Chapter 8

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

No One's POV

"Um, Hyukjae-ah, where are we going?" asked Donghae. 

"It's a surprise, Hae." Hyukjae replied.

"H-Hae?"

Noticing the nickname he had just given Donghae, Hyukjae hastily responded, "Oh, I didn't mean to call you that, I'm sorry if you don't like it, Donghae-ah." The older's cheeks flushed with color and he looked down at his hands in embarassment.  

"N-No. I like it, H-Hyukkie. If I can call you that."

Donghae looked down at his lap, embarassed by the new nickname he gave his secret crush. However, the older was secretly screaming inside because of how adorable Donghae was. He lifted the other's chin up and eventually, their eyes met. Both of them were gazing into each other's eyes and falling deeply in them. Hyukjae started to lean in and Donghae shut his eyes immediately, unsure of what was going to happen next. They started to close the distance between themselves and....

"We've arrived at your destination."

Unfortunately, their moment was ruined by the driver. Irritated, Hyukjae gave a low grunt and exited the car while Donghae followed after the older. Still embarassed by their recent action, he kept his head low and walked quickly, unsure of where he was walking. However, when he accidentally bumped into a figure, his eyes widened and sparkled. 

They were at the amusement park, where fun filled the air and all their stress would vanish. Eager, Donghae pulled Hyukjae quickly inside and started running around. They were having fun going on rides and playing games. Although he was in a tuxedo, Hyukjae was able to win Donghae a Nemo plushie. Because of his love for Nemo and the person who gave it to him just happened to be Hyukjae, Donghae ran and almost tackled Hyukjae to the floor if it was not for a bench behind them. They sat and admired the scene in a comfortable silence. Eventually, Hyukjae intertwined their hands once more, and with his shyness withering away with every passing second he spends with the person sitting next to him, Donghae rested his head on the older's shoulder. 

"Hae?"

"Yes, Hyukkie?"

"Are you tired? I wanted to ride one more ride before going home."

"Awww...but I don't want to leave. I love spending time with you!"

Unaware of his response until after it left his mouth, Donghae quickly hid in Hyukjae's shirt, though, that wouldn't keep his blushing face hidden for long. Adoring the cuteness displayed by the fishy, Hyukjae lightly laughed.

"I like spending time with you too, Hae. But, come on, let's go, neh?"

"N-Neh."

And with that, the two of them left the bench and headed towards the roller coaster. From the information Hyukjae received from Sungmin, Donghae HATED roller coasters with a burning passion. To check to see if the data was correct, it certainly was for Donghae had a look of fear in his eyes and his body started to shake, uncontrollably. Concerned, Hyukjae backhugged Donghae to try to calm him down.

"H-hyukkie?"

"Don't worry, Hae, I'll hold on to you the entire time."

After hearing the response, Donghae immediately calmed down and enjoyed the moment with Hyukjae hugging him. He felt so warm and all his worries went away. Soon enough, they were at the front of the line and were now being seated in the mechanism. However, Donghae started to shake again after the ride runners took Nemo away from him, in case it might fall out during the ride. Hyukjae held Donghae's hand, and the both of them blushed. With that, the ride commenced. 

"H-hyukkie...I'm scared...I want to get off..."

"Don't worry, Hae, I'm right here."

Slowly, the ride started to inch up a tall, steep, drop. Seeing what will happen next, Donghae began to throw a tantrum.

"Hyukkie. Please get me out. I don't want to do this."

"But, Hae...just look okay?"

Reluctantly, Donghae looked, but shut his eyes. He felt the night breeze coming in and it sent chills up his spine. He was too afraid to look, but Hyukjae needed him to see what was happening. 

"Hae-ah...please open your eyes."

Obediently, Donghae slowly opened his eyes and couldn't believe the sight before him. At the very top, he saw fireworks going off, some were red, blue, and green while others showed pictures. Not just any pictures though, images of things that Donghae loved. Nemo, fish, the sea, basketball, soccer, you name it. The fireworks ended with a big heart at the end and Donghae felt so happy. He looked to the person sitting next to him and smiled the biggest smile ever. Hyukjae returned his famous gummy smile and inched towards Donghae, closing the distance between them. They inched closer and closer, but Hyukjae wasn't thinking of kissing the fish. Instead, he leaned into the other's ear and whispered three simple words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Lee Donghae, saranghae." 

With that, the ride finally started again, and the night sky was filled with screams as the roller coaster tumbled down its tracks.