she could say? Her brain wouldn’t work correctly because of how frightened she felt.

Who was at the door?

It suddenly burst open and something on all four legs…or more like it was crawling with its arms scurried in. Yoona could only make out its sharp triangle teeth, its long thick hair, and its hissing while it looked around before its head suddenly turned noticing her at last. With a last hiss it scurried toward her at such speed that Yoona summoned out the loudest scream she had in all her life within that split hundreth second.

;;;;;

Taeyeon jumped up in bed with Yoona’s screams entering her ears making her deaf. Frightened at first Taeyeon quickly sat up to find Yoona lying next to her clutching tightly onto the blanket moving her head back and forth, and kicking her legs around as if she were being strangled.  Taeyeon felt sarcastically surprised with how long Yoona’s scream lasted while she rushed to turn the lights on, but Yoona was still trapped in her dream.

“Yoona! Yoona! Im Yoona!” Taeyeon shouted, but Yoona’s scream overpowered even her strong voice.

Taeyeon rushed forward, tossed the blanket away to the ground, grabbed Yoona’s thin shoulders and shook her so hard that her long hair went flailing.

“Yoona!” Taeyeon screamed as loud as she could before she felt become hoarsely dry.

Yoona’s eyes widened with shock as if Taeyeon had horrified her.

“Unnie, unnie, unnie,” Yoona whispered.

Her horrified eyes did not disappear while Taeyeon continued looking at her. And seeing Yoona stare at her like that reminded Taeyeon of her unnie’s eyes the night she’d found her. Yoona’s cold hands, which had taken a hold of hers, brought her back to the frightening bedroom in the mansion.

“I saw it.” Yoona said blinking back tears.

;;;;;

Zhoumi had already fallen deep asleep once he had his head had hit the pillow. About 15 minutes later he awoke when he thought he heard something creak open. Lifting his head up from his pillow he at first thought that he was seeing things because his eyes were so droopy. However, when lighting hit the sky and a loud booming thunder soared throughout the sky Zhoumi felt fully awake for some reason. He was sure then that the closet door, which he had never even touched, had somehow opened by itself. And immediately he could sense that someone was there.

“Who is it?” he asked aloud propped up on his elbows now.

His grandpa had told him once to never speak aloud to such things, but Zhoumi had never listened because he was always naïve. However, this time he speculated that maybe he shouldn’t have bothered to even speak at all.

In response he heard slow footsteps move across the room toward the window and pause. Very slowly before his eyes he thought he saw the outline of a woman appear. She seemed to be gazing out at the moon and it seemed as if she did not notice his presence at all.

Zhoumi felt that she did not feel harmful at all or if something were to happen she would not mean to harm him.

Glancing at her he found that she was very slender. Her long hair lay down her shoulders in a clam manner, but her gaze seemed sad. It was as if she were thinking of something, yearning for someone. She seemed…almost beautifully sad.

And almost as slowly as she had walked toward the window she slowly turned to gaze at him.

“Get him for me…” he thought he heard her say before suddenly blacking out.

;;;;;

Taeyeon’s hold on her friend became loose.

“What did you see?” Taeyeon frowned lost.

Yoona didn’t blink at all during that moment. She seemed unaffected by the air that continued blowing against her eyeballs.

“I don’t know…” Yoona seemed lost herself, her face became scrunched up as if she were recalling a memory she did not want to recall, which could have been the reason of the matter. “I’m scared.”

She seemed like she was about to start bawling. It felt awful to see her like that. It felt even worse when Taeyeon knew that she could be of no help. What to do? What could she do?

;;;;;

Gyuri had just gotten into her large bed with purple sheets and a shiny wooden headboard. She’d switched on the lamp beside her bed creating a dim glow in the room. Even though there was still lighting striking the sky Gyuri felt better if she was able to see the whole room.

She lay still for about five minutes before she finally came to the conclusion that she wouldn’t be able to fall asleep. Reaching for the drawer of her night table she pulled out her book and as she opened her book to begin reading she thought she saw a black figure appear from her left. It seemed to have appeared in front of her door, however, when she turned she saw no one.

Shaking her head at how paranoid she was feeling Gyuri turned back to her book and tried to concentrated on the paragraph she was trying to read. After reading the same sentence five times and found herself unable to transmit it’s meaning into her mind Gyuri sat her book down to her right. As she did turn to her right she felt a cold presence and thought she saw something or rather someone, who had been sitting next to her, disappear before her eyes. The hair on the back of her neck and the light hair on her arm stood up on end giving her the heavy chills. Immediately she reached for the amulet she’d placed on the night table and clutched it tightly making silent prayers in her mind.


***Interesting much? Who keeps appearing to them all? And yes, Kang Shin Ae let herself become visible to the sixth sense guy, Zhoumi.

***A long chapter to make up for the next week, which I will probably not update.