Chapter 11

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

No One's POV

As soon as the taxi had stopped in front of the hospital, both Sungmin and Kyuhyun rushed out and ran towards the entrance. They went straight up to the receptionist desk and asked for Sungmin's mother. Once they received the information needed, they made a dash towards the room number, attempting to avoid the traffic. 

Sungmin remembered the death of his father and how accurate this life and death situation of his mother's was matching up. It was heartbreaking, tormenting, and above all, agonizing to have to go through all of this again. He glanced over at the guy next to him, running towards the same room, anticipating the same fate. It was just how his father predicted. How you will never know when someone's goodbye could be their last goodbye to you, and how everything has an end. 

Kyuhyun was the first one to reach the door and hastily opened it, revealing the unfortunate scene before them. Sungmin's mother really was in critical condition. Her body looked so fragile and feeble, and her heartbeat wasn't very strong. Sungmin was frozen at the sight in front of him, remembering how his father was in this exact same position just not too long ago. He collapsed on the floor, sobbing nonstop, and shaking violently. He didn't want to lose his last family member. No. He didn't want to be alone. He can't survive alone. He was too scared, too terrified. 

The younger picked the elder one up from the floor and placed him beside the bed. The body on the bed stirred a bit as Sungmin rested his hand on his mother's and began crying, the tears falling onto their now, intertwined hands. 

"S---Sungmin? I--Is that really...you?"

"N-neh, U-umma."

"Minnie, stop crying...I don't want to remember my last moments with you having you crying now do I? Why don't you smile?"

"B-But Umma, you're going to leave me...leave me all alone."

"You won't be alone, Minnie. You have your friends with you, don't you?"

"Neh...but..still..."

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and two figures stepped in. One was Yesung, the other Ryeowook. They both came to Sungmin's mother's bedside and stared sadly at her. 

"Kyuhyun-ah...let's go outside, neh?" 

Kyuhyun looked up at Ryeowook and nodded. He gave Sungmin one last concerned look and left, leaving the other two behind. Sungmin was grateful to see Yesung. He clung onto Yesung and buried his head in his shirt, sobbing, his cries muffled through the shirt's fabric. 

"Yesung-ah? Is that really you?"

"Neh."

"You've grown to be such a handsome young man." 

"Kamsahamnida."

"Minnie, may you go outside for a while and wait with your other friends? I want to have a word with Yesung privately."

Yesung led the heartbroken Sungmin out to Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. He carefully placed the bunny down and went back in, sat down, and faced Sungmin's mother. 

"Yesung, can you please do me a favor? Can you always take care of Minnie? Make sure he's okay and protect him?"

"Of course, Umma. I hate seeing him cry and this is the first time I've ever seen him like this. It makes my heart ache..."

"You like him, don't you?"

He stared at her for a while before answering. "Neh...I like Sungmin..."

"Then, always cherish him. Never let him go. Always love him, okay? Sungmin's sensitive so please take good care of him."

"I don't know if I can do that..." Yesung replied, smiling sadly.

"Why not?"

"He loves someone else...."

"Who?"

"The boy you saw with him earlier."

"Oh, I'm sorry Yesung...but no matter what, never give up on Sungmin, okay? Keep him safe for me and don't hurt him. Make him happy."

"Neh..."

The door to the room opened and Sungmin stepped inside. Yesung understood that they needed their alone time together, so he stepped outside. However, just as he was about to leave, the elder stopped him.

"Please don't leave me."

Surprised, Yesung looked at Sungmin. His eyes were red and puffy, but his face was full of sadness. He decided to stay with the younger and comfort him. He really did love Sungmin, but if Sungmin loved Kyuhyun, he was willing to accept it. As long as Minnie was happy, he was happy. 

The door opened once more, this time with Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and the doctor walking in. 

"What is it Dr. Kim?"

The doctor sadly looked at everyone in the room and sadly stated, "I'm sorry." 

Sungmin immediately broke down into tears again and buried himself in Yesung's shirt. He went over to his mother's bedside for the last time and held her hand. 

"There's..one more thing, also."

Everyone turned their attention to the doctor once more. 

"Cho Kyuhyun, am I correct?" Dr. Kim questioned, facing Kyuhyun.

"Y-yes?"

"Your father is here as well. It seems he was the one who caused the accident, putting Mrs. Lee's life in danger. I'm sorry, but he already passed away. He was killed in the car crash, on the spot." 

Kyuhyun's eyes widened and everyone turned their attention towards him. Sungmin looked him straight in the eyes, and the younger looked at him, but couldn't make out what his emotions were.  Instead, all he received were three words that ripped his heart apart and caused him to reside into a state of pain and misery. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hate you."