Chapter 17

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

No One's POV

Sungmin looked anywhere but at the people in front of him who were waiting for his answer. He had to decide, but it seemed like a war between his mind and his heart on who he wanted to choose. 

Yesung.

No, Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun. 

No, Yesung.

As he was about to blurt out his answer, Henry started laughing, cutting off his sentence and saving him from everyone around him. 

"Hyung~ don't take everything I say so seriously." Henry sang.

Everyone looked at him, but soon enough, they all joined in on the laughter. Only Kyuhyun and Sungmin sat there, silent, staring at each other. Just then, Sungmin got up and ran up the stairs to his room, closed the door, and locked it.

He started to cry.

What would have happened if I answered?

What would have been my answer?

He stopped crying for a while and thought back to when he was downstairs. He was thinking until he found the answer he was looking for.

K-Kyuhyun....

Sungmin took out the necklace he found on the day of his mother's death and looked at it. He sadly smiled at it and kissed it. Tears streamed down his face as he closed his eyes and thought of Kyuhyun. 


Back downstairs, everyone fell quiet after Sungmin had ran up and hid in his room. Henry now felt bad and was sulking in his lover's embrace. Kyuhyun was no where to be seen, and Ryeowook was comforting Yesung. The turtle lover was thinking of what Henry had questioned his lover a few minutes ago. He wondered what Sungmin's answer would have been, but he already knew it for himself. He just didn't want to believe it. He sighed and looked at the person who was hugging him so tightly and protectively. He smiled. 

Wookie~I hope we can get through this together. I think I'm ready now. 

Tears slowly creeped into his eyes, and eventually, they fell. Ryeowook looked down at Yesung and gently brushed away his tears. He gave him a reassuring smile and held his hand tightly. 

I guess...we weren't meant to be, Sungmin. I will always love you, no matter what. 

Yesung quietly sat up, gave Ryeowook a kiss on the hand, which made the younger blush, and walked off. He wandered around the house, searching for a certain person until he saw him outside, sitting under a tree. He looked at how Kyuhyun's hair was disheveled, how his face expressed suffering, and how pale he was. Before going outside, he looked up the stairs and saw Sungmin's room. He smiled sadly and opened the door, leaving the house and walking towards the figure under the tree.

"Kyuhyun, let's talk."

The younger looked up at the older one in bewilderment, but Yesung ignored it and took a seat by Kyuhyun. Before starting his story, Yesung sighed.

"I've known Sungmin for such a long time and he's by far, the most amazing person ever. He's been there for me through thick and thin, and I wish I could have done the same for him..."

At the last sentence, Kyuhyun's head shot up.

"What do you mean by that? Weren't you always there to support him?" The younger's glare could have pierced holes through anyone, but Yesung overlooked it and continued his story.

"We were separated when we were little. It wasn't because of my parents either. It was...because of me. I thought we were becoming too close to the point where he would depend on me too much. I didn't want that. I left, but not only that, I left Sungmin with a broken heart. I knew what I was doing, but I wish I hadn't done that. I realized, it wasn't him who needed and depended on me, it was the other way around. I needed Sungmin. I depended on him. Whenever I was sick, he would be there to nurture me back to health. When we were bullied in school, it was Sungmin who stood up to them while I cowered in fear behind him. When I left, I realized a lot of things. I realized I hurt myself more than I hurt him. I realized that I loved him too much to let him go. However, after coming back here, I realized something important." 

Yesung looked over at Kyuhyun who was watching him attentively. He took a deep breath.

"I realized...Sungmin fell and I wasn't there to catch him. He loved me, but I left."

Tears began to fall from Yesung's eyes, but he had to say his last words.

"Kyuhyun, thank you for catching Sungmin. Because of you, he wasn't afraid to fall again. He fell this time...but I think this time, he fell in love with you." 

Kyuhyun's eyes widened at the last words and his tears began to silently fall. 

"Kyuhyun, please protect Sungmin. Never hurt him and never make him sad. I know you're the only one he truly loves. Throughout our whole relationship, although he was with me, he was really only looking at you. I'm sorry for stealing him away from you. Please do me a favor. No, a favor for his mom. Cherish Sungmin forever and always love him."

The younger silently nodded his head in understanding while tears still fell from his eyes. The two of them sat there for a while before returning to the house. Yesung snuggled with Ryeowook that night, and if Kyuhyun heard correctly, he could hear quiet sobs coming from the both of them. Although he felt sorry for both of them, he was concerned most about the bunny who was upstairs, probably sleeping in his comfortable bed now. Kyuhyun decided that he should go back to his home and sleep since there was no room left in Sungmin's house anyways. He took his coat, but before leaving, gave Ryeowook a small kiss on the forehead. 

Mianhe, Wookie...

He walked off, put his shoes on, opened the door, and walked outside, back into the cold night. Once he closed the door, however, someone stirred slightly.

Kyuhyun, saranghae...

The younger slowly crept back into Yesung's arms and hugged him tightly, enjoying the warmth the other was providing. 


Sungmin was now on his bed, watching, as the figure slowly disappeared into the night. His necklack sparkled in the moonlight as layed down on his bed and drifted off to Minland. 

Kyuhyun was walking down the sidewalk, back to his home. He turned around and looked back at the house he was just recently at. He looked up at the window to Sungmin's room and swore he saw something move. However, he pushed the thought aside and continued his walk. His necklace bounced up and down, but nonetheless, glimmered in the light of the moon.