Chapter 19

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

It was mid-afternoon and a boy dressed in a white tuxedo was holding a pink bouquet of flowers. He was happily humming to a song while sitting on a bench, waiting for a certain someone. He looked at his watch and frowned slightly, wondering what was taking the other so long. To pass the time, he took a walk around the park, smelling the roses as he went and observing the environment around him. As he was walking, he looked at the trees, the people talking amongst themselves, children running around and playing, not caring about anything, the sun, the beautiful lake, and finally, the bench. He sat on the bench once again after he finished his walk and placed the bouqet of flowers beside him. He gazed at the lake and noticed how beautiful it looked with the sun's rays reflecting off the surface of the water. Next, he tilted his head back and surveyed the sky. He saw birds gliding and chasing one another, causing him to chuckled softly. His smile grew wider as he thought back to the past. 

Sungmin, do you remember? 

This is where we met.

It was the first time I heard your voice.

It was the first time I saw your face. 

It was the first time I felt your warmth.


Flashback

Kyuhyun was sitting on a park bench, quietly sobbing as he remembered how he saw his crush with another person. He was going to confess to her that day, but as he saw her with another guy, his heart split into two. He tried to hide his pain with a smile, but it didn't work. As people greeted him, to be respectful, he would kindly greet them back. However, when his crush greeted him, he could only look at her, give her a small smile and nod, and walk off. After walking away from her, the tears he tried so hard to hold back slowly flowed out of his eyes and down his cheeks. He didn't have any idea where his feet were taking him. All he knew was that he was now sitting on this one bench, the sun was going down, and the moon was coming out. Kyuhyun didn't care. His world had no light anymore. That girl was his light, his torch, his sun, his everything. Now that she was gone, he was nothing without her. He sat there and cried until a voice shocked him back to reality.

"Hey...are you okay?"

The voice was calm and soothing, almost like an angel. Kyuhyun slowly ceased his cries and tears and looked up at the newcomer. He had jet black hair, cute M-shaped lips, long eyelashes, and milky white skin. His eyes were a beautiful shade of brown and Kyuhyun felt as though he could drown in them all day long. The other broke the eye contact and took a seat beside him. 

"Did you lose someone?"

All Kyuhyun could do was stare at the boy who was now looking off towards the lake and smiling sadly. He didn't understand how he could read his mind. However, the other continued.

"You know, my father once told me, to never regret any decision I make. Whether it was in school, at work, or even other things like love. Everything happens for a reason even if it's not always great. I didn't understand him back then, but I think I do now. There are mistakes in life because no one can be perfect. Everyone feels happiness, joy, and excitement, but they come with a price. The price is pain, sadness, and agony."

Sungmin finally looked at Kyuhyun.

"There's always a first, but even a first has to end with a last. That's what my father told me. My best friend moved away when we were small. I loved him. I loved him more than a friend. He was my first love. However, it came to an end when he left. I was heartbroken, but I pulled through...somehow." 

Tears escaped Sungmin's eyes, but he looked towards the other and hugged him tightly. Kyuhyun widened his eyes in surprise at the sudden action, but he responded nonetheless. He liked the feeling the other was giving him. It was a warm, happy feeling even though he was crying. 

"I think...even if something comes to an end, there's always a fresh new start, right? Like in love, even though love comes to an end, new love can always bloom." 

Kyuhyun finally smiled after everything's that's happened.. 

I think...this is my new start...


Kyuhyun awoke from his daydream and smiled. From that day on, he and Sungmin became the best of friends. They did everything together and were always together. They cared for each other and stuck beside one another no matter how hard things could get. Sungmin was always there for him and he was always there for Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun stood up and grabbed the bouquet of flowers. As he was about to start walking once again, he caught sight of the person he was waiting for and ran to the side of the street to wait for him. Sungmin saw Kyuhyun immediately and made a run towards him, oblivious of all the traffic on the street. He avoided the cars and made a sprint, thinking that the coast was clear. 

Everything that happened next was a blur. 

Cars screeched.

There was a large crash.

The pink bouquet of roses fell, scattering across the cement.

Blood was everywhere.

Screams could be heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There, on the asphalt, layed two bodies.

Their hands were intertwined with one another as they layed there in the other's embrace.