Chapter 10

Last Kiss, Last Heart, Last Love

Sungmin's POV

AHHHHHHH! DID KYUHYUN JUST KISS ME? AND I HAVE A DATE WITH HIM TOMORROW? WAAAAA. I'm finally home and I'm now laying in my bed, contemplating on what just happened a while ago. 

"Sungmin! Dinner's ready!" 

My mom called me down for dinner and I didn't even realize how hungry I was until now. Pabo Kyuhyun. Making me forget the one thing I love the most. Food. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, avoiding a fall. 

"Hi, Mom. How are you today?" I asked with a smile.

"Good, just tired as usual." 

I noticed that she's gotten paler each day. I'm really worried about her. She's been so weak after...Dad's death. We were so happy back then, I wish I could just turn back time and go back there, but what's the point. It'll just bring back the heartbreak and sadness all over again.


Flashback

Mom and I ran into the hospital after we received a phonecall that Dad collapsed at work. We ran straight to the receptionist desk and asked for his location. Swiftly, we hurtled through the crowd and opened the door to his room. What I saw next tore me to pieces, but I think my mom was taking it a lot harder than I was.

Dad was strung up to all these medical machines, tubes sticking out of his arm, and anyone could realize how slow his breathing was. Mom almost collapsed, but I caught her in time and placed her in a chair beside the bed. I took a seat on the other side of him and held his hand. 

"D-Dad?" Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes, but I tried to hold them back so that I could talk to my dad.

"S-Sungmin is that you?" His voice was raspy and weak. My tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't hold them in any longer. I noticed my mom was starting to cry as well. We were a happy, loving family, but this was all to change now. 

"Appa, p-please d-don't l-leave u-us. W-we n-need y-you. W-we l--love you." I couldn't speak correctly because of all my tears. A puddle was beginning to form on the bed and my tears fell on my father's arm, but I didn't care. 

"Sungmin-ah. Please stop crying. I already knew this would happen. Sungmin, when I'm gone, please take good care of your Umma for me, okay? She needs your support and you need to be strong for her now. I have lived my life and now it's time for you to live yours. Don't regret anything or any decision you make, and remember, there are no such things as mistakes. Everything happens for a reason, whether it's falling in love or even falling out of love. You never know what will happen so please stay strong, Sungmin. I know you will be able to accomplish anything. Find the person you love and never let them go. Cherish them forever because you never know, one day, you might have to say goodbye to them for the last time. Goodbye Sungmin, and be strong. Never give up and remember, there's always a first, but a first has to end with a last." 

With that final breath, my father layed his head back onto his pillow. My mother began to talk to him for the last time and I decided to leave them alone. I went outside and waited, thinking over what my father had just told me. 

There's always a first, but a first has to end with a last. 


"Sungmin, are you okay?" My mother's voice snapped me back to reality. She had a worry expression on her face, but then I noticed that my vision was blurry. I felt tears falling from my eyes. 

"Umma, I still miss him...." 

"I know, Minnie, I do too."

We sat in silence and cried together, holding each other, and supporting each other because like my father had said, who knows when would be the last time you're able to hold your loved ones until it's the end. 

After dinner, I showered and layed in bed. I'm so not ready for tomorrow, but spending a day with Kyuhyun will be nice. No, not nice. It will be amazing. With that last thought, I drifted off to sleep, dreaming about bunnies and food.


(Still Sungmin's POV)

The next morning, I woke up and realized it was 10. 

Oh no! I'm going to be late for our date! ...I mean hangout. 

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to wash up. I brushed my teeth and ran back out. I hurriedly went to my closet to see what I should wear. 

....Hm...so many choices. Pink? Pink? or...Pink? 

In the end, I decided to wear a pink shirt with black skinny jeans and a white vest. Because I wanted to look a little bit nicer, I decided to wear a cute bowtie. I looked towards the clock and it read 10:45. Kyuhyun had scheduled our "hangout" at 11, so he should be outside by now. I walked down the stairs and noticed that my mom had already left for work. 

Saranghae, Umma. I'll be back home soon. 

With one last look, I closed the door to my house and walked down the steps onto the sidewalk. 

Across the street, I noticed Kyuhyun waiting for me. Wait. Was that even Kyuhyun? There's no way that was Kyuhyun. He was dressed in a white suit. Hot damn. He's an angel, no doubt. I hurried across the street and just as I was about to greet him, he held out a bouquet of flowers. Not just any flowers. PINK roses. My greeting was stopped short and was instead, replaced with a squeal and a hug. I was so happy. The roses were beautiful and seemed as though they were freshly picked. I looked at Kyu and he was just looking down, shyly. 

Being shy doesn't help me resist you, Kyu...

I lifted his chin up and gave a quick peck on the cheeks. This time, it was my turn to look down and I have to say, cement is my new best friend for the day. However, I felt Kyuhyun intertwine our hands together and it made me look at him. He looked at me and showed me a warm smile. It wasn't one of those evil 'I'm going to get you' smiles, it was a heart-warming smile that would make anyone fall for him. Before we started our, "hang---" oh what the heck, our DATE, I picked one of the roses out, and put it in the front pocket of his tux. Pink suits him very well if I say so myself. With that, Kyuhyun gave me a small tug on my hand and we started to walk. I wasn't exactly sure what he was planning, but I think I'm ready. I'm ready to admit my feelings. 

Kyuhyun, I think I've finally fallen for you, and I don't think I'll be able to fall out this time. 


Kyuhyun's POV

I planned this whole day out already. We're going to spend the whole day at the park until it gets dark. But, of course, I can't ruin the surprise, so I'll just keep it a secret. However, I do plan to make Sungmin officially mine today. I can't keep this whole "friendship" thing going on anymore. I love Sungmin, more than a friend.

We spent most of the day talking and as I was about to put my plan into action, something ruined the moment. Sungmin's cell phone rang. 

"Hello?"

"Is this Lee Sungmin?"

"Yes? Who is this?"

"Please come quickly. Your mother is in the hospital and she's in critical condition. We are uncertain if she'll be able to survive." 

All I could hear were Sungmin's responses and muffled voices over the phone. But, something shocked Sungmin too much. His eyes widened, he started to shake uncontrollably, he looked terrified, and he started to turn pale. He dropped his phone and gave me a horrified look. 

"S-Sungmin? W-what's wrong?" 

Just then, he started crying. Unsure of what to do, I picked up his phone to see if the caller was still on the line.

"Hello?"

"Please take Sungmin to the hospital. His mom is in critical condition and we don't know if we can save her in time."

Without responding to the caller, I ended the call, picked Sungmin up, called a taxi, and soon, we were off to Seoul Hospital. 

It looks like our date and us will have to wait, Sungmin. Mianhe.